Jomtien bus to Suvarnabhumi now B130

wpcoe

It's been B120 for quite a while now, and the extra B10 isn't a big deal (for me), but thought it was worth mentioning.  (This is the bus leaving from the FoodMart parking lot every half-hour.)

15 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

My Thai girlfriend will be furious.

Nevermind the girlfriend...I myself am staggered by this news...how outrageous...what is the world coming to...for God's sake.

I'll have to give serious consideration to cutting back on the roughly 2 times (out and back) every 4 years I use this service.

And the bus (same company) from North Pattaya to Ekkamai (and back, of course) has gone up massively, from 108 thb to 119 thb.  Still incredibly good value for a "safe" trip to Bangkok when compared to the vans.

2 hours ago, Tony M said:

And the bus (same company) from North Pattaya to Ekkamai (and back, of course) has gone up massively, from 108 thb to 119 thb.  Still incredibly good value for a "safe" trip to Bangkok when compared to the vans.

I agree...I used that service to and from Ekkami in March this year - pretty sure it was 109 Baht but that's too pedantic to be of concern. Careful driving and on time both ways despite the BKK traffic - well done! ????

What was amusing, was that the motorcycle taxi from Soi Lengkee to the Bus station was 80 Baht going (at 5AM he was bored and willing to haggle) and 100 Baht returning (3PM and there were many potential customers and I was tired)  Not a big deal, but amusing considering the relative distance.  ????

But however do they work out such an odd price? 109 or 119 Baht....why not 100 or 110 or 120? Just curious really.

By the way, I usually take a taxi from a company that has a good reputation. On the last ride, I got to the airport feeling sick. From Jomtien to half way ,he looked at his phone, then the last half drove about 60 km an hour ! I did speak to him, I did ask, only when I got a bit angry he decided to drive like a snail! Two hours of misery. Think I’ll stick to the bus. 

13 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Riding in Thai buses ... a death wish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some are - this one has a good safety record.

IMO it's more the long-distance buses that are the dangerous ones and I feel that's because one driver does the whole journey however tired he may become.

Having said that, i've done Pattaya to Loei and back several times - maybe I've been lucky?

9 hours ago, thaitero said:

The problem with smartass comments is that it makes some people hesitant to pass on info what will benefit all of us so maby some should think again..

It's not really a problem unless I buy into the juvenile comments made by the "usual suspects". I suspect much of it is fueled by drink, boredom, low self esteem and general nastyness. I wish them well...well far from me. Thank you OP for the updated price.

11 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Oh my God ,the world is ending ,2 years ago i landed at Heathrow and had to get a plane at Luton ,my lift broke down so i had to catch a bus 29 pounds ,for a journey of about 20 miles , now thats a rip off .

Oh the 'ASBO' bus for tattooed chavs. But these days Uber takes the strain and pain. From my gaff to LHR 30 squid. In a hackney cab 135 quid. Then only benefit is the tirade of hate speech is not directed at me. But not worth the 100 notes extra.

23 hours ago, thaitero said:

The problem with smartass comments is that it makes some people hesitant to pass on info what will benefit all of us so maby some should think again..

Oh come on ,a bus journey of 90 kilometres has gone up 10 baht ,who will it affect? now if it had gone up 100 baht .

Archived