Mystery luxury house found under construction overlooking Bang Wad Dam in Kathu

webfact

Mystery luxury house found under construction overlooking Bang Wad Dam in Kathu

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHOTOS: Chatchanon Na Thalang

S__4612340.jpg

A luxury house, under construction, has been found on the Nark Herd Hills overlooking Bang Wad Dam in Kathu.

The issue came to light after aerial photos of the house went viral in local social media. Yesterday officials paid a visit to the new house.

A man name Taweep Phonputchai from Bangkok, a representative of the land owner, met with officials and presented the land title deed to officers. The land covers an area of about 10 rai.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/mystery-luxury-house-found-under-construction-overlooking-bang-wad-dam-in-kathu

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-25

To find the owner should not be too hard. Follow these steps;

1)  Was the land document falsified ? If yes go to 2) If no go to 3) below

2) Ask the military which General is having it built

3) Ask the Junta which dead man willed it to any Junta members

4) Irrespective of 1), 2) or 3) ask any member of the Judiciary

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

To find the owner should not be too hard. Follow these steps;

1)  Was the land document falsified ? If yes go to 2) If no go to 3) below

2) Ask the military which General is having it built

3) Ask the Junta which dead man willed it to any Junta members

4) Irrespective of 1), 2) or 3) ask any member of the Judiciary

Or, read the link!

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Owning land is one thing. Having legal permission to build a housing estate is a different thing.

The article suggests the owner has the first.... But it's silent on whether the owner has the second.

I was responding to someone who was suggesting that the land ownership was dodgy because it was claimed to be a "protected green area", that's all.

By the way, it is one house, not a housing estate.

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

In Phuket they have  laws prohibiting building over 80-meters above sea level.

This place seems to be at about 140 meters.

They're not building. 

A legal temporary shed is magically coming together.

Case dismissed. 

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Owning land is one thing. Having legal permission to build a housing estate is a different thing.

The article suggests the owner has the first.... But it's silent on whether the owner has the second.

Hmm,...At this point they have to move carefully,...the owner might be connected !!!!

Usual comments from non-Phuketians who have no idea what they are talking about (how  Mai end up in this thread?_. This place is accessed off Chao Fa Road (turnoffis across from ToT), not the circular dam road (although there IS a rough dirt track leading up to it). It has been under construction for a number of months now and I have passed it on a number of occasions on foot.

I am pretty sure that it is not actually as high as some people here are claiming but its not far off. There are other smaller properties higher up the hill that have been there for years. 

There's another interesting new luxury house on the hill above the big new complex being built at the north end of Kamala. Again, it looks high but is below the threshold.

The need for a building permit and/or the process for approval is dependent upon who is behind the project. There's a large resort in Patong that's now building some bungalows for sale on their property way, way above the 80 meter limit. That same resort was called into question a few years back when some Burmese workers were killed during construction. Madame Mayor foolishly commented she wasn't sure the resort had a building permit when questioned by the media. Never heard a peep about a building permit or the supposedly dodgy land title after that.

10 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I am pretty sure that it is not actually as high as some people here are claiming but its not far off. There are other smaller properties higher up the hill that have been there for years. 

As the only poster to talk about the height above sea level of this house, I'll stick by my statement. Obviously I checked it on GE, not by walking nearby, and it is at that height. 

There are some older houses on the upslope of the hill that may be a little higher, but they are not the subject of this thread.

This place is on the downslope, just over the crest of the hill, no doubt sited to take advantage of the views.

140.JPGS__4612339.jpgS__33931284.jpg

Archived