Phuket - Retirement extention - 800k

1 hour ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Excellent info thanks. It means the bank statement will not be the same date as submitting the application. I wonder how that will go ???? Probably will need BOTH the yearly and the same date statements.

If you submit all pages of your bank book up to the date you apply, the letter from the bank and your paperwork will agree.

If they create a problem, I'll suggest they call the bank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If the seasoning rules have been breached at any time, for what ever reason, your original visa will be cancelled.

What does one have to do when their original visa is cancelled?  Head from immigration immediately to the airport?

Just now, attrayant said:

What does one have to do when their original visa is cancelled?  Head from immigration immediately to the airport?

A visa would not be cancelled. Only the permit to stay from it that has been extended would  be cancelled. But I suspect they would just deny the extension and allow you to stay until it expires.

The might give you a free 7 days to leave the country it they canceled it or you might have to apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days after it is denied.

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Which is what I'll be doing from now on........

For how long (after how many years) should you keep the 800k in your bank account?

Is the money blocked?

When are you able to use at least a part of your 800k in the country? 

Did my 90day yesterday. Asked about any changes to extension re money in deposit. This at KK. The IO confirmed all paperwork is same but will check bank balance at next 90 day report. I can only assume this would require a bank letter? as she was called away befor I could ask.

1 hour ago, mihou said:

Is the money blocked?

the money is not blocked. if you want to leave Thailand or need it for some emergency you can take your money at anytime. 

but then you will have violated the terms of your extension of stay .

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I have fixed accounts at Bangkok Bank. There are no statements for fixed accounts. Just a letter from the bank. 

I keep 800k year round.    

My strategy too. However, at least in CM, they want to see also the passbook of the fixed deposit account - original and copy. Trivial.

7 minutes ago, DonaldBattles said:

Don't think we are welcome.

Here since 2000, never felt particularly welcome, but than never felt particularly unwanted neither. 

Like everywhere there are nice, and not so agreeable individuals. 

However, so far my money has always been accepted everywhere for whatever I wanted to buy. 

This suits me. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2019 at 2:39 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

If the seasoning rules have been breached at any time, for what ever reason, your original visa will be cancelled.

But if you are applying for a new extension that will only be a matter of 30 days before expiry, or less!  So, presuming no retroactive overstay, a person will be expected to leave the country soon. Hence be needing to exit, return with a tourist waiver, and perhaps apply for a conversion to a Non-Imm-O entry. Start again. No seasoning required. 

Would be simpler to just exit and return without a re-entry permit.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

But if you are applying for a new extension that will only be a matter of 30 days before expiry, or less!  So, presuming no retroactive overstay, a person will be expected to leave the country soon. Hence be needing to exit, return with a tourist waiver, and perhaps apply for a conversion to a Non-Imm-O entry. Start again. No seasoning required. 

Would be simpler to just exit and return without a re-entry permit.

All correct, though, it'll take a few people thinking that Phuket immigration will go soft on them first.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:48 PM, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement to keep the 800k baht in the bank for more than about 5 months.

It has to be in the bank for 2 months before you apply for the extension of stay and then 3 months after the day you apply. After 3 months you can reduce it to 400k baht until you top up your account at least 2 months before the day you apply for your next extension.

@Ubonjoe,Thank you for the precisions in your answer.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:01 PM, Joe Mcseismic said:

One other possible glitch. I told the bank staff that was getting me the immigration letters, that next year they would have to supply a statement for a full year instead of the present three months. She told me that the branches can issue these statement for up to six months, but a statement for the full year has to come from Bangkok and takes from five to seven days. This is Bangkok Bank.

I also have a Bangkok Bank account, but I likely have over a year before I go for my next Type-OA non-immigrant visa.  After reading your post, I'm thinking/speculating an approach would be to ask for the full year statement from Bangkok Bank  (two weeks or more in advance), and then the day of the Visa application obtain a 6-month statement.  Then when at Thai immigration and apply for the next Type-OA, submit both the 'full year' and the 'six month' statements at the same time .  The idea is the 'six-month' provides current details, and the 'full year' provides what is needed to meet the full requirement.

8 hours ago, oldcpu said:

I also have a Bangkok Bank account, but I likely have over a year before I go for my next Type-OA non-immigrant visa.  After reading your post, I'm thinking/speculating an approach would be to ask for the full year statement from Bangkok Bank  (two weeks or more in advance), and then the day of the Visa application obtain a 6-month statement.  Then when at Thai immigration and apply for the next Type-OA, submit both the 'full year' and the 'six month' statements at the same time .  The idea is the 'six-month' provides current details, and the 'full year' provides what is needed to meet the full requirement.

Yes, a yearly statement and the usual three month statement should cover everything.

I always wonder why people make such a monkey out of them applying for an extension instead of a visa. What is the advantage of an extension? I f you think about residency. You dream

Gesendet von iPhone mit Thaivisa Connect

36 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I always wonder why people make such a monkey out of them applying for an extension instead of a visa. What is the advantage of an extension? I f you think about residency. You dream

It means you don't have to leave the country.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wobalt said:

An extension is a lot easier to get than a visa.

Just need to see local immigration instead of flying out of the country and having to get a visa at an embassy, or consular office.

90 day reporting online instead of having to leave the country every 90 days.

It's cheaper. Only 1900 Bt for one year.

• Like 1