Small Caveat About Terminal 21 Food Court Cash Card System

Jingthing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

go back and set up a sting every day for a week and keep receipts

Um. No.

All I'm going to do is to probably cash in my cards same day. I doubt I'll have the same problem again regardless but it still was an odd experience. 

On that note I did have another odd experience there some weeks ago. Cashing in my card later at night the clerk did not have the full amount of change to do a full refund. She expected to me to take less than (where she could have just given me a 20 note).  You would think at such a high profile volume place that they wouldn't have such primitive problems. 

3 minutes ago, Caldera said:

They probably made a mistake, tried to correct it, failed and didn't own up to it. Anything else is far less likely, and it would also explain their weird behavior.

I totally agree that is most likely what happened. It also probably had nothing to do with the card not being same day. I'm not going to hold a grudge. Their dish is too good for that, and no I'm not going to say which stall because that might be seen as naming and shaming, and even if that was OK to do, I wouldn't want to in this case. OK, I might feel differently if I had lost a 1000 baht but I didn't.

I think I saw that the T21 at Asoke has unlimited validity signs up for their cards. Anyway, I do know that all food courts vary - BigC is definitely one month - and so as a matter of course I always cash in my card before leaving and I never leave with a card.

That said, the T21 cards are addressable and so the cash desk can surely see all transactions that have been made on any individual card if they want to. The trick will be convincing them that they want to.

Once you have handed the card back that possibility is gone, of course.

54 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I think I saw that the T21 at Asoke has unlimited validity signs up for their cards. Anyway, I do know that all food courts vary - BigC is definitely one month - and so as a matter of course I always cash in my card before leaving and I never leave with a card.

That said, the T21 cards are addressable and so the cash desk can surely see all transactions that have been made on any individual card if they want to. The trick will be convincing them that they want to.

Once you have handed the card back that possibility is gone, of course.

My understanding of the T21 policy is that the card can be used for 30 days but even after that you can still cash it out but can't purchase with it. An entirely reasonable policy for sure as long as the system actually works.

My understanding of the T21 policy is that the card can be used for 30 days but even after that you can still cash it out but can't purchase with it. An entirely reasonable policy for sure as long as the system actually works.

Where did you read the T21 policy, do you have a copy?

Sounds like great reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

16 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Where did you read the T21 policy, do you have a copy?

Sounds like great reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It's in small print on the card but as I said before I don't have a current card in my possession so I can't fully confirm their policy. Maybe some reading this has a card on them and can. Cheers, amigo!

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's sounds more like puppy love. You know when boys like someone in grade school and they are mean to them but that's really a sign that they have a crush. Don't feel ashamed. It's natural. 

The purpose? Sorry, I assumed that you understood English. The purpose is to discuss the cash card system at T21 mall food court and how an odd incident that I experienced may or may not tell us something we didn't know before about their system. Small ball? You betcha. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Don't over think it, amigo!

But you have no explaination for the "odd incident"....so you're disussing nothing.

I think everyone that's been here for some time understands how the food courts work, go to desk / pay money / get card with credit / eat plastic cold food / go back to desk get any outstanding balance / go home ( on baht bus with exact change - perhaps starting a topic or 6 on the way ).

But you have no explaination for the "odd incident"....so you're disussing nothing.

I think everyone that's been here for some time understands how the food courts work, go to desk / pay money / get card with credit / eat plastic cold food / go back to desk get any outstanding balance / go home ( on baht bus with exact change - perhaps starting a topic or 6 on the way ).

Not nothing. A mysterious incident that is destined to always remain a mystery. Why was 10 baht taken on a supposed 13 baht card? It's one for the ages. Feel the romance. It's throbbing.

Again, mi amigo, you obsessively post on this topic claiming its about nothing but yet you keep posting on it. What's a guy to think?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

BS...a food court card expiring in 24 hours is a way to legally scamming the public...does not make it right just because they have been scamming the public for long time.. 

24hours expiry make the day’s taking reconciliation much easier as there are many stores in a food court. 

Archived