Any owners of 'VIP Kata' condo in Kata Phuket?

sallecc

I'd like to know if there are any Phuket forum fellow members who purchased 'VIP Kata' condo, so that we can get together for chit-chat and share info about finalizing the deal and other common themes (upcoming units registration with Land Dep. , etc...)

I know this is a long shot (considering that most of buyers are Chinese and Russians), I visited Facebook page and PM'd people who liked and commented (assumed some of them are buyers), but no reply yet... I guess most of the buyers don't speak English.

I purchased freehold condo in 2016 when construction started (got earlybird deal 8% return and 40 days usage a year, instead of 7% and 30 days), then construction delayed (and I delayed my payments even more), finally they finished last autumn, but still didn't register the units with LD, last month they said "end of April" - which is why I came from HK now... but now they say "mid-May" (meaning I'm screwed as my extension ends May/1 and my passport is full, so I'll not be able to do it myself... damn).

I already used 20 days free high-season stay in February, all looks good (condo is re-branded as 'Grand Kata VIP' hotel now), just hope to know more about final purchase stages, registration process, rental program agreement, blue house book, yellow house book, and all others dos and dont's... I live in HK (visiting Phuket few months a year), so I'm not familiar with these things at all... Maybe I'll need to start separated thread in search for some reliable local expert (or lawyer) who would guide me through all this.

Thanks in advance for all helpful inputs!

Cheers,

Alex

The web site graphics are confusing regarding location.  It's not beach front but 2nd line back from beach. As I look right now from my high balcony I still see 4 large cranes working. There have been there for almost 2 years now. As far as I can see work is going on. But some time from completion. Best of luck to you. I hope not another of the many uncompleted large scale developments.

Thanks for your reply LIK ???? That construction is actually 'VIP Kata 2' which is 2nd phase finishing in 2 years... 1st phase 'VIP Kata' has been finished last summer/autumn and has been re-branded as 'Grand Kata VIP' Hotel, operating for more than a half year now (bookable on all major websites), I stayed in our condo in February for 20 days, all looks well... BTW Nice to meet another Kata neighbor ???? I'm in Patong today and will be in Kata in few days until May/1... If you know any local property expert who could guide me through purchase & rental finalizing procedures and all dos & dont's & suggestions (as paid service of course), that would be highly appreciated ???? And yes you're right, it's not beachfront, it's near Kata night market... (the only beachfront in Kata is that MedClub horror with their prison walls blocking access to the beach from end to end, such a shame). Cheers, Alex

For some reason my reply to LifeInKata didn't show up, so I'll send it again:

Thanks for your reply LIK ???? That construction is actually 'VIP Kata 2' which is 2nd phase finishing in 2 years... 1st phase 'VIP Kata' has been finished last summer/autumn and has been re-branded as 'Grand Kata VIP' Hotel, operating for more than a half year now (bookable on all major websites), I stayed in our condo in February for 20 days, all looks well... BTW Nice to meet another Kata neighbor???? I'm in Patong today and will be in Kata in few days until May/1... If you know any local property expert who could guide me through purchase & rental finalizing procedures and all dos & dont's & suggestions (as paid service of course), that would be highly appreciated ???? And yes you're right, it's not beachfront, it's near Kata night market... (the only beachfront in Kata is that MedClub horror with their prison walls blocking access to the beach from end to end, such a shame). Cheers, Alex

Club Med been there from the early start 30+ years ago. Just renewed their 30 year lease. And yes they guard their property vigilantly ????

I can't help with these condo lease deal. We own property but buy land and build and rent. Not sell. In my 23 years here I know it's not so easy to find a 'good' agent or lawyer.  And I would recommend no-one.  Indeed I know so many people lost their deposits and payments. Ruined them. Sad ... 

2 hours ago, sallecc said:

Thanks for your reply LIK ???? That construction is actually 'VIP Kata 2' which is 2nd phase finishing in 2 years... 1st phase 'VIP Kata' has been finished last summer/autumn and has been re-branded as 'Grand Kata VIP' Hotel, operating for more than a half year now (bookable on all major websites), I stayed in our condo in February for 20 days, all looks well... BTW Nice to meet another Kata neighbor ???? I'm in Patong today and will be in Kata in few days until May/1... If you know any local property expert who could guide me through purchase & rental finalizing procedures and all dos & dont's & suggestions (as paid service of course), that would be highly appreciated ???? And yes you're right, it's not beachfront, it's near Kata night market... (the only beachfront in Kata is that MedClub horror with their prison walls blocking access to the beach from end to end, such a shame). Cheers, Alex

Love club med, it had prevented high rise along the beach.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

Love club med, it had prevented high rise along the beach.

I thought Phuket don't have beachfront highrises anyway? (across the beach)

Many people in Kata told me they hate that Berlin wall behind ClubMed lol...

They walk very long way on the scorching sun to enter the beach on it's ends.

Anyway hope we can stay on subject... I'll wait and see if any of VIP Kata buyers show up, and I'll try to find local agent (hopefully not lawyer lol) who can guide condo buyer in finalizing the purchase and make sure all is legit & up and up.

In the meantime, my Patong friend (hotel operator) will introduce their friend who has connections in Land Department... He is some sort of agent between developers and LD... If I manage to meet him before I leave (and if he is the right guy... and not too pricey), I will share information here, I'm sure there are other fellow members who'll need this service sooner or later ????

(here I attach notifications from VIP Kata developers, if anybody is interested)

VIP Kata 1 TH_EN email MARCH.pdf

VIP Kata 1 TH_EN email APRIL.pdf

Cheers,

Alex

Archived