Any Veteran Bars in Bangkok?

doggie1955

There are times I like having a drink with my own kind, men who understand what it's like living the life of a Soldier.

I have a lot of friends here in Thailand, but not Brothers who I can talk to about things we did in the military.

From a 22 yr. Vet, U.S. Army

19 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Not 100% sure but there is something on Sathorn or is it wireless?

I'm guessing you're talking about the little bar-restaurant that's open afternoons and evenings at the JUSMAGTHAI compound near the corner of Wireless Road and Sathorn....

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Jusmagthai#lrd=0x30e29f250f6b2bad:0xdbc62c0c09f55c08,1,,,

59 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm guessing you're talking about the little bar-restaurant that's open afternoons and evenings at the JUSMAGTHAI compound near the corner of Wireless Road and Sathorn....

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Jusmagthai#lrd=0x30e29f250f6b2bad:0xdbc62c0c09f55c08,1,,,

Thank You.

6 minutes ago, doggie1955 said:

Thank You.

Just for the record, the place in the Jusmagthai compound is open to the public, and I've heard it has gotten popular among some office workers in the area... So it's not just a military type bar/eatery.

I'm not a veteran... But I'd assume there's some VFW presence somewhere here in BKK, and that they have some kind of meeting/gathering place somewere. I just don't know where that might be... But the folks at the Jusmagthai probably would know that.  And that probably would be closer to what you seem to be looking for.

The biggest collection of former military servicemen used to hang out in Washington Square. Alas, we know what happened to that place. As mentioned above, Justmag, according to many ex-military friends, is one such location for meet-ups. 

I cannot link to it here on TV but look up on FB, Brothers in Arms - Thailand. It's a closed group but send a message to an Admin. They should be able to help you. 

Archived