Is possible to add a re-entry permit on a visa-exempt entry that is extended for 60 days ?

Hello, I would like to know if it's sure, if it's possible to add a RE-ENTRY PERMIT on a visa-exempt entry which is extended for 60 days (thai child) ? of EU citizen. At Chaweng Wattana.. 

I'll enter in Thailand, & have only three days and will go to PI, but I wish to extend it for 60 days and get the re-entry permit to avoid problem when I'll be back again after a week ( I am scared they will said, you are using so many visa-exempt entries ) I'll be back to Thailand with my PI girlfriend..

The Embassy where I live need to be out of Thailand for 3 months before can ask a Tourist visa.. so I cannot apply a visa.

By the way I've some another ask : 

Do the extension of the THAI CHILD, can be problematic to exit with my thai daughter using her EU passport ?

They may said.. Ah, you extended your stay because of Thai Child, so your daughter is also Thai! we need conscent of the mother, ( despite she using her EU passport )

She of course will using her EU passport to enter/exit Thailand to avoid any problem with the Immigration (about the conscent of the mother, etc..)

The mother already give me a conscent letter which is issued 2 years ago... which she stated that my daughter can live with me in Europe.. but is old paper; and not legalized by any authorities.. and her mother cannot reach she have new life somewhere.. where I Don't know! so I'm scared to be in troubles.. when leaving Thailand with IO because my daughter is Thai citizen.. despite using her EU passport

Oh also.. what I ask the extension the next day of my arrival in Thailand ?

If I stay in the hotel it should be Ok ? what they will ask as proof of residence..

I will just stay in hotel but maybe they will don't get the TM30 as my arrival is too early ? Totally confuse

Edited by Danielsiam

Any permission to stay (optionally extended) can be protected by using a re-entry permit. There is no need to show your child's passport when applying for the extension. Simply show the birth certificate, Thai ID card and house book entry. That said, I can imagine a number of difficulties applying for the extension. One is that a visa exempt entry can generally only be extended during about the last one to two weeks before the permission to stay expires. Another is that, unless you were married to the mother, you may not be regarded as your child's legal guardian in Thai law. This is not an issue in getting a Non O visa to visit your child at most consulates (probably what you should do) but usually necessary for extensions of stay in the absence of the mother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritTim said:

Any permission to stay (optionally extended) can be protected by using a re-entry permit. ......

Can you go to an Immigration Office to apply and receive your extension of stay for another 30 days and re-entry permit at the same time?  Or you have to do them one by one in 2 occasions?

4 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

The Embassy where I live need to be out of Thailand for 3 months before can ask a Tourist visa.. so I cannot apply a visa.

That sounds like the embassy in in France.

I suggest you ask them about getting a single entry non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai. That should not fall under the 90 day restriction on tourist visas. You would need your child's birth certificate, plust a copy of their house book registry to do the application.

Dependent where you apply for the 60 day extension they may want not do it until you only have about 2 weeks remaining on your visa exempt entry. Some office may do it earlier. If they do the 60 day extension you could apply for a single re-entry permit as soon as it is done.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, post said:

Can you go to an Immigration Office to apply and receive your extension of stay for another 30 days and re-entry permit at the same time?  Or you have to do them one by one in 2 occasions?

A re-entry permit can be applied for as soon as the extension stamp is done.

Immigration might ask why you would want a re-entry permit for a 30 day extension of a visa exempt entry since you could do another entry to get a new visa exempt entry.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
7 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

That sounds like the embassy in in France.

I suggest you ask them about getting a single entry non-o visa for being the parent of a Thai. That should not fall under the 90 day restriction on tourist visas. You would need your child's birth certificate, plust a copy of their house book registry to do the application.

Dependent where you apply for the 60 day extension they may want not do it until you only have about 2 weeks remaining on your visa exempt entry. Some office may do it earlier. If they do the 60 day extension you could apply for a single re-entry permit as soon as it is done.

Applying for the non-o visa at home country is a way better solution as the 60 day extension to visit child in Thailand requires the same documents and both the child and the mother present when applying at immigration office (or the legal guardian if the mother is not that).

7 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Applying for the non-o visa at home country is a way better solution as the 60 day extension to visit child in Thailand requires the same documents and both the child and the mother present when applying at immigration office (or the legal guardian if the mother is not that).

At most office only the child needs to be present to do the application. There is no requirement for the mother to be present.

Perhaps you have dealt with an office that has some strange requirements for everything.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
13 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

At most office only the child needs to be present to do the application. There is no requirement for the mother to be present.

Perhaps you have dealt with an office that has some strange requirements for everything.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was only assuming that when the child lives with the thai mother and is too young to travel alone it is the only way to get them both at immigration and that it is actually required. So it is enough that the kid gets the mothers ID copied and signed and brings those to the application?

8 hours ago, zhangxifu said:

So it is enough that the kid gets the mothers ID copied and signed and brings those to the application?

That is not even needed at most offices.

All that is needed is their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry and the child be present when the application is done.

It is only a 60 day extension so immigration does not make big deal out it.

Here what is shown on the immigration website: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

For a child that is not old enough to have a ID card it is not required and many offices would not ask for a copy anyway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not even needed at most offices.

All that is needed is their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry and the child be present when the application is done.

It is only a 60 day extension so immigration does not make big deal out it.

Here what is shown on the immigration website: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

For a child that is not old enough to have a ID card it is not required and many offices would not ask for a copy anyway.

Would that mean copy of the BC and a copy of the child's house book (even it's in another province)? No need for the original BC and there is no need for the mother to sign anything?

Re your other query (bringing the child with you to Europe):

1. I am not sure she can exit on EU passport unless she had entered the country on it, usually would exit Thailand on Thai passport and then enter EU on EU passport but Ubon Joe can advise best on this.  If she DID enter Thailand on the EU passport then fine, can leave on it too but sounds like maybe not the case.

2. You do need a letter from the mother and it would be best if it were recent. Should include the mother's telephone number as the Imm officers might want to call to confirm the information.  I gather you do not have this, in which case you may have to proceed with just the old letter but be prepared for possible problems and questioning. These will not be because of your grounds for extension but just because you are a father traveling alone with a child, and a Thai child at that. These are measures in place to combat human trafficking and parental abduction.  And, of course, have with you all paperwork needed to show paternity (birth certificate etc).

Worst case scenario you may have to go to family court to get sole custody before you can bring the child out with you, if you are stopped and they are not satisfied with a 2 year old letter and no way to verify it by contacting the mother by phone.  If the mother has in essence abandoned the child, and you have proof of paternity and ability to support the child,  you will be able to get a custody order but of course it will take some time to arrange.

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Re your other query (bringing the child with you to Europe):

1. I am not sure she can exit on EU passport unless she had entered the country on it, usually would exit Thailand on Thai passport and then enter EU on EU passport but Ubon Joe can advise best on this.  If she DID enter Thailand on the EU passport then fine, can leave on it too but sounds like maybe not the case.

2. You do need a letter from the mother and it would be best if it were recent. Should include the mother's telephone number as the Imm officers might want to call to confirm the information.  I gather you do not have this, in which case you may have to proceed with just the old letter but be prepared for possible problems and questioning. These will not be because of your grounds for extension but just because you are a father traveling alone with a child, and a Thai child at that. These are measures in place to combat human trafficking and parental abduction.  And, of course, have with you all paperwork needed to show paternity (birth certificate etc).

Worst case scenario you may have to go to family court to get sole custody before you can bring the child out with you, if you are stopped and they are not satisfied with a 2 year old letter and no way to verify it by contacting the mother by phone.  If the mother has in essence abandoned the child, and you have proof of paternity and ability to support the child,  you will be able to get a custody order but of course it will take some time to arrange.

It is very possible that he has no access to original birth certificate as there is only one available and difficult mothers are known to hold it.

33 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

Would that mean copy of the BC and a copy of the child's house book (even it's in another province)? No need for the original BC and there is no need for the mother to sign anything?

They normally do not ask to see the original birth certificate.

There is no requirement for the house book to be for the province where applying  for any extension application that requires one. 

Only proof of residence for the province where the application is done is needed for the parent to apply for the extension.

The mother does not have to sign anything. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

It is very possible that he has no access to original birth certificate as there is only one available and difficult mothers are known to hold it.

It is possible to have a copy of a birth certificate certified by an Amphoe. The will check their records to confirm it is real and stamp it as a certified copy.

Even not having a copy of the house book registry is not a problem. The father can go to a Amphoe and request a printout of the child's registry that will be accepted.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, zhangxifu said:

As the child has an EU passport he will have had to register it with his Embassy.  If he cannot get even a copy of the birth certificate perhaps he can get an Embassy letter or copy of whatever papers eh submitted to his Embassy.

• Like 1