Former Vice President Biden launches White House bid as Democrat frontrunner

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Perhaps live in and participate in the country you claim to love? Don't expect younger people like me to make up for your shortcomings. There are a lot of baby boomers.

OMG. You're on an EXPAT forum to personally insult people for being EXPATS? I've heard enough. Find someone else to play your games with.

Bye. 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The "trump" response to Charlottesville was objectively as DARK as the Biden ad describes. That's my POV and that's the POV of the people in the U.S. that aren't infected with "trump" fandom. Deal with it. Not everything thinks like you do. 

And thats just not true, but you know that, and openly support the smear because even you freely admit yourself its all about getting rid of Trump. 

I could provide a transcript right here and you'd still support the lie. 

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And thats just not true, but you know that, and openly support the smear because even you freely admit yourself its all about getting rid of Trump. 

You're going to have to grow up and realize that different people have different political views. It is true. The "trump" reaction to Charlottesville was horrific and he never convincingly corrected it. That's my opinion and it's a common opinion based on Biden's ad. I doubt he would have started with an ad that didn't have resonance with the masses. It was a brilliant ad. He's the frontrunner now for real, and now we'll see how this develops, which of course nobody can predict. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You're going to have to grow up and realize that different people have different political views. It is true. The "trump" reaction to Charlottesville was horrific and he never convincingly corrected it. That's my opinion and it's a common opinion based on Biden's ad. I doubt he would have started with an ad that didn't have resonance with the masses. It was a brilliant ad. He's the frontrunner now for real, and now we'll see how this develops, which of course nobody can predict. 

People on social security have an easier time to tell others what taxes to pay. Are you willing to sacrifice 40% of your money for the NGD? You are exempt because of your status. I feel if it would cut 30% into your income you would change your tune. But of course you take entitlements and don't pay taxes.

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Says one who wholeheartedly supports a person who lies compulsively and constantly. The reality disconnect is staggering.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

People have different political views and opinions, but not their own facts. Bending reality to fit your opinion and political affiliation is rather ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

People have different political views and opinions, but not their own facts. Bending reality to fit your opinion and political affiliation is rather ridiculous. 

I agree. The FACT is the "trump" response to Charlottesville was horrific. The FACTS are that he was pandering to his white nationalist base in his response. I can't ever accept a president like that. He's a STAIN on the presidency that will be very hard to wash away.  He needs to be removed. Thanks to Joe Biden for making that crystal clear.

I get that "trump" fans are freaking out now. A real contender is now running and his opening message is the kind of thing that can bring the wannabe dictator down. 

1 minute ago, Becker said:

Says one who wholeheartedly supports a person who lies compulsively and constantly. The reality disconnect is staggering.

Says the one with Trump and Putin riding a horse bare chested as his avatar. Your objectiveness is certainly noted. 

Trump lies, pick actual lies hes made and use those. Hes made plenty, shouldn't be hard. 

I hope your money situation improves it’s easy to see you are having problems most first world nations have health care for their citizens why not us perhaps we could roll back the corporate welfare a bit tax the 1% a bit more cut back on the military a bit and find the money to take care of Americans hell even Thailand has a healthcare safty net

I agree. The FACT is the "trump" response to Charlottesville was horrific. The FACTS are that he was pandering to his white nationalist base in his response. I can't ever accept a president like that. He's a STAIN on the presidency that will be very hard to wash away.  He needs to be removed. Thanks to Joe Biden for making that crystal clear.

Um, thats not a fact. Thats an opinion. Those are all opinions. 

Your point?

Your vote will go to people you think that can help you. You have spent every dollar made outside of the US. So please forgive me if I do not want to cure your hemorrhoids.

1 minute ago, Tug said:

I hope your money situation improves it’s easy to see you are having problems most first world nations have health care for their citizens why not us perhaps we could roll back the corporate welfare a bit tax the 1% a bit more cut back on the military a bit and find the money to take care of Americans hell even Thailand has a healthcare safty net

Well for one, even if you did all that, it wouldnt even come close to paying for healthcare. 

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

"People have different political views and opinions, but not their own facts."

LOL, the orange clown and his followers do, or have you forgotten already??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts

"Bending reality to fit your opinion and political affiliation is rather ridiculous."

I agree 100%, and that's what Trump and his followers do continuously - totally ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Well for one, even if you did all that, it wouldnt even come close to paying for healthcare. 

Yeah I know it's a lie. But I am making comments on a site the average user is probably over 60. I sam not interested in subsidizing them until they are 80.

Just now, Tug said:

How do you know?most first world nations do

We need about 32 Trillion dollars to pay for it, thats how I know. 

I would be open to supporting universal healthcare if the politicians supporting it could tell me how they plan on paying for it in a way that the math works and I don't get raped in taxation and doesn't obliterate the economy and cause another recession/depression. 

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Yeah I know it's a lie. But I am making comments on a site the average user is probably over 60. I sam not interested in subsidizing them until they are 80.

Im open to it, but to be honest after years of Obamacare and being called a liar directly to my face by Democrat politicians and the news media about how awesome it is, im also inclined for them to wholeheartedly get bent. 

We need about 32 Trillion dollars to pay for it, thats how I know. 

I would be open to supporting universal healthcare if the politicians supporting it could tell me how they plan on paying for it in a way that the math works and I don't get raped in taxation and doesn't obliterate the economy and cause another recession/depression. 

It sounds good if you are old and broke.  Otherwise it is going to be a big burden.

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Im open to it, but to be honest after years of Obamacare and being called a liar directly to my face by Democrat politicians and the news media about how awesome it is, im also inclined for them to wholeheartedly get bent. 

I am not open to it. With all the crying around here these days. The baby boomers want me to sacrifice everything I have. If you didn't take a strong retirement these days I don't want to pay for stupid mistakes. Universal healthcare is not with in our reach, Especially with the amount of people that would repatriate simply because it is available.

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

It sounds good if you are old and broke.  Otherwise it is going to be a big burden.

I have old parents and pay for their healthcare plans currently. They are citizens and have played by the rules their whole lives but never managed to get ahead. They deserve to have good healthcare and be proud. If there was a way to do this that doesnt absolutely murder everyone financially Im open to listening to it. 

Problem is, nobody will articulate it because they cant. Everyones taxes will go up astronomically, and they will not admit it. 

I have old parents and pay for their healthcare plans currently. They are citizens and have played by the rules their whole lives but never managed to get ahead. They deserve to have good healthcare and be proud. If there was a way to do this that doesnt absolutely murder everyone financially Im open to listening to it. 

Problem is, nobody will articulate it because they cant. Everyones taxes will go up astronomically, and they will not admit it. 

Well it is a program that will go broke. Lots of people have retired lately.

The problem with the expat 'community' here is they have less money today than they had yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well it is a program that will go broke. Lots of people have retired lately.

IF - and this is a very big if - universal healthcare could somehow be cheaper than the premiums and costs that you currently pay, and it this was proven factual and true, would you support it? I would. 

Problem is that it wont be, cant be. So I cant support it. 

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think his opening video said exactly what needs to be said.

All he did was blather on for 3.5 mins about Charlottesville. His basic stay-the-course rhetoric is gonna crash and burn quickly in this election cycle.

1 hour ago, Thainesss said:

Says the one with Trump and Putin riding a horse bare chested as his avatar. Your objectiveness is certainly noted. 

Trump lies, pick actual lies hes made and use those. Hes made plenty, shouldn't be hard. 

What does that even mean? Do you really want me to give you a list of "actual" lies he's made?? 

If that is the case then you don't need a reply, you need medication. 

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Very powerful opening statement video!

He's going to be hard to beat.

Who should he pick for VP?

Stacy Abrams?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good to see the Democrats choosing a young candidate, in touch and full of vitality.........................

oh dear. Another very old potential world leader.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Still, he starts as the leader of the pack in opinion polls of a Democratic field

It's sad that the most popular candidate the Dems can come up with is an old man. What happened to the party of Jack Kennedy that the best they can come up with is a touchy feely old man that is obviously out of touch with societal norms of today?

Having said that, I wish he'd run instead of HRC as he'd have been a shoo in, and we could have avoided the chaos of the past 2 years.

Archived