Anger over Brexit sparks new grassroots drive for Scottish independence

webfact

Sorry to break it to you, but your thinking is very much in the past, thankfully.

49% in favour of independence, a near wipe out of the nasty party in Westminster and a pro-independence majority of 19 in Holyrood. Happy days indeed!

The only bad news from this is that we will still have the stigma of having sent 3 tories to Westminster, but fingers crossed we kick those particular parasites out too.

Sturgeon is doing her own Theresa May act and refusing to really listen to what the Jockinese are telling her. With at best only 1 in 5 Scots truly wanting to leave the Union, as pointed out earlier and despite the main parties all shooting themselves in the foot north of the border, she's opening the door to epic failure if she carries on with this nonsense.
IMG_20190427_094652.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howye gonnae fix the en aitch ess when ye hivnae got ony munny?
My grandmother came from Springburn but had the vernacular slapped out of her as a child. In turn, my father also never spoke Scots and I never really picked it up either, but I think I catch your drift.

Currently we send the UK £58 billion a year and get back £30 billion via the Barnett formula. The question to ask is how will those Tory magic money trees in the Caymans survive.

All that proves is that the Scots don't want independence.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Are you feeling comfortable about the future of the UK? Is that message of positivity and togetherness post Brexit really starting to resonate with people? Do you think the very palpable anger in Scotland about Brexit will recede and we will just chuckle about the unwanted consequences of our neighbour's actions being forced upon us? Personally, I would not be so bullish if I was a unionist.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, vogie said:

Scotland does not want independence, only the SNP want this, please respect the views of all the Scots when posting.

Of course you can provide some evidence to support that statement, not holding my breath.

TM is Scotland's secret weapon, brexit has proven beyond doubt that nothing infuriates more than being told what to do by another nation.

13 hours ago, Grouse said:

One thing that can and should be done is get rid of our armed forces. Incompetent and massively expensive. Look at NI! Hopeless.

The biggest single flaw in Alex Salmond's white paper was the proposed defence arrangements. The whole concept of trying to create an airforce and army was delusional, defence budgets are probably the biggest black hole any government can create.

It is little wonder that many well informed people rejected the proposals.

11 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Of course you can provide some evidence to support that statement, not holding my breath.

TM is Scotland's secret weapon, brexit has proven beyond doubt that nothing infuriates more than being told what to do by another nation.

I think that the best evidence on the Scots not wanting independence would be the indy referendum and all the subsequent polls on independence.

No other nation is telling you what to do, if you think that, maybe you should only engage in dialogue with your fellow Scots, it is a forum where people give their opinions, sorry you don't like what you hear.

15 hours ago, aright said:

Your argument is not with me or with any other country in the UK  it's with your brothers and sisters north of the border, they are the people that will decide Scotland's future.

Exactly, just goes to show there can always be common ground.

Pity your fellow brexiteers take a different view but they have a vested interest in Scotland remaining, wouldn't want to be blamed for causing the breakup of the UK, although a good chance NI will go before Scotland.

The Times' yougov poll - support for independence now at 49%. Not a bad result for the first week of campaigning. Screenshot_20190427-095241_Twitter.jpeg.f86c52743f987d5a1bad70792899cc15.jpeg

My good friend R/R...

Approx. 15 years very severe AUSTERITY..!!!!..
Greece without the sun...!!!!
Please and with respect consider this..Sturgeon is on approx. £150000 annually plus unlimited 5 star expenses account.
Her husband is also on the same salary .. no doubt with expence account as he is one if the snp admin/office squad.

Now..as a friend I tell you this..if there ever was to be an indyref2..I sincerely hope that all the pro's/con's will be on the table for the voting public to read and digest.

Also..as a friend I say this..the Royalist/Unionist Communities will basically " go berserk ".
Sadly there would be massive public unrest if ever indyref2 happened and the " yes " vote won.
Now..happy talk..did you manage to talk Brexit Bill into joining Thaivisa.
The more Brexiteers the better...he would enjoy the cut/thrust of quite a few threads.
How's the lad getting on over in the Phillys?
Arivederchi.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

7 minutes ago, vogie said:

I think that the best evidence on the Scots not wanting independence would be the indy referendum and all the subsequent polls on independence.

No other nation is telling you what to do, if you think that, maybe you should only engage in dialogue with your fellow Scots, it is a forum where people give their opinions, sorry you don't like what you hear.

You may not have noticed but time has moved on since 2014 and we all know how reliable polls can be, how about some facts.

"No other nation is telling you what to do,"

Speaking at the University of Glasgow, Hunt said British Prime Minister Theresa May would reject any request by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon for a fresh vote on secession - something nationalist activists are pushing for because of unhappiness about Brexit.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland/may-should-of-course-deny-another-scottish-independence-vote-hunt-idUSKCN1QO1BG

The biggest single flaw in Alex Salmond's white paper was the proposed defence arrangements. The whole concept of trying to create an airforce and army was delusional, defence budgets are probably the biggest black hole any government can create.
It is little wonder that many well informed people rejected the proposals.
Salmond' biggest LIE was coming out with a massive load of b/s re how scotland's economy would not suffer in any way.
He is/was an out n out liar ans was proved to be so.

You do know that he has been cautioned and charged with the following..

2 attempted rapes
7 attempted sexual assaults
2 attempted indecent assaults.

tapatalk_1548815629899.jpeg

My good friend R/R...

Approx. 15 years very severe AUSTERITY..!!!!..
Greece without the sun...!!!!
Please and with respect consider this..Sturgeon is on approx. £150000 annually plus unlimited 5 star expenses account.
Her husband is also on the same salary .. no doubt with expence account as he is one if the snp admin/office squad.

Now..as a friend I tell you this..if there ever was to be an indyref2..I sincerely hope that all the pro's/con's will be on the table for the voting public to read and digest.

Also..as a friend I say this..the Royalist/Unionist Communities will basically " go berserk ".
Sadly there would be massive public unrest if ever indyref2 happened and the " yes " vote won.
Now..happy talk..did you manage to talk Brexit Bill into joining Thaivisa.
The more Brexiteers the better...he would enjoy the cut/thrust of quite a few threads.
How's the lad getting on over in the Phillys?
Arivederchi.

Teddy, is there any data to back up your assertion of 15 years of austerity? We hear lots of claims of impending doom but never with any context.

I believe that Sturgeon and all the other SNP front bench MSPs have voluntarily frozen their salaries at 2008-9 rates. No idea about her husband, but he isn't tax payer funded so I guess it is irrelevant.

Bill is on his way back to blighty as I type but I will cajole him further once he lands. Things the same in MNL. IMG_20180306_211419.jpeg

17 minutes ago, sandyf said:

You may not have noticed but time has moved on since 2014 and we all know how reliable polls can be, how about some facts.

"No other nation is telling you what to do,"

Speaking at the University of Glasgow, Hunt said British Prime Minister Theresa May would reject any request by Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon for a fresh vote on secession - something nationalist activists are pushing for because of unhappiness about Brexit.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-scotland/may-should-of-course-deny-another-scottish-independence-vote-hunt-idUSKCN1QO1BG

There have been many polls since 2014 and and the polls show Scotlands wish to remain within the United Kingdom, I have shown this poll earlier in this thread.

Points To Note: One man is not a nation.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:13 PM, RuamRudy said:

The majority of Scots? How do you define them? I have posted this many times before, but the majority of people who were born in Scotland voted for independence in the 2014. The referendum failed due to the votes of those who moved to Scotland from elsewhere. 

indyref1.JPG.948435a3444a887012841b28a3442a1d.JPG

You're beginning to understand the problem when those who have moved into the uk are allowed to vote?

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

What teebee failed to mention in his post is that the poll is actually done on Twitter and not through the EU countries as the Brexit and other polls are normally conducted.

https://twitter.com/EuropeElects/status/1121672890166824961

IMHO it is about as much use as a fish on a bicycle.

teebee grasping at straws again.

I've given up on believing any poll data anyway.  It is too easily manipulated and frequently (?) incorrect.

42 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Teddy, is there any data to back up your assertion of 15 years of austerity? We hear lots of claims of impending doom but never with any context.

I believe that Sturgeon and all the other SNP front bench MSPs have voluntarily frozen their salaries at 2008-9 rates. No idea about her husband, but he isn't tax payer funded so I guess it is irrelevant.

Bill is on his way back to blighty as I type but I will cajole him further once he lands. Things the same in MNL. IMG_20180306_211419.jpeg

"is there any data to back up your assertion of 15 years of austerity? We hear lots of claims of impending doom"

Exactly, the same has happened prior and post to the brexit referendum....., so presumably you don't believe the "claims of impending doom" when it comes to brexit?

t's impossible to 'prove' either way until it actually happens.

Exactly, just goes to show there can always be common ground.
Pity your fellow brexiteers take a different view but they have a vested interest in Scotland remaining, wouldn't want to be blamed for causing the breakup of the UK, although a good chance NI will go before Scotland.
Sandy/f..As you know..I keep in touch with many of my friends who live in Glasgow and the surrounding areas.
Whilst the majority of them are like myself a Royalist/Unionist..a few if them are not.
However there is common ground between ALL of us that economically it would be an utter shambles if scotland went it alone.
GREECE WITHOUT THE SUN for a minimum of 15 years.
An utter basket case.
Please ask yourself this..where would the finance come from to support/pay for all the various services etc etc

Bill is on his way back to blighty as I type but I will cajole him further once he lands. Things the same in MNL. IMG_20180306_211419.jpeg.b95f1a636d381418529719c71741ad9f.jpeg

I read various newspapers..think it's a man from strathclyde business school..Professor John Curtise??? who comes out with bits n pieces from time to time
Cheers

You're beginning to understand the problem when those who have moved into the uk are allowed to vote?
I don't see it as a problem, as such, but a fact that we need to reflect upon. We cannot claim to be inclusive in outlook if we exclude segments of our society whom we desire to stay and help build the new, independent Scotland.

The challenge is it build a case for change that is accepted and supported by all our population no matter from where they originally hailed.

I don't see it as a problem, as such, but a fact that we need to reflect upon. We cannot claim to be inclusive in outlook if we exclude segments of our society whom we desire to stay and help build the new, independent Scotland.

The challenge is it build a case for change that is accepted and supported by all our population no matter from where they originally hailed.

Would YOU be demanding that ALL Non UK jailbirds currently in scottish prisons be immediately DEPORTED back to their country of origin the minute they have served their sentence??
Ie..as they walk out of Barlinnie..they are put in a secure van..driven to Glasgow Airport..put on a plane with passport stamped..BARRED FROM SCOTLAND etc etc ????????

1 hour ago, vogie said:

There have been many polls since 2014 and and the polls show Scotlands wish to remain within the United Kingdom, I have shown this poll earlier in this thread.

Points To Note: One man is not a nation.

On condition They can stay in the E.U. …. no E.U. membership they go for independence and further as any favorable pre E.U. membership as example common market as an independant Scotland :tongue:

Simple...,  no Brexit they stay ….:wink:, ...Brexit they leave the Union ????????????????????????????….easy choice for "the Englanders"  isn't it ?...:cheesy:

Would YOU be demanding that ALL Non UK jailbirds currently in scottish prisons be immediately DEPORTED back to their country of origin the minute they have served their sentence??
Ie..as they walk out of Barlinnie..they are put in a secure van..driven to Glasgow Airport..put on a plane with passport stamped..BARRED FROM SCOTLAND etc etc ????????

I wouldn't have a problem with any of that, Teddy - if you live in another person's home, you must abide by their rules.

4 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Please ask yourself this..where would the finance come from to support/pay for all the various services etc etc

There are 15 countries in the EU with a GDP per capita less than Scotland, France being one of them

Obviously you think it is wrong for these countries to be sovereign nations.

Fortunately it is not up to you.

7 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

My grandmother came from Springburn but had the vernacular slapped out of her as a child. In turn, my father also never spoke Scots and I never really picked it up either, but I think I catch your drift.

Currently we send the UK £58 billion a year and get back £30 billion via the Barnett formula. The question to ask is how will those Tory magic money trees in the Caymans survive.

Really? No vernacular? Hardly a hint of a 'heelan burr'? I bet you sound just like my Auntie Doris from Edinburgh.

The second paragraph suggests that you think a lot like her as well.

Archived