Immigration got easier, my experience.

42 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

I would support the OPs view. This week found it really easy to do an extension of retirement visa, Exit permit and 90 day reporting. All that in less than 1 hour 15 minutes across the two days.

Combo method? 

just did my 90 day report ( O/A visa and 1 yr renewal also just completed )  and was pleasantly surprised how straightforward it was today !  Fill in the form ,  no photocopies required ,  get ticket and straight away to the desk . Very nice lady , all polite and smiles on both sides - completed and out within 5 minutes !!    Have to congratulate / give praise when deserved !!

6 minutes ago, Jen65 said:

just did my 90 day report ( O/A visa and 1 yr renewal also just completed )  and was pleasantly surprised how straightforward it was today !  Fill in the form ,  no photocopies required ,  get ticket and straight away to the desk . Very nice lady , all polite and smiles on both sides - completed and out within 5 minutes !!    Have to congratulate / give praise when deserved !!

what a pain, here in phuket we dont need get out of our car or give them anything but the passport for 90 day report or address registration if your at the same address  ????

• Haha 1

Could it be that Pattaya Immigration is the most friendly as they have realised the town depends on foreigners and tourists for income?

Or could it be some Russian mafia persuaded them it would be good for their health if they complied?

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Without renewing your passport, I think it's possible to just apply for 9 or 10 months of extension (instead of one year), that should also change the date.

Yes I thought I said that, basically renewing into a passport with say 9 months to expiration. Then I would need to get the new passport, and transfer the stamps into the new one, the permission to stay date would remain unchanged, as per the one in the old passport, ie it's expiry date. 

Edited by jacko45k

38 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I thought I said that, basically renewing into a passport with say 9 months to expiration. Then I would need to get the new passport, and transfer the stamps into the new one, the permission to stay date would remain unchanged, as per the one in the old passport, ie it's expiry date. 

What I meant was to change the application date without getting a new passport.

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

What I meant was to change the application date without getting a new passport.

I don't understand. If you turn up at immigration 7 months into a retirement extension trying to renew it, they likely will send you away. Thirty days before expiry, 45 in some IOs, is the usual permissible time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I don't understand. If you turn up at immigration 7 months into a retirement extension trying to renew it, they likely will send you away. Thirty days before expiry, 45 in some IOs, is the usual permissible time. 

No, you should show up at the normal time period, but you should not apply for one year. You could apply, for example, only 7 months of extension. Then for the next extension the date should be altered by 5 month.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Vacuum said:

No, you should show up at the normal time period, but you should not apply for one year. You could apply, for example, only 7 months of extension. Then for the next extension the date should be altered by 5 month.

Oh I see, instead of putting 365 days on the TM7, put say, 270 days? Have you heard of people dong that successfully? 

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Oh I see, instead of putting 365 days on the TM7, put say, 270 days? Have you heard of people dong that successfully? 

No, haven't heard of anyone doing it, but can't see why it shouldn't work.

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2019 at 6:16 PM, marcusarelus said:

Why would the Chinese tourists go to Pattaya Immigration? 

Chinese tourists usually go to Bangkok and Chiang Mai.

There are still tons of them there

On 4/26/2019 at 8:23 AM, BestB said:

I am on very friendly terms with a few agents and they also said since he was gone immigration got easier, officers are no longer “scared”

Scared of  what?

Does that we will have queues of nightmarish agents again?

27 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Scared of  what?

Does that we will have queues of nightmarish agents again?

scared of being demoted or moved for any irregularity  if they missed anything.

What is so nightmarish about agents, just because you can not afford one, does not mean other people want to waste their time or be marked around to make agents nightmarish.