Trump vows to resist Democratic probes; 'We're fighting all the subpoenas'

webfact

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Crooked Donnie is scared. 

They would first have to find someone as corrupt, criminal, lying and incompetent as the crooked Don. Pretty much impossible; he set bar high. 

I agree. His place at the very bottom of American presidents is eternally assured. 

Of course one cannot blame Trump from wanting to restrict access to documentation that exonerates him or allow testimony from people with whom he has had dealings to proclaim, and reinforce his innocence. Stands to reason really......

12 hours ago, Tug said:

In your opinion rite now Donalds instructions to his staffers to ignore subpoenas looks like obstruction to me but I’m just a simple laymen 

It's not.

If the individual named in the subpoena refuses to appear, they would be obstructing justice.

The interesting thing is that the House has the power to try a person refusing to give testimony under a House subpoena as obstruction of justice, convict if held guilty and jail the person.

I have heard they have house of representatives police that might have power to enforce the powers of congress. But I doubt they have the power to visit the "trump" perps at the white house or their homes, but I'd sure love to see that! 

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Let's deal with the most criminally corrupt president in history first before indulging in idle threats and diversionary whataboutism. 

You might just get what you wish for when Barr is finished dealing with Obama and his cohorts.

The wheels started coming off for Nixon in 1973, and it took another year before he stepped down.  During that year is when the "crazy s**t" (to use the WH counsel's term) took place, like the Saturday Night Massacre.  Don't forget the formal charge for impeachment was contempt of Congress.

That's about where we are now.  Republicans are beginning to throw their hats in the ring, must be some tacit buzz within the ranks of a potentially open convention next year.

The Dem hopefuls should be mindful that it may not be DT they are up against in 2020.

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

It's not.

If the individual named in the subpoena refuses to appear, they would be obstructing justice.

The interesting thing is that the House has the power to try a person refusing to give testimony under a House subpoena as obstruction of justice, convict if held guilty and jail the person.

So you are saying that Donald is asking thease people to face prison to protect him ?if so he is doomed

7 hours ago, Srikcir said:

It's not.

That’s not the best bit.

The Statute of Limitations for any crime, including obstruction of justice resets the clock ticking each time the perp commits or attempts to re-commit a crime.

Trump’s attempts to obstruct justice are continually resetting the clock against him.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s not the best bit.

The Statute of Limitations for any crime, including obstruction of justice resets the clock ticking each time the perp commits or attempts to re-commit a crime.

Trump’s attempts to obstruct justice are continually resetting the clock against him.

Ya gust gotta love that he may get his wall after all lol a prison wall

Archived