Raging doctor tied up by passengers after ‘trying to open emergency exit at 33,000ft’ on flight from Bangkok

webfact

'AIR HOOLIGAN' 

Raging doctor tied up by passengers after ‘trying to open emergency exit at 33,000ft’ on flight from Bangkok

The 'drunk' medic was tied to a seat for four hours

By Will Stewart

screenshot_9117.jpg

Doctor Vadim Bondar was overpowered by passengers after he 'tried to open the emergency exit'

EASTWEST NEWS

THIS was the moment passengers restrained a "drunk" doctor to stop him opening the emergency exit at 33,000ft on a packed jet.

Russian anaesthetist Vadim Bondar was overpowered by male passengers after causing terror on the Aeroflot flight from Bangkok to Moscow.

screenshot_9118.jpg

They strapped him to a seat where he remained for four hours

EASTWEST NEWS

They tied him with a belt, and he remained restrained for four hours before the aircraft landed safely in Moscow.

The 43 year old “foul-mouthed and violent” medic had been drinking rum on the ten hour flight even though the airline bans alcohol in economy class on this route, said witnesses.

Full story: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8929865/doctor-tied-up-passengers-open-emergency-exit-flight/

-- The SUN 2019-04-25

For start, airlines should seriously consider keeping a proper restraining devices and not have to do with some bits and pieces of makeshift seatbelts as air rage nowadays becomes more frequent, and someone should take his doctor license away, this man is not fit to come near patients period...

A brilliant example of why i never go with "vodka-airlines" even though they are normally cheaper on the route i need ... Just looking at their behavior on the streets here on Phuket is enough. Then add to this a location like an airplane where you can't walk away from them.. !!.. My god.. !  

Can planes doors be actually opened during flight? Answer...NO.  The door is like a plug being pushed into place by the internal compression, and I would also guess that there is some kind of electronic lock controlled by the pilot.

For start, airlines should seriously consider keeping a proper restraining devices and not have to do with some bits and pieces of makeshift seatbelts as air rage nowadays becomes more frequent, and someone should take his doctor license away, this man is not fit to come near patients period...

Many airlines do in fact have them. They tend to use a plastic-cuff style — like a massive “zip-lock” cuff that can’t be undone, only cut with high pressure cutters. You see these on riot control teams commonly. But what each airline uses or has is somewhat dependent on the country they originate (and what laws, of any say on the matter) and individual airline policy (after internal discussion with departments like security, legal/risk management and operations)

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Can planes doors be actually opened during flight? Answer...NO.  The door is like a plug being pushed into place by the internal compression, and I would also guess that there is some kind of electronic lock controlled by the pilot.

For safety reasons there is no remote “locking” function on any cabin door. Each door is its own stand-alone unit and operates irrespective of how the others operate. The only functionality is either to arm or disarm the slide inflation upon door activation, and this is always a manual function by cabin crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Michael Andersen said:

"It seems that a week can’t go by without hearing the latest story about a passenger who went cuckoo and tried to yank open an emergency exit, only to be tackled and restrained by those around him, who thought they were on the verge of being ejected into the troposphere. "

On every Bkk-Moscow fight...

Reminds me of the story below from 2005, woman tried to open the emergency exit on a Cathay Pacific flight to Brisbane to have a cigarette.   With mental health issues as the leading cause of "ill-health" worldwide, it is a wonder these crazy people do not cause more problems.  Alcohol a trigger, but you would have to be crazy in the first place 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/4456076.stm 

Geneva, 4 October— One in four people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives. Around 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions, placing mental disorders among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide.Oct 4, 2018

Hello

I used to go with aeroflot from India till France via Moscow as the flight was cheap and convenient in terms of arrival time in Paris..

Russians in the queue for registration with the airline used to heavily drink vodka from the bottle.. a lot of them drunk on each flight I took.. actually, less on the way back to India..

I imagine that if he drunk in the plane, the crew had given him drinks ?? or did not forbid him to drink from his own bottle (which he should not have been allowed to take inside the plane actually)..

Sad and dangerous..

Have a nice day

Korean Airlines on some International routes have Tasers.  After 9./11 some US Carriers allowed some crews to have handcuffs.  Of course willing and able passengers have to assist the crew in restraining this type of passenger in order to place any kind of restraint on.  Unlike the movies it is often very difficult to get a drunk and unruly person into a position to place handcuffs on(this is based upon many years of experience).  

Ruskies, a people with a dark melancholic history. Pograms up the yin yang in their history.

anti semitic, racist, homophobic, sexist people.

Alcoholism at national levels beyond belief. A cunning despot as a leader (that’s a repeat of their history right there!).

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Stop trying to dismiss a good story with facts ????

5 hours ago, static said:

"the airline bans alcohol in economy class on this route"

Remind me to never fly Aeroflot on the Bangkok to Moscow route!

*Reminder*…....Don't fly Aeroflot from Bangkok to Moscow!

Archived