Immigration got easier, my experience.

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien is very efficient if your paperwork is in order. But last I heard they are not accepting combo method retirement applications so that would mean a very very bad day for someone trying that.

If you have a different recent experience there starting in March please report.

Details such as embassy letter or not

If no letter showing how many months back in deposit

Rules for calculation

Rules for pre seasoning or post seasoning

Or

News of continuing rejection of combo applications

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'd also like to know of any examples of leniency on the monthly income and combination method shown at Jomtien ie how many months International Transfers they're willing to accept. Also, are they putting any conditions on the lump sum part of the combination method?

2 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

I think you are placing more importance to him, than he ever put on himself.

If the lady at the checkout of the supermarked smiles at you, do you also thank the CEO of the company?

You had some luck to have the right officer on the right day. 

Last year you probably had the wrong officer on the wrong day.

I was at Phuket immigration 2 weeks ago and the 90-day report processing guys were all smiles and chatty, they even asked me to pose with the 2,000 baht fine i got for late reporting. Next i needed a certificate of residence 2 meters to the left, and the lady demanded a 300 baht bribe. So the 2 guys were good because Big Joke left and the lady was asking for a bribe because... uhm... maybe she didnt know Big Joke left?

I am on very friendly terms with a few agents and they also said since he was gone immigration got easier, officers are no longer “scared”

my accountant also said the same thing , since his removal she found dealing with immigration got easier as it use to be.

as I said, prior to his arrival extensions were easy, after his arrival a total nightmare , and if you ever done non b extension , the amount of paperwork required is incredible.

during his reign, they would check each page, after he is gone, they just glance over it.

maybe I am wrong , maybe I am right, all I know is that extension yesterday was super easy ????

• Like 2

Easier now because Big Joke stopped billions in corruption money. Now sacked and it’s back to normal.  For those who don’t Qualify , Just pay the bribe and you can stay. Easy Peasy...and the bribe money rolls in . No more threats of rotting back in your country . 

13 hours ago, BestB said:

Well since you are an expert on majority and minority’s, please provide official data with specific numbers

Minority: the smaller in number of two groups constituting a whole

Majority: a number or percentage equaling more than half of a total

Why waste time arguing over precisely defined English words?

I would be surprised if 'more than half the tourists' visiting Pattaya need to visit immigration.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BestB said:

today did an extension , super easy , laid back officers, friendly and helpful.

Can you elaborate on what method you used?...

Bank Balance, Income Letter, Income Foreign Transfer or Combo?

And what country are you from?...

33 minutes ago, CGW said:

Those that cannot afford to buy property will always be the first to start the statement of what foreigners can and cannot own ???? 

"I" have owned houses here for 25 years, lost count of the number of times been told "they" will be confiscated and doom & misery will descend :shock1:

Our son owns our house , but lives with his girlfriend ????

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Chaengwattana will be the acid test, and it will likely take 4-6 hours, not 15 mins!

For me and my friends, CW has always been quick and easy.  The main problem we have always experienced has not been the personnel but the sheer number of applicants.

'nuf sed.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Of course it does, if I renew my Extension and my passport has less than a years validity they will only renew to the passport expiry. Get the new passport, and transfer the stamps. 

Without renewing your passport, I think it's possible to just apply for 9 or 10 months of extension (instead of one year), that should also change the date.

8 hours ago, RobMuir said:

He isn’t toeing the line. 

He wont be popular here.

I think the Pattaya immigration office is good.

They deal with badly dressed, rude, seedy sexpats with their bargirls helping them fill out the forms , angry people who can’t fill out forms or speak thai or English, etc etc. A whole bunch of trash from around the world day in day out. 

But they still manage to appear reasonably friendly.

Agree with that, at least one part of Thai beurocracy has got it right. Good job all round

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien is very efficient if your paperwork is in order. But last I heard they are not accepting combo method retirement applications so that would mean a very very bad day for someone trying that.

If you have a different recent experience there starting in March please report.

Details such as embassy letter or not

If no letter showing how many months back in deposit

Rules for calculation

Rules for pre seasoning or post seasoning

Or

News of continuing rejection of combo applications

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

See a new topic I posted today Jing

Confused by the OP mentioning that BJ had an impact on his immigration issues for the previous couple of years. Thought he only transferred to Immigration, from Tourist chief, around Sep/Oct last year.

Seems that BJ will be seen as the target for any perceived problems even when nowt to do with him.

As it happens I attended Jomtien this week for my retirement extension. Service was similar to the previous five years with minimal waiting time and about five minutes, if that, to process the paperwork. I apply with a Brit Embassy Income Letter and it was accepted without comment.

Next year......who knows, but my main gripe is losing the ability to have a painless extension process and for that I attribute total blame to the Embassy wallahs. Enough has been said on the matter so will leave it at that.

• Like 1

I was at Jomtien immigration on Tuesday this week. Got a sense of a more relaxed, helpful staff. 

Chatted with a guy whose wife accidentally washed his passport, rubbing out the Permitted to Stay date on his re-entry permit. He was worried as he needed to get a Certificate of Residence. The young lad who does the application vetting at the Extension desk, took his passport and came back with a fresh red ink stamp of his stay date. Smiles all round.

I was there to transfer my extension due to a new passport. Did not know about the requirement for an embassy stamp or letter saying this old passport and new passport are for the same person. The same young lad went off a couple of minutes and brought a sample of an embassy stamp of a fellow Canadian. 

Well done. 

I did notice though that extensions are taking longer due to vetting of bank statements and the like. 

Crazy funny how some posts get into bickering.... Best not to use that at the IO but turn them into a sour mood. Alls good enjoy the day relaxing or whatever..... don’t need to fuss about it. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, jesimps said:

This forum is a much better place for me since I started to use the "ignore" facility. I figure I'm never going to get helpful advice from these characters anyway, their only purpose in life is to wind people up.

My ignore list is almost empty, if you put everyone you don't like on your ignore list, ie like the more well off posters who are always hitting out at people who live in Thailand and do not have 65.000 per month coming in.

You won't see their posts which means you won't get back at them.

8 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Everyone can choose which month they can apply for their first extension. Each subsequent extension will be for the same date and month. If you didn't choose your month wisely, who's fault is that?

Everyone can change the extension month as well.

22 hours ago, BestB said:

immigration in Pattaya half empty ( so much for millions of tourists and all

that noise)

Jomtien Immigration is always as zoo in the couple of weeks before Songkran with the punters that arrived around Hogmanay suddenly doing all sorts of reports and extensions or others applying for re-entry permits so they can avoid Songkran.

The latter demographic haven't returned yet. The office is always like a morgue post-Songkran,

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Jomtien Immigration is always as zoo in the couple of weeks before Songkran with the punters that arrived around Hogmanay suddenly doing all sorts of reports and extensions or others applying for re-entry permits so they can avoid Songkran.

The latter demographic haven't returned yet. The office is always like a morgue post-Songkran,

never though i would say it, but i enjoyed the morgue ????

19 hours ago, Thailand Outcast said:

Meanwhile, out of public view, in the back office, was hundreds of thousands of baht from agents sitting on a table, and immigration officers processing hundreds of extensions.  These people didn't even need to show up, let alone have 800k in a Thai bank.  ????

If it was out of public view how did you see the money, how were you able to count it, how do you know it's origin (agents), the number of extensions handled in which time frame and know that "These people didn't even need to show up, let alone have 800k in a Thai bank."?

You make Sherlock Holmes appear a total amateur compared to your obviously superior deductive skills and observations!

• Haha 1