So we need air conditioning!

JRG23

Sorry you are correct, the parts book tells me that I  have Propeller fan x 1  or Turbo fan (direct drive ) x 1

I was confusing the electrical connectors for the direction vanes and seeing the clean cooling fins as fans about 2 metres overhead.

That the fan stays dry helps keep everything (but the filter) much cleaner.

I’ve had my Carrier 3-4 years and never had it serviced and never had any dripping water. I did have it relocated about a year ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thread.

Our Samsung up in the big bed room now has had it, wife got it repaired last month for 2000 baht when I was overseas working and now it's not working again.

It's about 9 years old now so I am not spending more money on it. Will have a look at Daiken seems to be good units according to several posters here.

We have moved into one of the other bed rooms in the mean time.

Considering a unit in the living room but the worst of the hot season seems over for this year, so I will perhaps wait as we don't normally need AC in there, the house is fairly cool (2 story with foam insulation under the roof and old style vent (spinning) heads).

I getting ready to replace an 18-year-old York unit with a new Carrier inverter. I considered Mitsu and Daikin, but went with Carrier because of price, warranty and looks.

Price: Their top-line 18,000 BTU inverter wall unit installed with all trim B23K compared to B30K+ 

Warranty: 5/10 compared to 3/5

Looks: Of course this is subjective, but I think it looks nicer.

I have two other Carrier units (one cassette and one hanging) that have both been great for the five years I've had them. 

I am also getting ready to replace my master bed room AC.

After doing some on-line searching & reading here about owners experiences I decided going for Daikin AC.

Visited the Aut Daikin store on Sukhumvit in Pattaya and a lady from the shop visited our house later same day. She came armed with a laser distance instrument and concluded that our old Samsung AC in the master bed room is too small at 18.000 BTU and strongly advised us getting a 24k BTU unit.

Since I am getting the current top model (FTKM-SV2S) it will cost app 47k baht including installation, but that model will save you some KWH compared to cheaper models.

Since the shop lady was in the house anyway, I got her to check the living room for a possible cassette unit installation next year before the hot season sets in. Our living room is app 70M2 so min a 48k BTU is needed and that unit cost app 80k baht + installation ( Cassette FCF-CV2S).

Talked to the German owner of the Daikin shop and he told me a new Cassette unit from Daikin is coming out next year so I will likely get that one. This guy been selling AC's for 20 years and are now solely selling Daikin because he thinks it's the best and can't recommend Samsung.

I rather pay more money for these AC's and get the most energy efficient units I can get. That bed room unit can even have some wi-fi added so you can sit in your favorite watering-hole and start it up via your smart phone app before you jump on a motorbike taxi home and your cold bed room is ready for you, ha-ha.  

7 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I Think I might go with a couple of these Mitsubishis....

Are they actually available in Thailand?

Is the outdoor unit inverter based? If not the efficiency may suffer if only one or two indoor units are acive.

Are they actually available in Thailand?

Is the outdoor unit inverter based? If not the efficiency may suffer if only one or two indoor units are acive.

I know some companies are offering multi-splits, I don’t know if Mitsubishi is.

Ideally, I’d like three 18 X 4 cassette, inverter, 3Ph

I might go with chilled water instead...

Now that mini-splits are becoming popular in the US, the product offerings are really taking off.

Archived