Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

It was a one liner c/w smiley. The whole of UK should have a say as per a divorce & as I've said before I do not want Scotland to leave but one way or another the SNP need to be well and truly neutered. They are every bit as dangerous to Scotland as you think the Brexit party is to the UK. 

Methinks you should get off your high horse!

How amusing. You have a Brexit Party avatar yet you would deny a separate country the right to it’s own sovereignty? We’d need your permission? 

I thought that that was the argument for Brexit?

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

How amusing. You have a Brexit Party avatar yet you would deny a separate country the right to it’s own sovereignty? We’d need your permission? 

- Scotland is part of the United Kingdom.

- No such denial from this direction.

- A topical avatar is entirely my prerogative. Others have Trump, Kim Jong Oink, Putin or Basil Brush. I could change mine for a portrait of Doris Karloff now that she's weighed in.....but only if I can be bothered ????

3 hours ago, aright said:

Why is the SNP talking about independence?

In a poll conducted by Survation recently a majority of Scots said either they did not want a separation referendum for at least another decade (17%) or that there should never be one (34% ).

Asked to rank the top three issues the SNP government should prioritise, 71%  name-checked the NHS, 38% the cost of living and 35% education.

Constitutional affairs and independence were mentioned by only 9%.

I have no objection to Scottish independence if that's what they want but it's not going to happen if the numbers aren't there. It's also not going to happen if the government vote themselves out of office without improvement in the NHS, cost of living and education which the electorate feel to be far more important.

If the NHS is the number 1 priority in Scotland, then remaining in a post-Brexit UK will see it under even more pressure than now, so independence is a logical step to address the concerns about it. 

Constitutional affairs impact every single area of our governments working, whether obvious or not. 

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

tapatalk_1555430288012.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am interested in this meme, Teddy - where has the SNP expressly stated that Scotland would become a republic? Do you seriously believe that, even if they were all fervent republicans, they would be able to get away with it? I would hazard a guess that this is simply more lies and blatant fear mongering from those intent on keeping us servile and dependent on our neighbours. 

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

"Occupier's privilege" probably in Evadgib's Scotland claim  ????

15 minutes ago, tebee said:

Of course all the other countries want to leave the Eu now, after the stunning success of brexit 

Yes, rather sinks the Brexiter tub!

Wouldn't be surprised if another referendum showed something similar

Mind you, England has been dumbed down so far its hard to know.

It was a one liner c/w smiley. The whole of UK should have a say as per a divorce & as I've said before I do not want Scotland to leave but one way or another the SNP need to be well and truly neutered. They are every bit as dangerous to Scotland as you think the Brexit party is to the UK. 

Methinks you should get off your high horse!
Imho..the rancid snp are a cancer in mainstream scottish society and should be treated as such
Wait..brainwave..scoop them all up and dump them on Anthrax Island!!!

I am interested in this meme, Teddy - where has the SNP expressly stated that Scotland would become a republic? Do you seriously believe that, even if they were all fervent republicans, they would be able to get away with it? I would hazard a guess that this is simply more lies and blatant fear mongering from those intent on keeping us servile and dependent on our neighbours. 
My dear friend R/R....

Sadly anything is possible with the would be " brains trust " who advices sturgeon..her inner circle etc etc.
Remember the snp ONLY exist for one aim..break from the UK and be a bit of " not a lot " north of Carlisle.
15 years " hard " austerity " for everyone there..the " good times " have been and gone.
Just where would the finance appear from to pay for everything??
Please remember thst sadly many " professional liars " aka politicians are as shameless as their counterparts down london way.!!!
Do you honestly think that the Unionists and Royalists in scotlandwould stand by and do nothing re a imo economically illiterant crowd of incompetents destroying their social fabric.
With respect..PLEASE think again.

57 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

If the NHS is the number 1 priority in Scotland, then remaining in a post-Brexit UK will see it under even more pressure than now, so independence is a logical step to address the concerns about it. 

Constitutional affairs impact every single area of our governments working, whether obvious or not. 

Your argument is not with me or with any other country in the UK  it's with your brothers and sisters north of the border, they are the people that will decide Scotland's future.

40 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Here one reply from Luca Balboni in Italy:

72% LOL

D5D80P7UwAA4AWQ.jpg:large

What teebee failed to mention in his post is that the poll is actually done on Twitter and not through the EU countries as the Brexit and other polls are normally conducted.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1121672890166824961

IMHO it is about as much use as a fish on a bicycle.

teebee grasping at straws again.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

My dear friend R/R....

Sadly anything is possible with the would be " brains trust " who advices sturgeon..her inner circle etc etc.
Remember the snp ONLY exist for one aim..break from the UK and be a bit of " not a lot " north of Carlisle.
15 years " hard " austerity " for everyone there..the " good times " have been and gone.
Just where would the finance appear from to pay for everything??
Please remember thst sadly many " professional liars " aka politicians are as shameless as their counterparts down london way.!!!
Do you honestly think that the Unionists and Royalists in scotlandwould stand by and do nothing re a imo economically illiterant crowd of incompetents destroying their social fabric.
With respect..PLEASE think again.

One thing that can and should be done is get rid of our armed forces. Incompetent and massively expensive. Look at NI! Hopeless.

One thing that can and should be done is get rid of our armed forces. Incompetent and massively expensive. Look at NI! Hopeless.

You have your opinion and I have mine.
Imo..our armed forces are amongst the FINEST in the world..sadly they have been "abused " by likes of a certain Anthony Charles Leyton Blair..the infamous imo..sociopath and war ctiminal.." cotta??ing " scumbag who sent our troops on a fools errand..ill clad..ill equipped..3rd rate food etc etc.
Cameron..another one who could not lace a squaddies boots..evita may..need I go on.
More sadly..our magnificent Armed Forces must obey and act upon their political " bas???ds..sorry..masters.
Re N I..you fight fire with fire..why not use " outside contractors ".????
Where have you been??
On the famous down in blackpool???

27 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

You have your opinion and I have mine.
Imo..our armed forces are amongst the FINEST in the world..sadly they have been "abused " by likes of a certain Anthony Charles Leyton Blair..the infamous imo..sociopath and war ctiminal.." cotta??ing " scumbag who sent our troops on a fools errand..ill clad..ill equipped..3rd rate food etc etc.
Cameron..another one who could not lace a squaddies boots..evita may..need I go on.
More sadly..our magnificent Armed Forces must obey and act upon their political " bas???ds..sorry..masters.
Re N I..you fight fire with fire..why not use " outside contractors ".????
Where have you been??
On the famous down in blackpool???

What have you actually achieved?

4 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Howye gonnae fix the en aitch ess when ye hivnae got ony munny?

Sturgeon is doing her own Theresa May act and refusing to really listen to what the Jockinese are telling her. With at best only 1 in 5 Scots truly wanting to leave the Union, as pointed out earlier and despite the main parties all shooting themselves in the foot north of the border, she's opening the door to epic failure if she carries on with this nonsense.

Sturgeon is doing her own Theresa May act and refusing to really listen to what the Jockinese are telling her. With at best only 1 in 5 Scots truly wanting to leave the Union, as pointed out earlier and despite the main parties all shooting themselves in the foot north of the border, she's opening the door to epic failure if she carries on with this nonsense.
Yip..just another evita kinda female..who feeds her followers raw porridge and buckfast and they're stupid enough to swallow it.
Sad really[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

5 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Imho..the rancid snp are a cancer in mainstream scottish society and should be treated as such
Wait..brainwave..scoop them all up and dump them on Anthrax Island!!!

i bet your missus tells the girls in the "office" ???? teddy good man and him hap good heart ????

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

1 in 5  if brexit is scrapped, make it 4 in 5 if it were to happen

57 minutes ago, bomber said:

1 in 5  if brexit is scrapped, make it 4 in 5 if it were to happen

I think a reuniting of Ireland could become quicker a result of Brexit (if Brexit ever happens now …(?):unsure: ) than Scottish independence , but it would of course trigger it and become in a rapids

Archived