Former Vice President Biden launches White House bid as Democrat frontrunner

snoop1130

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, mogandave said:

Wealthy Americans don’t pay Social Security?

So you are for removing the cap on the payroll tax, correct?

Are you also for removing the caps on Social Security payments?

What about means testing, do you support that?

Yes, I am for removing the cap on the payroll tax. There is a proposal to exempt income from roughly 100,000 to 400,000  for those in that income range. But to impose it on those who earn more.

Of course I'm not for removing the caps. That would defeat the purpose of the proposal.

No, don't support means testing. That's just a way of actually weakening support for Social Security. Best to give everyone some stake in it.

Yes, I am for removing the cap on the payroll tax. There is a proposal to exempt income from roughly 100,000 to 400,000  for those in that income range. But to impose it on those who earn more.
Of course I'm not for removing the caps. That would defeat the purpose of the proposal.
No, don't support means testing. That's just a way of actually weakening support for Social Security. Best to give everyone some stake in it.

Do you support exempting 100-400k? I would not.

Do you think it coincidence the 200-400k would cover most of Congress?

The 200-400k is where all the payroll money is anyway. So congress looks like it’s sticking it to the rich, exempts themselves and collects almost no additional taxes, sweet!

28 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Do you support exempting 100-400k? I would not.

Do you think it coincidence the 200-400k would cover most of Congress?

The 200-400k is where all the payroll money is anyway. So congress looks like it’s sticking it to the rich, exempts themselves and collects almost no additional taxes, sweet!

According to studies if the tax were imposed in the way I describe, that would solve Social Security's finaning problems as far as anyone can meaningfully predict. That's what's most important. Who cares if some congressional members benefit from that? 

According to studies if the tax were imposed in the way I describe, that would solve Social Security's finaning problems as far as anyone can meaningfully predict. That's what's most important. Who cares if some congressional members benefit from that? 

What “studies”?

For that to be true, I think it would have to include a lot of income that is not currently considered payroll.

I don’t really care that it benefits congress, it was more a joke than anything, but it should benefit everyone the same way. Exempting the $100-400k would make it hideously regressive.

If you’re not capping payments, at some point you’re still in the same boat.

On 5/3/2019 at 9:41 AM, zydeco said:
On 5/2/2019 at 8:45 PM, cbtstorm said:

Bidens Iowa rally! Feel the excitement!D5fkySwWkAA9Ez7.jpeg.a0c41f361dca75ab2271b004996ec66e.jpeg

Half that room will be dead by the time the primary takes place.

Dead or alive, some of those people look like they won’t be able to get up from those chairs to go vote.

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Well I wonder how mr Biden will use the news of crazy Rudy going to Ukraine to try to attack joes dead son what a bunch of sleaze bags

or the news of how how he is not going.

Hunter Biden is still alive.

and has some serious issues in Ukraine that are being investigated by new admin there.  

3 hours ago, bristolboy said:
3 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

There is a Biden website out there http://www.joebiden.info with a very good message.  

Oddly enough, there's a troll in this thread with a very poor one.

Throw insults around all you want, but if I were a Biden supporter I would find it worrying in the extreme that a parody account of Biden actually ranks way higher than any official website. Ergo it is deemed more relevant than his official page! Luckily the parody is both hilarious and done in good taste. Well, as good taste as any groping and sniffing fest of young girls hair can be.

Throw insults around all you want, but if I were a Biden supporter I would find it worrying in the extreme that a parody account of Biden actually ranks way higher than any official website. Ergo it is deemed more relevant than his official page! Luckily the parody is both hilarious and done in good taste. Well, as good taste as any groping and sniffing fest of young girls hair can be.

The clips are funny, but hardly what I would consider groping.

38 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

#DevinNunesCow.

There is only one reason Joe Biden is running, and that is to kill Medicare For All or single payor health care. His financial backers care not if he wins the election, his only goal is to knock out the more progressive members of the Democrat party who want to do away with America's horrendous health care system. Trillions of dollars on the line for these companies that feed on Americans when they are most vulnerable.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/medicare-for-all-cost-123203720.html

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

There is only one reason Joe Biden is running, and that is to kill Medicare For All or single payor health care. His financial backers care not if he wins the election, his only goal is to knock out the more progressive members of the Democrat party who want to do away with America's horrendous health care system. Trillions of dollars on the line for these companies that feed on Americans when they are most vulnerable.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/medicare-for-all-cost-123203720.html

I disagree joe will try to run straight down the middle as to not put any one off I think that’s more trumps bag with his history of ripping people off

2 hours ago, Tug said:

I disagree joe will try to run straight down the middle as to not put any one off I think that’s more trumps bag with his history of ripping people off

Straight down the middle is where America finds itself at present. Mired in mediocrity, yet the budget always seems to disappear while racking up ever more debt for no discernable benefit.

Joe's a Trojan Horse. He never was a good politician, always choosing to be on the wrong side and whenever he misspeaks, which is often, you have to wonder if that was what he really meant and he forgot his scripted lines.

I'm really sorry for him, about some of the personal tragedies he's suffered, but sympathy is no no reason to vote for someone as inept as he is, who has shown himself to solely in service to corporate interests. Suffering Trump will have all been for nothing if Joe Biden is the result.

10 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Straight down the middle is where America finds itself at present. Mired in mediocrity, yet the budget always seems to disappear while racking up ever more debt for no discernable benefit.

Joe's a Trojan Horse. He never was a good politician, always choosing to be on the wrong side and whenever he misspeaks, which is often, you have to wonder if that was what he really meant and he forgot his scripted lines.

I'm really sorry for him, about some of the personal tragedies he's suffered, but sympathy is no no reason to vote for someone as inept as he is, who has shown himself to solely in service to corporate interests. Suffering Trump will have all been for nothing if Joe Biden is the result.

15 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Huhhh I disagree trade wars divison wealth enequity Donald is the most divisive president this country has ever seen  mr Biden will make a good president calm stable a unifier knows the system has the respect of world leaders Donald is being exposed for what he is a fraud

53 minutes ago, Tug said:

Huhhh I disagree trade wars divison wealth enequity Donald is the most divisive president this country has ever seen  mr Biden will make a good president calm stable a unifier knows the system has the respect of world leaders Donald is being exposed for what he is a fraud

Within the context of the democratic nominating process, I think I'm with the majority now, not really enthusiastic about one choice but liking that there are many good choices. But if it is Biden he would be a million times better than the current white house occupier. It's the purists that let the tragic result happen last time. Democrats need to unite behind WHOEVER.

To add, most democrats including me rate likelihood to beat "trump" very high. But that's the question, isn't it? Is Biden really the best one for that? Modern history shows that when the democrats nominate the SAFE choice, they lose, and when they nominate someone new / fresh / exotic they win. Yes, that theory may be pointing to MAYOR PETE. 

But contrary to that, Biden doesn't have the same level of negative baggage as Hillary Clinton did. 

51 minutes ago, Tug said:

I agree, Trump is horrible, but this is the primaries.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's the purists that let the tragic result happen last time. Democrats need to unite behind WHOEVER.

To add, most democrats including me rate likelihood to beat "trump" very high. But that's the question, isn't it? Is Biden really the best one for that? Modern history shows that when the democrats nominate the SAFE choice, they lose, and when they nominate someone new / fresh / exotic they win. 

“The same folks who said Trump was impossible in 2016 are the same ones lecturing on what’s ‘electable’ in 2020,” she said. “Don’t buy it. Vote your values.”   -  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

8 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

“The same folks who said Trump was impossible in 2016 are the same ones lecturing on what’s ‘electable’ in 2020,” she said. “Don’t buy it. Vote your values.”   -  Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

EVen needing to tell people that is so sad. Think about what that says about America and democracy... "vote who you like best" is essentially what she is saying. But she is right, people vote to feel safe, not for the candidate they actually prefer. My god really I personally have no hope for America. 

EVen needing to tell people that is so sad. Think about what that says about America and democracy... "vote who you like best" is essentially what she is saying. But she is right, people vote to feel safe, not for the candidate they actually prefer. My god really I personally have no hope for America. 
In the primaries sure. But in the general it's a binary choice.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

With Donald’s mishandling of the China trade(not building a collection of country’s by pissing everyone off)we may be wittiness to Donald’s demise watch the stocks today it’s a blood bath to bad everyone has to pay to flush this clown

Archived