Non-Imm OA renewal date while out of Thailand - what are my options?

My visa expires in June and my current permission to stay on 23 September. If I remember correctly, I have to apply for an extension of stay a month before that date. The problem is, I want to visit my mum for about 5 weeks in August, so I will not be in Thailand at that point in time.

What are my options? Applying for a new visa in Germany is not really an option. I'm thinking of doing a border run to Mae Sot (I live 180 km North of Bkk). This will give me another 12 months permission to stay and I just need a re-entry permit to travel. Is this correct?

3 Pagodas Pass would be closer than Mae Sot, but I don't know whether it is open. Can I still walk across the bridge to Myanmar, pay to get their stamp, then walk back for my new Thai entry stamp?

Thanks in advance.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, beddhist said:

Is this correct?

Yes that is correct. Just do a border hop before your visa expires and you will get a new one year entry. Then get a single (1000 baht) or multiple (3800 baht) re-entry permit at immigration to keep that entry valid.

On 4/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, beddhist said:

3 Pagodas Pass would be closer than Mae Sot, but I don't know whether it is open.

Ther Pagodas is not open. Another option is the Ban Phu Nam Ron crossing in Kanchanaburi (960 baht for transport and border pass).

Just cross the border get a border pass ($10 or 500 baht) and return. 

• Like 1