Non O - HCM or Phnom Penh?

Hi,

I failed to obtain an appointment at Vientiane so I have to elsewhere. I will leave on Sunday.

I need to apply for a non immigrant O visa based on having a child but not married.

Which would be the better place to go and why? Are the requirements different to those in Vientiane and if so, how?

Regards

Requirement

Ho Chi Ming City is always better than Phnom Penh for visa applications. In the case of a single entry Non O to visit your child, the main benefit is the shorter time to process the application. I believe the requirements for the application in Ho Chi Minh City are about the same as Vientiane, but perhaps someone else can confirm.

10 minutes ago, Requirement said:

Are the requirements at Savanakhet different from Vientiane?

They are the same but no appointment is needed. Savannakhet will want to see the original birth certificate,

Savannakhet will be closed on May 1st for labor day. If you apply Monday morning before 11 am you would be pick up your passport Tuesday afternoon.

15 minutes ago, Requirement said:

I also just noticed that HCM will be closed on Tuesday due to Victory Day, so pick up won't be possible on Tuesday.

Next week is certainly not a good week to apply there. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday for holidays.

25 minutes ago, Requirement said:

Will they also issue a multiple non O or is this only in case of marriage?

They will only issue a single entry based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Penang will issue a multiple entry if you can show 400k baht in a bank.