Raising the ph of well water

Litlos

Our well sourced water whilst clean has a ph of around 5.5 and I want to get it higher.  At work we use marble chips in a basket filter to raise the ph of the water from the RO plant, simple and low maintenance.  In Australia my friend uses a pellet like product  called neutrafil media added on top of a bed of carbon in filter assembly, same again simple and low maintenance.

I went to four different stores around the Pattaya area and there were four different solutions, none really simple and some damm expensive at 20,000 baht.

Anyone have any experience in something simple, low maintenance and preferably low cost to raise the ph?

Cheers

9 hours ago, Litlos said:

Anyone have any experience in something simple, low maintenance and preferably low cost to raise the ph?

sodium carbonate, Na2CO3 - any poolshop, 40kg ~850 Baht, if not for pool then dosage is a bit tricky to handle. how is the treated water used??? perhaps i can assist you.

13 hours ago, Naam said:

sodium carbonate, Na2CO3 - any poolshop, 40kg ~850 Baht, if not for pool then dosage is a bit tricky to handle. how is the treated water used??? perhaps i can assist you.

Well water is our only supply.  So basically for the household usage and perhaps to raise to raise the ph of the water for the garden as the low ph is causing some problems with plants.  My friend in Australia has a filter assembly set up in the line between his well and the storage tank, basically a granulated carbon filter and he adds some pellets on top every month or so.

I work away a month at a time so need something simple so as not to confuse the wife.

Cheers

15 hours ago, Litlos said:

Well water is our only supply.  So basically for the household usage and perhaps to raise to raise the ph of the water for the garden as the low ph is causing some problems with plants.  My friend in Australia has a filter assembly set up in the line between his well and the storage tank, basically a granulated carbon filter and he adds some pellets on top every month or so.

I work away a month at a time so need something simple so as not to confuse the wife.

Cheers

using the powdered soda ash i suggested means a more complicated setup as it dissolves very fast especially when the water is used in the bathrooms. unfortunately i can't suggest a simple solution which (i believe) could have very unpleasant results.

by the way, our well water has a constant pH of 5.1 which we use for irrigation and which all our plants and lawn like.

Archived