Small Caveat About Terminal 21 Food Court Cash Card System

Jingthing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Yes, me too...found out the hard way that those food court cards have an expiration date...another scam in my opinion...

I usually just cash up on my out. They are actually an anti scam system to prevent cash losses at POS. But whatever their merits or otherwise any glitches would probably be nationwide. I've been using them since 1990 starting  with MBK in BKK. A great system. The gateway to a cashless society but without the Orwellian overtones.

someone go take a photo of a T21 card showing the expiry date, and if there's signage about expiry at the card counter, a pic of that as well and post it here... pleeease :wai:
There is no expiry date printed on the card. Just a policy. My card was not expired. I've used older cards several times with no problem.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

surprise surprise, that should hopefully get you another 1248340316 posts out of this thread - well done.

You love it!

Anyway the question about month sparked a clue in my head.

I ordered the item close to closing time for the food court which is about 10 pm.

Probably a bit before then but not by much.

So here is a real theory!

Suppose they didn't expect any more customers that night and closed out the machine somehow if that's a thing they do as if I would know I wouldn't.

So then I come and they try to revive the machine. But an error is made. Could that be related to the great 10 baht charge on a supposed 13 baht card?!?

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's not that confusing. Either the card had 65 baht on it or it had 13 baht on it. The probability of the evidence says 65 baht

Maybe the price difference was cooked for you 65 or cook it yourself...13 Cash out the card first time around then no worries 

20 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Most are 24 hours.

Not a scam, just your lack of knowledge..

Most? Food courts? Nope.

Every single food court I've been to in Thailand has had a 30 day expiration on the cards. I've used about 20 of them: CM, BKK, Patong, Pattaya...

15 minutes ago, pontious said:

75 posts about a completely worthless matter. The mind  boggles.

If all it took was this lil thread to blow your mind, we recommend some deep breathing before moving on to the rest of the forum...????

Coming to the conversation with something of value is always appreciated btw.

My first trip to Thailand, I spent more at food courts than groceries and restaurants combined.

A significant chunk of the budget and def a worthwhile topic.

The cards are cheap and damage easily, your phone can demagnetize them, I was cautioned. I noticed locals "cashing out" after eating and try to make it a habit to do so. Sometimes I leave a low card on the table hoping it will be perceived as a bonus by whoever is constantly cleaning up after me...

On 4/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, kkerry said:

someone go take a photo of a T21 card showing the expiry date, and if there's signage about expiry at the card counter, a pic of that as well and post it here... pleeease :wai:

Wait a minute...

If all it took was this lil thread to blow your mind, we recommend some deep breathing before moving on to the rest of the forum...[emoji85]

Coming to the conversation with something of value is always appreciated btw.

My first trip to Thailand, I spent more at food courts than groceries and restaurants combined.
A significant chunk of the budget and def a worthwhile topic.

The cards are cheap and damage easily, your phone can demagnetize them, I was cautioned. I noticed locals "cashing out" after eating and try to make it a habit to do so. Sometimes I leave a low card on the table hoping it will be perceived as a bonus by whoever is constantly cleaning up after me...
I had thought about that before as well. Could it just be that the card was damaged? Call in Inspector Cassoulet.

10 minutes ago, donim said:
On 4/26/2019 at 9:42 PM, kkerry said:

Wait a minute...

[10 minutes later]

Have looked in my mancave, but to no avail.

I did have two of these cards, from T21 Asok.

It's either binned, unthinkable with me, but 

surely somewhere.

What I do remember, it has a validity period of 30 days,

after the last usage OR re-topup.

My story is, I went to T21, have a diner, a chat chat.

The card-counter closed, they are leaving BEFORE the last

foodstall close.

Comeback next day was the message,

the computer has all shutdowned already.

T21 is hours away from my home,

and the next visit is just 6 months later.

Rgds,

On 4/26/2019 at 6:41 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Yes, me too...found out the hard way that those food court cards have an expiration date...another scam in my opinion...

If there is no activity on the terminal 21 card it expires in 30 days. As long as you use it regularly it never expires. I have been using the same card for a year now.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Is that a Pattaya T21 card? I don't recall the Pattaya card looking like that.

It is not, it is a sign at the cashier booth.

I haven't found my expired cards, but they were one from the original T21 at Asok

Bangkok and the other from Korat or Pattaya.

The one blue white stripe with an helm and another is more plain yellowish.

If I did found them, I could snap the information from the back side to compare.

16 hours ago, donim said:

[10 minutes later]

Have looked in my mancave, but to no avail.

I did have two of these cards, from T21 Asok.

It's either binned, unthinkable with me, but 

surely somewhere.

What I do remember, it has a validity period of 30 days,

after the last usage OR re-topup.

My story is, I went to T21, have a diner, a chat chat.

The card-counter closed, they are leaving BEFORE the last

foodstall close.

Comeback next day was the message,

the computer has all shutdowned already.

T21 is hours away from my home,

and the next visit is just 6 months later.

Rgds,

you was well robbed , innit....

Archived