Raging doctor tied up by passengers after ‘trying to open emergency exit at 33,000ft’ on flight from Bangkok

webfact

5 hours ago, madmen said:

"even though the airline bans alcohol in economy class on this route, said witnesses."

Having a few is the only thing that makes flying in a sardine can bearable,

i dont need any drink when flying and so should all others

3 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Can planes doors be actually opened during flight? Answer...NO.  The door is like a plug being pushed into place by the internal compression, and I would also guess that there is some kind of electronic lock controlled by the pilot.

That's what i heard too, but i would be quite nervous if i was trying to sleep and some crazy drunkard was messing with the door.

6 hours ago, madmen said:

"even though the airline bans alcohol in economy class on this route, said witnesses."

Your comment is pathetic considering peoples lives were at stake here... Airline Staff should only allow two servings per person on any flight and if inebriated on boarding should be allowed to refuse boarding... PERIOD!!

45 minutes ago, PatOngo said:
47 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i dont need any drink when flying and so should all others

Not even a cup of green tea?

31 minutes ago, essox essox said:

green tea is NOT alcohol did you know this fact????

Thanks for your input, I will make a note of that! ????

14 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Mind you the main cabin doors could not be opened during high altitude flights, but some of the emergency exits on some of the aircraft types that open outwards could.

Not on any recent or current Boeing or Airbus model they couldn't.  And Aeroflot use 777's between Bangkok and Moscow.  That doesn't mean I'd sit quietly in my seat watching some drunk trying to open one though.

5 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Sad...really...alcoholic doctor...he will probably be greeted as a hero in the Russian alcohol consuming culture...

Who drinks the most alcohol per capita?

Countries With The Highest Alcohol Consumption per Capita

RankCountryLiters of pure alcohol consumed per capita

1Belarus17.50

2Moldova16.80

3Lithuania15.40

4Russia15.10

Would it be technically possible to open this doors? Not really right. Safety systems + pressure. Its not like u pull hangldle and its open while airborn.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G975F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Smoking was still permitted on Aeroflot when I flew with them albeit 12 years ago at least.

Plane was a new airbus ,pilots shirt was hanging out of his trousers and he farted ad he walked towards the departure gate.

Perfect take off , cruising and landing at Moscow.

Good airline but shame about the passengers.

3 hours ago, TiiBiird said:

Your comment is pathetic considering peoples lives were at stake here... Airline Staff should only allow two servings per person on any flight and if inebriated on boarding should be allowed to refuse boarding... PERIOD!!

Don't be so melodramatic you old drama queen.

I am sure it was an unpleasant experience for other passengers but it is already well established that it is an impossibility to open the plane doors. Please explain how are 'people's lives at stake' from a drunk moron causing a ruckus ?

There are already established practices in place to deny boarding for obvious inebriates and when necessary, further alcohol on board. We don't need people setting limits for everyone because of the bad behaviour of the odd idiot.

A little perspective, there are over 100,000 daily/36.5 million annual flights worldwide....

10 hours ago, madmen said:

You would have to inebriated to board an Aeroflot plane anyway

4 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Who drinks the most alcohol per capita?

Countries With The Highest Alcohol Consumption per Capita

RankCountryLiters of pure alcohol consumed per capita

1Belarus17.50

2Moldova16.80

3Lithuania15.40

4Russia15.10

This is fake news , i'm a Brit, i demand a recount. 

8 hours ago, MRDave said:

If I was on that flight I would make a point of getting up from my seat and punching him at 15 minute intervals until the plane landed.

And charged him with attempted manslaughter....a doctor is supposed to save lives not take them. 

On a side note, isn’t it time the aviation authorities make it compulsory for airlines to put up signs that passengers can read.... like Chinese, Indian and even maybe Russian? It would help put other passengers’ mind at ease. 

Archived