Finding a personal trainer

georgegeorgia

Going back to Pattaya soon ( Jomtien area)for a 3 month period (12 weeks exactly )

love to get fit, lose some weight in this time ,

Any thai that i can hire full time ?

im willing to pay around 3o k a month , 6 days a week,

Split shifts , minimum 3 hours morning and 3 hours afternoon 

male or female ok as long as you are reliable and can push me to achieve what i want.

will pay bonus’s if goals are achieved in that time, we can makes contract if needed 

im wanting to do basically everything, weights, cardio, etc, will obviously have to start out slow, i will pay the trainers  gym membership fee. but mostly i want walking in the mornings and weights in the afternoon 

prefer someone who is reliable and has some experience 

I may have to contract it out thru a gym i guess and that may be a better idea so they can arrange their trainers

Is it worth advertising on say bahtsold?

The best way is going to the gym you will use, ask the staff and they have business cards for some PT or they know some.

I would say I have seen several PT in the gyms and many sucks, they spend time on there mobile when client do workout and also teach bad movements and bad form. There are some good ones that I have seen. but few. Go and start slow on your own and you will see them and you can look at how they work and then approach them.3 hours morning and 3 hours afternoon is way to much, even a pro doesn't do that much but that's your call, just saying a bad idea.

The price I can't help much, I talked to one PT and his price  4 days a week 1-1,5 hour was I think 12000b per month so not too bad. Good luck

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I've seen a number of foreigners in Thailand do personal training. I've always wondered if it's illegal for them to work as one there? I was leaning on the side of it's not allowed. Thoughts?

Why do you care or wonder? Are they stealing from you? Or hurting you in some way?

Every gym has personal trainers, what you offering and what you want will not get you a month, 10 days if lucky.

trainers can only assist you, they can stop you from eating crap food or over eating.

there are a few foreign trainers if you more comfortable, but again they are not miracle workers and do not work on bonuses based on what you think is good results 

3 minutes ago, BestB said:

Why would immigration arrest you, do tell

There are a couple of points here BestB.

The question invited a response about a farang Personal Trainer. If I'm not mistaken BB1 was just warning about the work permit side. Secondly the Soi 6 dilemma. I've not been to that Soi for many years so maybe I have it wrong about hiring personal trainers there.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

There are a couple of points here BestB.

The question invited a response about a farang Personal Trainer. If I'm not mistaken BB1 was just warning about the work permit side. Secondly the Soi 6 dilemma. I've not been to that Soi for many years so maybe I have it wrong about hiring personal trainers there.

Personal trainer having or not having WP has nothing to do with a client

6 minutes ago, BestB said:

Personal trainer having or not having WP has nothing to do with a client

I think BB1 was concerned that if the personal trainer needed a work permit and didn't have one when the Immigration arrived on the scene, it might reflect badly on you too.

In the UK, someone hiring a illegal worker, could be fined up to 10k (42000 baht). 

Can't be too careful in LOS BestB.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I think BB1 was concerned that if the personal trainer needed a work permit and didn't have one when the Immigration arrived on the scene, it might reflect badly on you too.

So if someone in a gym advises me on how to use a machine or free weights properly, they need a work permit?  No one will know if there is compensation being paid or not - so not sure how that would involve "immigration" and work permits

18 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

So if someone in a gym advises me on how to use a machine or free weights properly, they need a work permit?  No one will know if there is compensation being paid or not - so not sure how that would involve "immigration" and work permits

Yes! If someone if offering advice and you pay them. If they don't have the work permit they could be chucked out the country and you would get a fine up to 100k baht.

Remember that guy that emptied the full ashtray into the bin in that bar, Hand-cuffed, frog-marched to the meat-wagon; the lot. Big fine and deported.

Can't be too careful in LOS. Eyes, and jealously, are everywhere. I found out the hard way.

26 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

In the UK, someone hiring a illegal worker, could be fined up to 10k (42000 baht). 

Can't be too careful in LOS BestB.

Who cares what happens in UK.

What would reflect bad on you? 

So if i go to to any business who does not pay taxes, or has incorrect license or does not have any at all, it will reflect badly on me?

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Yes! If someone if offering advice and you pay them. If they don't have the work permit they could be chucked out the country and you would get a fine up to 100k baht.

Remember that guy that emptied the full ashtray into the bin in that bar, Hand-cuffed, frog-marched to the meat-wagon; the lot. Big fine and deported.

Can't be too careful in LOS. Eyes, and jealously, are everywhere. I found out the hard way.

Why would you as a customer get fined 100 000 and who as a customer ever got fined 100 000?

5 minutes ago, DrReddy said:

Visit near GYM advises following unique Training which helped many people to lose weight and maintain good health.  weight loss efforts are to improve fitness, mental health and boost our confidence. 

Thanks , yes your right i may email a gym before my long stay arrival and ask them if they can perhaps sub contract a personal trainer from them.

8 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thanks , yes your right i may email a gym before my long stay arrival and ask them if they can perhaps sub contract a personal trainer from them.

Just curious were you offering 3k a month for 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening and that 6 days a week ? of 30k ?

And no I am not looking for a job. Just wondering how your body is going to cope with all of that if your not in some shape already. If they start making me workout 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening I probably drop dead and I am in pretty ok shape.

You need to build stuff up slowly going full throttle right away will not be a good thing.

18 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Yes theoretically its possible but if the person buying the service keeps his mouth shut then its impossible to prove. How are they going to prove some one is a private trainer unless they start to extensively film him and even then he can say he trains / helps people for free.

Its too hard to prove without a money trail (especially if its farang with farang)

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, questionsreplies said:

hi, have you found a personal trainer? I am also looking. Thanks.

This personal trainer thing is fraught with danger.

Eyes and ears and jealousy are all around in LOS. A Thai sees you getting into shape (is jealous that you are a farang anyway) and reports you to the BinB, it escalates and the net thing you know you are on the plane home. After, of course, the 100k fine has been paid. And this is just the client. The trainer probably knows someone and gets off with a 30k offering.

Just get a pair of 6kg weights and carry them about all day. Swing the arms like a soldier as you walk about the sois. For an even better work out, get diving boots and go for runs on the beach.

There are effective exercises also while you are sitting on the loo. Put your elbows just to the outside of the knees. Press out with the knees and push in with the elbows, hold for 20 seconds. This can also be done with the elbows on the inside of the knees also, but takes a little time to master.

A tip on loo training; if you are wearing diving boots when sitting on the throne (so to speak), lifting both feet off the ground at once can lead to strained stomach muscles. So, work out a routine where the muscles are trained and not strained. Say, 5 lifts with the left and then 5 with the right. Or right leg first; up to you.

On 7/13/2019 at 11:43 AM, owl sees all said:

This personal trainer thing is fraught with danger.

Eyes and ears and jealousy are all around in LOS. A Thai sees you getting into shape (is jealous that you are a farang anyway) and reports you to the BinB, it escalates and the net thing you know you are on the plane home. After, of course, the 100k fine has been paid. And this is just the client. The trainer probably knows someone and gets off with a 30k offering.

Just get a pair of 6kg weights and carry them about all day. Swing the arms like a soldier as you walk about the sois. For an even better work out, get diving boots and go for runs on the beach.

There are effective exercises also while you are sitting on the loo. Put your elbows just to the outside of the knees. Press out with the knees and push in with the elbows, hold for 20 seconds. This can also be done with the elbows on the inside of the knees also, but takes a little time to master.

A tip on loo training; if you are wearing diving boots when sitting on the throne (so to speak), lifting both feet off the ground at once can lead to strained stomach muscles. So, work out a routine where the muscles are trained and not strained. Say, 5 lifts with the left and then 5 with the right. Or right leg first; up to you.

This paranoia is a bit ridiculous !

Many foreigner trainers working silently and nobody has a problem.

By the way, somebody knows about Protein ?

@myjawe ^^

This paranoia is a bit ridiculous !
Many foreigner trainers working silently and nobody has a problem.

At the moment; yes! But not too far off we will see the trainers being chucked in the wagon.

They are looking at everything.

Someone I know was seriously warned at a check point, for driving the pick-up from the fruit wholesaler, on his own. His wife's buiness.

I was stopped from running a chess club locally to me. after, I might add, i'd ordered 6 chess sets off Lazada. And it was going to cost me 500 baht each Saturday morning.

Thai people are jealous of the farang. Can't be too careful in LOS.

Wait until they start offering rewards for turning in foreigners (who might be illegal or might be breaking the law).  It'll be like someone giving away free lottery tickets to all the Thais... a mad scramble to make some easy money.  55555

9 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Wait until they start offering rewards for turning in foreigners (who might be illegal or might be breaking the law).  It'll be like someone giving away free lottery tickets to all the Thais... a mad scramble to make some easy money.  55555

Top posting!!!

Just hope they don't read you post MeePeeMai. 

Breaking the law!? Riding the m/c to the farm! Fishing!! Taking out the garbage! Helping the wife load/unload the pick-up! Lighting candles on those special occasions! Feeding the cats!

There is no hope!

If you go through the gym to hire a personal trainer you will pay at least double plus the gym fees.

The best way is a direct referral to the trainer who already has the type of  physique you want.

Also don't rely on cardio and weights too much since diet or calorie restriction  is what its all about.

With that being said if the trainer cannot hep you with a diet regimen then he or she  is simply collecting your money from you while you sweat..

Personal trainers are about 12 to 15k a month for about one hour a day 5 days a week.

More for western trainers.

Also, training 4 hours a day is excessive. Something typically done only if you normally do that anyways, not something you jump into suddenly for 3 months.

You can find trainers in most gyms. Just ask around.

Source: Me, I'm a gym rat :)

Archived