BANGKOK 22 May 2019 06:30
Joe Mcseismic

Phuket - Retirement extention - 800k

Excellent info thanks. It means the bank statement will not be the same date as submitting the application. I wonder how that will go 🙄 Probably will need BOTH the yearly and the same date statements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotYourBusiness said:

Excellent info thanks. It means the bank statement will not be the same date as submitting the application. I wonder how that will go 🙄 Probably will need BOTH the yearly and the same date statements.

If you submit all pages of your bank book up to the date you apply, the letter from the bank and your paperwork will agree.

If they create a problem, I'll suggest they call the bank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I have fixed accounts at Bangkok Bank. There are no statements for fixed accounts. Just a letter from the bank. 

I keep 800k year round.    

Which is what I'll be doing from now on........

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If the seasoning rules have been breached at any time, for what ever reason, your original visa will be cancelled.

What does one have to do when their original visa is cancelled?  Head from immigration immediately to the airport?

Just now, attrayant said:

What does one have to do when their original visa is cancelled?  Head from immigration immediately to the airport?

A visa would not be cancelled. Only the permit to stay from it that has been extended would  be cancelled. But I suspect they would just deny the extension and allow you to stay until it expires.

The might give you a free 7 days to leave the country it they canceled it or you might have to apply for an extension, pay 1900 baht and be granted 7 days after it is denied.

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Which is what I'll be doing from now on........

For how long (after how many years) should you keep the 800k in your bank account?

Is the money blocked?

When are you able to use at least a part of your 800k in the country? 

Can anyone give an example of a bank letter? Lots of references to them but no examples. Do they vary according to Immigration Office or Bank?

I see the dodgy retirement visas are still available, at the right price especially around Pattaya. I wonder how much longer this will go on.

• Haha 1

Did my 90day yesterday. Asked about any changes to extension re money in deposit. This at KK. The IO confirmed all paperwork is same but will check bank balance at next 90 day report. I can only assume this would require a bank letter? as she was called away befor I could ask.

1 hour ago, mihou said:

Is the money blocked?

the money is not blocked. if you want to leave Thailand or need it for some emergency you can take your money at anytime. 

but then you will have violated the terms of your extension of stay .

• Like 1