BANGKOK 21 May 2019 22:04
BestB

Immigration got easier, my experience.

22 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lady Roadrunner makes the same complaint.

As for Immigration. Every office and every IO is different. My experience of Pattaya is they bent over backwards to help, with cute little schoolgirl temporary staff offering to fill out the application form for me! I nearly fell over in shock!

Chaengwattana will be the acid test, and it will likely take 4-6 hours, not 15 mins!

I wait to see what the new chief is like.

Bottom line is, we exist at their whim here. How could one contemplate buying property or even a car or planning retirement under such circumstances?

Looking back at my experience today I would say new chief is a lot easier as I said super easy to extend as oppose to last 2 years

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien is very efficient if your paperwork is in order. But last I heard they are not accepting combo method retirement applications so that would mean a very very bad day for someone trying that.

If you have a different recent experience there starting in March please report.

Details such as embassy letter or not

If no letter showing how many months back in deposit

Rules for calculation

Rules for pre seasoning or post seasoning

Or

News of continuing rejection of combo applications

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last time I checked April came after March and since I made it clear non b extension I am failing to see what your demands about non o requirements have to do with my post 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lady Roadrunner makes the same complaint.

As for Immigration. Every office and every IO is different. My experience of Pattaya is they bent over backwards to help, with cute little schoolgirl temporary staff offering to fill out the application form for me! I nearly fell over in shock!

Chaengwattana will be the acid test, and it will likely take 4-6 hours, not 15 mins!

I wait to see what the new chief is like.

Bottom line is, we exist at their whim here. How could one contemplate buying property or even a car or planning retirement under such circumstances?

Can't buy property - it's illegal.  Can buy a car.  Sell it if you leave. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1