Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

10 minutes ago, vogie said:

The poll I had been looking at RR showed a decline in support for independence since 2014.

Make of this as you will.

It's still holding up reasonably well -  think a good base to start indyref2 from.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Bottom line as a Unionist and a Royalist.....

An independant scotland would have a mimimum 15 years if REAL austerity.
Massive financial cuts in..nhs, education, road maintainance, police, fire and rescue, etc etc.
Local govt would find their funding slashed hence job losses and serviced slashed.
Lical govt would have to greatly increase council tax..probably causing massive demos ouside eg city chambersin Glasgow etc.
Crime eould massively increase.
Businesses would collapse and fail leading to job losses.
But scotland will be free.
Also stutgeon would still be getting her 150 grand salary plus her 5star expence a/c.
So that would leave an indy scotland proudly bosting ..
Welcome to the glorious indy republic of jockoland..free buckfast and methadone..no giros for the ' broo "mob.
So there it is..just as well the Royalist/Unionists would take over via a coup and restore sanity.

So which of the items on offer do you personally find to be the most important, the buckfast, the methadone, or the giros?

4 hours ago, vogie said:

I can only reiterate that Scotland as a whole does not want to break away from the rest of the UK. 

That is correct, in that the Scots do not want to break away from the UK but they still want to remain within the EU. I'm not surprised as the Scots will do better by remaining in the UK than in the EU, and they know it.

So which of the items on offer do you personally find to be the most important, the buckfast, the methadone, or the giros?
No doubt the junkies woild go for the methadone..some of these poor people have been " dumped " in it for over 15 years.
The alky's..obviously buckfast and the work dodgers..the giros.
By the way..please note that in my own way I previously " fought officialdom " on behalf of genuine people who for one genuine reason or another could not do an honest days work.
The work dodgers however ..the 100% takers who never give..can shrivel up and desist imho.
Have a nice evening

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

As a born and bred Scot I really don’t know where to start with this but I know where this will finish .the Scottish electorate are not fools which puts them light years ahead of most MPs.

we have no EU place at the table no currency no oil Scotland is a backwater no offense intended but it’s a fact and if it gets independence no one else in the world will care a jot.

As a born and bred Scot I really don’t know where to start with this but I know where this will finish .the Scottish electorate are not fools which puts them light years ahead of most MPs.
we have no EU place at the table no currency no oil Scotland is a backwater no offense intended but it’s a fact and if it gets independence no one else in the world will care a jot.
But wee sturface states thst scotland is in the heart of europe.
Just as well she's a career politician and not a geography teacher[emoji2]

7 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

The problem with Sturgeon and her loony fringe was there before Brexit. They hoped to use Brexit to persuade more people to their way of thinking. First their leader pretended she could veto Brexit; then she nipped over to the EU, where President Tusk refused to meet her and President Juncker told her politely and firmly that Scotland will leave the EU when the UK does and that any future independent Scotland could apply to join like any EU country can. But would have to meet all criteria; no back door, no exceptions to the rules. Despite this she came back pretending she'd had the "nods and winks" and it would be easy- peasy. 

The SNP grew voters because Scotland doesn't vote Conservative or Liberal in big numbers and became brassed off with the ineffectual numpties in the Labor party. Also has Corbyn is now trying to do, Sturgeon makes many many promises to younger less cynical, less experentially knowledge voters. She even proposed trying to lower the voting age in Scotland to 16! Anything to win - and lord help Scotland if she ever did.

They should never have got the vote 

When the history books are written on this period Brexit will be regarded as the spark that broke up the United Kingdom ... Great Britain no more. 

The EU will carry on regardless, with new members Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

An Eton Mess ... 

20 minutes ago, TheHangingJudge said:

Scotland rejected independence end of story get over it.,

So did I ... but I won't the next time ... Brexit is the end of Great Britain, the last nail in the coffin of a once great Empire.

42 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

When the history books are written on this period Brexit will be regarded as the spark that broke up the United Kingdom ... Great Britain no more. 

The EU will carry on regardless, with new members Scotland and Northern Ireland. 

An Eton Mess ... 

:tongue:

-2481.jpg

untitledcx.png

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

An Eton Mess ... 

Carry on Fence Sitting .... starring Bernard Cribbins as Jeremy Corbyn and the EU as themselves. 

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

No doubt the junkies woild go for the methadone..some of these poor people have been " dumped " in it for over 15 years.
The alky's..obviously buckfast and the work dodgers..the giros.
By the way..please note that in my own way I previously " fought officialdom " on behalf of genuine people who for one genuine reason or another could not do an honest days work.
The work dodgers however ..the 100% takers who never give..can shrivel up and desist imho.
Have a nice evening

Fair answer, thank you. I agree with you 100% on work dodgers.  The left often suggest they are a Tabloid fantasy, and the right that the country is swarming with a vast army of scroungers. From all the statistics I have seen neither of these is true, the answer is somewhere in the middle. Programs like Benefits Street (Or whatever, which I have never seen as I don't have TV) would not have become popular if there was not an element of truth in it. A friend of mine  overheard two school leavers on the bus discussing how they planned their future life on benefits by having babies, getting council housing etc. Their boyfriends would be part of the scheme, and work was never mentioned. There is something wrong with society if this is happening. We don't disagree on everything I'm  happy to see.????

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Fair answer, thank you. I agree with you 100% on work dodgers.  The left often suggest they are a Tabloid fantasy, and the right that the country is swarming with a vast army of scroungers. From all the statistics I have seen neither of these is true, the answer is somewhere in the middle. Programs like Benefits Street (Or whatever, which I have never seen as I don't have TV) would not have become popular if there was not an element of truth in it. A friend of mine  overheard two school leavers on the bus discussing how they planned their future life on benefits by having babies, getting council housing etc. Their boyfriends would be part of the scheme, and work was never mentioned. There is something wrong with society if this is happening. We don't disagree on everything I'm  happy to see.????

Britain is finished without the hard-working , industrious family oriented Eastern Europeans. Plus their birds are generally much fitter what's not to like ?

7 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Bottom line as a Unionist and a Royalist.....

An independant scotland would have a mimimum 15 years if REAL austerity.
Massive financial cuts in..nhs, education, road maintainance, police, fire and rescue, etc etc.
Local govt would find their funding slashed hence job losses and serviced slashed.
Lical govt would have to greatly increase council tax..probably causing massive demos ouside eg city chambersin Glasgow etc.
Crime eould massively increase.
Businesses would collapse and fail leading to job losses.
But scotland will be free.
Also stutgeon would still be getting her 150 grand salary plus her 5star expence a/c.
So that would leave an indy scotland proudly bosting ..
Welcome to the glorious indy republic of jockoland..free buckfast and methadone..no giros for the ' broo "mob.
So there it is..just as well the Royalist/Unionists would take over via a coup and restore sanity.

tapatalk_1555822555217.jpegtapatalk_1555430288012.jpeg

If there was a prize for the most ridiculous post ever then this would be in the running....I should give in to my inner chaos...Long Live the Queen !

For you Brexit paupers here is some EU jewellery from the glorious Tatty Devine to make you spill your Archers' - tis great hobnobbing with the elites Nige send his best wishes and he is most grateful for all the spare dosh you have donated and he looks forward to having another nosh on the EU teat when you return him to Brussels. But please no working class racism from the likes of Tommy Robinson - Nige isn't a racist oh no ex-German wifey and German passport proves it to be so. He does like posh totty whichever way they swing -  while you lot were marching in the cold and rain. Suckers !

https://www.tattydevine.com/collections/eu-and-me

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Thanks Nauseus we all need to get on with each other before the climate catastrophe burns us all - then sovereignty alas will have no meaning. 

Well it certainly has no meaning for you.

12 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

So we ARE too wee, too poor and too stupid to be able to manage our own affairs? Thank you for clearing that up. 

An Eton Mess ... 

Nice to dream??

Sadly for you..the Unionists/Royalists will MOVE quickly to take over and " normal service" will be resumed!!!

Sturgface and her cronies..think St Kilda's will do nicely!!!!!tapatalk_1555822555217.jpegtapatalk_1555430288012.jpeg

21 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Only Scotland isn't a sovereign nation, or member of the EU, or anything like what the nationalists like to pretend with their bluster and propaganda.

Sturgeon, an egotistical president wannabee if there was one, likes to pretend she has the authority to do this, that and the other. She once claimed she could veto the UK leaving the EU! She knows very well she can't unilaterally decided to hold another referendum and implement the result as she sees fit without Westminster's approval. Otherwise she's committing treason (shame they abolished capital punishment for treason!).

Any referendum that affects the whole UK must include all the people of the UK in it. The UK, a sovereign nation, cannot and will not be dictated to by small group of loudmouth fanatics in one area.

If the whole of uk was asked from the onset we'd be shot of  'em the noo ????

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Getting back on topic.....  Scotland has every right to vote against remaining a part of the uk as a result of the brexit referendum.

It would be a shame, but they have every right to do so.

the govt know the jocks will vote leave given a second chance and wont be allowing brexit to happen as it would be even more chaos than the UK leaving the EU,absolute suicide for both nations trying to implement it in 12-18 months,would take 10-15 years of proper sketching to deliver it properly going off brexit,many on here wouldnt live to see it

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

If the whole of uk was asked from the onset we'd be shot of  'em the noo ????

Oh yes, please "Be shot of" us ASAP will do, you know what a terrible burden Scotland is on UK PLC. You'll be so much better of without us I promise, and please let you friends convince you that there is no more oil left, like you did during the 1st referendum. We won't stop you drinking whisky either. Why bother with another messy referendum, just tell us to go, and we will go quietly, cap in hand. Don't bother closing the door after us, we will do it for you, always happy to oblige. 

38 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Oh yes, please "Be shot of" us ASAP will do, you know what a terrible burden Scotland is on UK PLC. You'll be so much better of without us I promise, and please let you friends convince you that there is no more oil left, like you did during the 1st referendum. We won't stop you drinking whisky either. Why bother with another messy referendum, just tell us to go, and we will go quietly, cap in hand. Don't bother closing the door after us, we will do it for you, always happy to oblige. 

It was a one liner c/w smiley. The whole of UK should have a say as per a divorce & as I've said before I do not want Scotland to leave but one way or another the SNP need to be well and truly neutered. They are every bit as dangerous to Scotland as you think the Brexit party is to the UK. 

Methinks you should get off your high horse!

Why is the SNP talking about independence?

In a poll conducted by Survation recently a majority of Scots said either they did not want a separation referendum for at least another decade (17%) or that there should never be one (34% ).

Asked to rank the top three issues the SNP government should prioritise, 71%  name-checked the NHS, 38% the cost of living and 35% education.

Constitutional affairs and independence were mentioned by only 9%.

I have no objection to Scottish independence if that's what they want but it's not going to happen if the numbers aren't there. It's also not going to happen if the government vote themselves out of office without improvement in the NHS, cost of living and education which the electorate feel to be far more important.

Archived