APEC for US citizens

i just got APEC card I never used it before.   I know US citizens are not full members and get only fast lane benefit...

What should I mark on the arrival card,  business,  or meeting, convention ?    Do they ask anything?   If i can 30 days,  can I extend those another 30?

On the arrival card, just put what you would have written in the absence of the APEC card (tourist, meetings or whatever). As a US citizen (independent of the APEC card) you are entitled to a 30-day visa exempt entry which can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.

The APEC Card is very very useful and pays for itself very quickly.

NO Visa Fees are payable \ letter of Introduction required for visiting Vietnam or say Indonesia.

You are already Pre-Cleared for 90 Day stay in the APEC countries.

I was coming to Thailand for 2 Years, staying 90 Days and then going back home for 90 Days - No Issues.

If you run your own business you can qualify for an APEC card ( in NZ ) 

On 4/25/2019 at 6:12 AM, BritTim said:

On the arrival card, just put what you would have written in the absence of the APEC card (tourist, meetings or whatever). As a US citizen (independent of the APEC card) you are entitled to a 30-day visa exempt entry which can be extended for a further 30 days at an immigration office inside Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.

I thought you not supposed to use it for tourist purposes,  so maybe meeting would make sense ??

16 hours ago, FARANG KIWI said:

The APEC Card is very very useful and pays for itself very quickly.

NO Visa Fees are payable \ letter of Introduction required for visiting Vietnam or say Indonesia.

You are already Pre-Cleared for 90 Day stay in the APEC countries.

I was coming to Thailand for 2 Years, staying 90 Days and then going back home for 90 Days - No Issues.

If you run your own business you can qualify for an APEC card ( in NZ ) 

I have my own business but in the US,  US citizens don't get the visa benefits  but I don't mind.

53 minutes ago, adrianlew said:

I thought you not supposed to use it for tourist purposes,  so maybe meeting would make sense ??

The APEC card (for US citizens) allows you to use a special line at immigration, but provides no visa benefits, and does not indicate any particular reason for your visit. Sure, the fact that you have an APEC card identifies you as someone who likely travels a lot on business. However, it does not forbid you from taking holidays.