Immigration got easier, my experience.

22 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lady Roadrunner makes the same complaint.

As for Immigration. Every office and every IO is different. My experience of Pattaya is they bent over backwards to help, with cute little schoolgirl temporary staff offering to fill out the application form for me! I nearly fell over in shock!

Chaengwattana will be the acid test, and it will likely take 4-6 hours, not 15 mins!

I wait to see what the new chief is like.

Bottom line is, we exist at their whim here. How could one contemplate buying property or even a car or planning retirement under such circumstances?

Looking back at my experience today I would say new chief is a lot easier as I said super easy to extend as oppose to last 2 years

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien is very efficient if your paperwork is in order. But last I heard they are not accepting combo method retirement applications so that would mean a very very bad day for someone trying that.

If you have a different recent experience there starting in March please report.

Details such as embassy letter or not

If no letter showing how many months back in deposit

Rules for calculation

Rules for pre seasoning or post seasoning

Or

News of continuing rejection of combo applications

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Last time I checked April came after March and since I made it clear non b extension I am failing to see what your demands about non o requirements have to do with my post 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Lady Roadrunner makes the same complaint.

As for Immigration. Every office and every IO is different. My experience of Pattaya is they bent over backwards to help, with cute little schoolgirl temporary staff offering to fill out the application form for me! I nearly fell over in shock!

Chaengwattana will be the acid test, and it will likely take 4-6 hours, not 15 mins!

I wait to see what the new chief is like.

Bottom line is, we exist at their whim here. How could one contemplate buying property or even a car or planning retirement under such circumstances?

Can't buy property - it's illegal.  Can buy a car.  Sell it if you leave. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Meanwhile, out of public view, in the back office, was hundreds of thousands of baht from agents sitting on a table, and immigration officers processing hundreds of extensions.  These people didn't even need to show up, let alone have 800k in a Thai bank.  ????

You saw the stacks of cash? 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Ok smarty pants visit immigration during high season where lines are outside into the car park and more and then tell me again what majority has a need for????

Everyone can choose which month they can apply for their first extension. Each subsequent extension will be for the same date and month. If you didn't choose your month wisely, who's fault is that?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Everyone can choose which month they can apply for their first extension. Each subsequent extension will be for the same date and month. If you didn't choose your month wisely, who's fault is that?

Don't they force you to use the last month of the 90 days that came with the Non-Imm O? That is the starting point for most of us and I certainly didn't realise I had a 'bad month' when I started it all off a decade or more ago. Then you are stuck with it, as too lazy to start again with a new Non-Imm O. 

I may try to shift it using my passport expiry in a year or two.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Don't they force you to use the last month of the 90 days that came with the Non-Imm O? That is the starting point for most of us and I certainly didn't realise I had a 'bad month' when I started it all off a decade or more ago. Then you are stuck with it, as too lazy to start again with a new Non-Imm O. 

I may try to shift it using my passport expiry in a year or two.

Already done that before. The date still doesn't change.

Yes, the last month of a 90 day non-Imm O. You can choose when this will be. The month you have to do an extension is fully open to choice.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Already done that before. The date still doesn't change

Of course it does, if I renew my Extension and my passport has less than a years validity they will only renew to the passport expiry. Get the new passport, and transfer the stamps. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Of course it does, if I renew my Extension and my passport has less than a years validity they will only renew to the passport expiry. Get the new passport, and transfer the stamps. 

I didn't think of that...........

But, as I said, you can choose.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Who said Chinese go to immigration ? And if they did, it would be their guide not them in person

I read your post twice, the second time wondering if I missed the word "Chinese" in your post.    Then I looked to see if you edited your OP.

I think some posters just develop a thought and post  about that thought without any reference to  accuracy or reality.

I will edit to add I doubt the change in  the top administration of the TI department has had time to filter down to the troops in the trenches.    But who knows?

Edited by watcharacters
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

When I "chose" my extension date almost 20 years ago immigration was not nearly so busy, also I believe I was on a 3 month visa that had to be converted to an extension, (within the last 30 days of my stay? Not sure about that) which meant I was stuck with a March/April date and the delights of a near Songkran renewal date.  Hardly a choice and as a newby, I didn't have the benefit of your 20/20 hindsight anyway!

• Like 1