Aircon unit question (restart ;) )

MJCM

If these units came from a large store can you not take it up with them?

We discussed this with the installer a couple of times already but we are getting no where. Someone (in the previous thread) suggested the consumer protection office (or something like that) but we are not willing to go that route. We take our loss / stay under the radar.

Might think we are idiots but both my wife and myself have the same idea thus ...

On 4/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, MJCM said:

We ...... stay under the radar.

Might think we are idiots but both my wife and myself have the same idea thus ...

Makes no sense to me. Do you really think that the Men In Black are tracking complaints about air-con installers made to the consumer protection office, and that at some point they will jump out on you from behind a bush and deport you for your effrontery?

The air-con installers obviously screwed up. They are a business and you are a consumer. Therefore it is clearly a consumer protection issue. There is a free service dedicated to this sort of problem and with any luck a phone call from that office will result in the thing being put right for free. Just let them do their job.

59 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Makes no sense to me. Do you really think that the Men In Black are tracking complaints about air-con installers made to the consumer protection office, and that at some point they will jump out on you from behind a bush and deport you for your effrontery?

The air-con installers obviously screwed up. They are a business and you are a consumer. Therefore it is clearly a consumer protection issue. There is a free service dedicated to this sort of problem and with any luck a phone call from that office will result in the thing being put right for free. Just let them do their job.

What you or someone else do is up to them, but It's up to us and we decided not to go ahead with that !!

We just want Daikin to come and tell us if the Aircons are good or not, if they are Fcuked then we are buying a new aircon !!

We just want this to end and we do not want to get drawn (again) into endless discussions with the installer! This is bothering us already for well over 1 week and hopefully it ends tomorrow ????

It's your decision of course but I do find it unusual that you should voluntarily start two topics about this issue, ask for advice which you promptly rule out, and then complain that the discussion about it is endless. Still, it's not my problem so it's all fine by me.

11 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It's your decision of course but I do find it unusual that you should voluntarily start two topics about this issue, ask for advice which you promptly rule out, and then complain that the discussion about it is endless. Still, it's not my problem so it's all fine by me.

That option (of the consumer protection)  was already given in the 2nd post in the previous thread (which got deleted), I discussed that option with my wife and we both decided that we are not going to pursue that !!

So it's not that we promptly ruled it out !!

Another option what was posted for example, was that Naam posted how to SELF diagnose the unit and he posted links to the PDF's on Daikin site. Very helpful. But I didn’t do that yet as we get Daikin coming and as Naam said, maybe they just do the same thing as posted in those PDF's.

The PDF's I still have but I don't have the links unfortunately !!

23 hours ago, MJCM said:

Another option what was posted for example, was that Naam posted how to SELF diagnose the unit and he posted links to the PDF's on Daikin site. Very helpful. But I didn’t do that yet as we get Daikin coming and as Naam said, maybe they just do the same thing as posted in those PDF's.

The PDF's I still have but I don't have the links unfortunately !!

Do you mind sharing the PDF file?

Update:

Daikin is here (Finally ;) )

They removed the whole cover and there was the proof in the pudding that the original installer had switched the aircons.

Ps: Fortunately NO Damage to the Compressors

I believe what I understand is that they are not switching the aircons because they arrived very late (original planning was 12, but arrived at 17:15)

Charges are 600 THB per aircon to check plus another 1000 for Petrol as they came all the way from Korat.

So that is in total 2200 THB for piece of mind, now the hunt is on (unfortunately) for an installer who will switch the aircons (indoor units only as those were switched)

(but got 2 possible leads already)

Archived