EMS Thailand to Europe

userabcd

Went to post office to mail an important letter and attached original documentation from Thailand to Luxembourg as quickly as possible.

Wanted to use DHL but PO clerk said DHL does not service Luxembourg and proposed EMS.

Opted for EMS with tracking and the package mailed on the 23rd March 2019 passed through customs and then to the Post in Lux and then the package disappeared on the 25th March 2019, no further tracking updates.

I'm so annoyed as it took me almost several months at some cost to obtain the original documentation to send to Lux and EMS have lost it.

Numerous posts before indicate that once an EMS hits a foreign country's post system it disappears from tracking until finally delivered making a person think it has been lost in space.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Have you tried tracking it on the Luxembourg Post site?

Have you checked with the recipient if it has arrived?

Thanks, checked both package on post web site same as Thaipost. The addressee has not received the documents. I have submitted a query both in Thailand and Post in Lux and their investigation teams are looking for the package.

Edited by userabcd

48 minutes ago, Pib said:

Numerous posts before indicate that once an EMS hits a foreign country's post system it disappears from tracking until finally delivered making a person think it has been lost in space.

Yeah I have seen those posts. But after almost one month in seems inconceivable that a document package is sitting in tiny Luxembourg somewhere.

I feel it would have been safer to send this document package by registered post which is how I usually send my mail and never had a problem before.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, userabcd said:

EMS have lost it.

If it is lost it will be a delayed in Luxembourg.

I have never had a problem with EMS to UK and never with the lesser tracking Thai post which I use all the time now, don't know what Thai post calls it, I call it " medium post ".

Just to update, the addressee finally received my package in Luxembourg on the 30th April 2019.

There still no update or word from the thai post investigation team. The ems tracking website still shows the package as being cleared by customs and transferred to the Lux post sorting centre on the 25th March 2019.

Edited by userabcd

Another example of once an EMS mailing enters the foreign country postal system that tracking can make it look like the shipment has been lost in space....but then the addressee receives it which the EMS tracking may not reflect immediately (or maybe ever).   The communications/updates between postal systems of different countries is far from real time or complete. 

• Like 1

Another example of once an EMS mailing enters the foreign country postal system that tracking can make it look like the shipment has been lost in space....but then the addressee receives it which the EMS tracking may not reflect immediately (or maybe ever).   The communications/updates between postal systems of different countries is far from real time or complete. 

I agree. I regularly send letters and small parcels to the US from Bangkok and tracking on the Thai Post side tends to be very soldi right up to export from the SMC (Suvarnabhumi Mail Centre).... however, once it hits the US, overall the USPS tracking tends to be very good... so.. really the only “gap” per se, is basically the time between leaving the SMC and the time it hits and clears the importing USPS/CBP Mail center... that time can be a few days and sometimes my letters/parcels miss that scan - so I looks like it’s really in a black hole... until it hits my local PO where local delivery scans now kick in.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app