Ordering items online ship to Thailand

saekret

Anyone on here ever ordered items banggood website? I am very tempted to order on there it would like be playing with fire and I am very cautious because of the mix reviews I've read. My second option would be ebay since they're more trust worthy , they're selling item cheaper, however I will be paying 200$ for shipping so the total cost  would be nearly exactly the same price on banggood and I would have to wait almost a month to receive the goods. My last question can i track the item from start to finish if its ship from USA to Thailand . 

Edited by saekret

Depends what method of shipping is used but generally yes, it can be tracked.

Cost of goods + shipping+ insurance x import duty % + vat

PLUS any processing fees added dependent on which service is used.

I always order cheap things from aliexpress with free shipping, I never tried banggood from Thailand. For bigger/more expensive things I usually try to find them on Lazada. On Lazada expect a 10 to 30% markup compared to aliexpress but delivery is usually very fast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yokat said:

I always order cheap things from aliexpress with free shipping, I never tried banggood from Thailand. For bigger/more expensive things I usually try to find them on Lazada. On Lazada expect a 10 to 30% markup compared to aliexpress but delivery is usually very fast.

Actually Lazada is Aliexpress (same owner Alibaba).  But as you note price may be very much higher for China shipments when by a drop shipment by a local seller.  But if you search believe many, if not all, are now available from Chinese sellers at the same Aliexpress price, or in some cases lower.  Seems to have changed in last few months and as said shipment is often faster for some reason.  

Thanks. I think will go for ebay instead. I pay that extra $200 shipping because I don't want to take the risk from banggood when eBay is more trusted platform. 

A lot of lazada come from China warehouses that are sold in bulks to lazada, lazada is just another platform to help  these small timer business owner who want to sell their merchandise. 

• 7 months later...

Update: The logistics partner Banggood uses that has serious problems is a Chinese company called Flyt Express.  They are absolutely unreliable and flat out lie on their tracking reports. Occasionally Banggood will ship directly with China Post, and in these instances your goods usually arrive. When they choose to use FLYT however, there is a high probability you will never receive your item.

It has been nearly 3 months and Banggood has yet to agree to refund a single item that I purchased but never arrived.  Buyer beware with these guys...

On 12/25/2019 at 10:41 PM, Monomial said:

Update: The logistics partner Banggood uses that has serious problems is a Chinese company called Flyt Express.  They are absolutely unreliable and flat out lie

a Chinese company that "flat out lies" - wash your mouth out. This isn't possible

• Haha 1

Aliexpress is my favourite company, very occasionally things don't turn up but they have to date given refunds after 60 days. Most expensive item ordered was $100, most are less than $5.

Aliexpress has a wide choice of items far more than Lazada which is usually more expensive but worth comparing the two, Lazada often adds on delivery

On 4/26/2019 at 1:06 PM, saekret said:

Thanks. I think will go for ebay instead. I pay that extra $200 shipping because I don't want to take the risk from banggood when eBay is more trusted platform. 

A lot of lazada come from China warehouses that are sold in bulks to lazada, lazada is just another platform to help  these small timer business owner who want to sell their merchandise. 

I've used Banggood to ship a $2xx drone to the U.S. I didn't have any problems and the customer service is actually good... I order from Lazada now that I am here... e-bay goods, imported from China take so long to get here, almost as long as shipping it to the U.S.... 

On 12/25/2019 at 10:41 PM, Monomial said:

Update: The logistics partner Banggood uses that has serious problems is a Chinese company called Flyt Express.  They are absolutely unreliable and flat out lie on their tracking reports. Occasionally Banggood will ship directly with China Post, and in these instances your goods usually arrive. When they choose to use FLYT however, there is a high probability you will never receive your item.

It has been nearly 3 months and Banggood has yet to agree to refund a single item that I purchased but never arrived.  Buyer beware with these guys...

You should call your bank now and REFUTE the payment. Do it before 3 months or you're window of opportunity to get your money back is gone. But you can only do this if you used a credit card. It's always wise to use your credit card when it comes to taking risk online.

since i initially posted this i been ordering a lot of items off ebay, some lazada and a few nuts add bolts off aliexpress and Amazon here and there mainly parts for my  my bike project, so far so good.  the only thing i have complain about is ebay vendors tracking are horrible and most importantly some are using yanwen logistic which can take up weeks for air mail to leave the airport country facility. 

the last order i made from Amazon and the first two was sent out by the Thai postal, but this time this was delivered from independent agencie that drove in the white van, i live out on south part of Thailand and there no ups or fedex commercial vehicles out here the only way for the package to  get is by Thai postal or another company.  does anyone know about these independent drivers how they operate? 

Edited by saekret

2 minutes ago, saekret said:

since i initially posted this i been ordering a lot of items off ebay, some lazada and a few nuts add bolts off aliexpress and Amazon here and there mainly parts for my  my bike project, so far so good.  the only thing i have complain about is ebay vendors tracking are horrible and most importantly some are using yanwen logistic which can take up weeks for air mail to leave the airport country facility. 

the last order i made from Amazon and the first two was sent out by the Thai postal, but this time this was delivered from independent agencie that drove in the white van, i live out on south part of Thailand and there no ups or fedex commercial vehicles out here the only way ot came get here by Thai postal or another company.  does anyone know about these independent drivers how they operate? 

Thai Post Office started an independent van delivery service within the last year or so and have had several items delivered by them here in Bangkok so perhaps that is what that white van was.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2020 at 1:48 PM, Rickp99 said:

Gmarket is great. From Korea. Also have Costco section  Shipping not very expensive. I have ordered things and received them in less than a week. I paint a lot less for the same items that were listed on Lazada. 

Thanks very much for that!  Never heard of Gmarket prior to your post. And it's great to know that at least some Costco products are available from them at reasonable prices and shipping rates to Thailand!

Their store name/seller name is listed as "Costoonline." And if you search products for "Costco," you'll then see various Costco products sold by other sellers. But if you look in the seller category, you'll then see "Costoonline," and can click that seller to bring up all their products.

I'm thinking there must be a way to just have a direct link to all the products there sold by "Costcoonline".  But thus far, haven't found the way to get that link.

Just fyi, I had a small, $10 value package I shipped from the U.S. around Christmas time that arrived to my BKK home today via ThaiPost. There was no tax or duty on the package as usual with small value things delivered here via ThaiPost.

So, it would seem that the government hasn't yet started their promised new regime of taxing everything being imported into Thailand, even the announced change to start taxing small packages below 1500 baht in value that have always been exempt.

One thing was a bit different through, although hard to tell whether it means anything or not. Normally in the past, those kinds of small value packages would get a hand-scrawled "4" written on them in marker, which I understand is some kind of indicator of tax exempt status.

Today's package arrived without any marker notation on it at all. But while the "4" notation has been a common feature for such packages in the past, it doesn't ALWAYS get written on the package. So no way of knowing whether today's handling was just a periodic exception, or whether it's a sign of changes to come.

I suspect I'll know the new rule has come into effect when for the first time, instead of actually receiving my small package directly at home, I instead get a note telling me to come to the regional post office to pay up some levied tax/duty amount in order to release my small, under 1500 baht package. Fortunately, that hasn't happened yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on my prior post above:

I had a couple other low-value packages arrive from the U.S. sent via airmail and then delivered by Thai post that arrived here in the past week... And they came straight to my home with no custom's duty note or charge assessed.

So at least for ThaiPost delivered packages, the under 1500 baht customs valuation exemption for small packages appears to still be in effect, at least at present.

• Like 1