Small Caveat About Terminal 21 Food Court Cash Card System

Jingthing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

you was well robbed , innit....

No. I Had delicious meals and drinks in a air cooled place.

Perhaps a bathbus ride left on the cards, a pity, but with that

what was spend, barely could buy a icecream in the west.

4 minutes ago, donim said:

No. I Had delicious meals and drinks in a air cooled place.

Perhaps a bathbus ride left on the cards, a pity, but with that

what was spend, barely could buy a icecream in the west.

But seriously folks the couple of times we have been to the food court at T21 it just seemed lacklustre compared to Central Festival so in consequence we never bothered. And if you are looking for a nice diversion nearby coffee and cakes in the Dusit Thani Reception are well worth the few extra baht for the ambience and wonderful smiling service. 

It would be great if they had a machine where you could put in the card or tap it (assuming its using NFC) and it can tell you how much is on it rather than queuing at the cashier desk.

Personally, I never know how much I have on the card and have to queue each time to check before I purchase...

It would be great if they had a machine where you could put in the card or tap it (assuming its using NFC) and it can tell you how much is on it rather than queuing at the cashier desk.

Personally, I never know how much I have on the card and have to queue each time to check before I purchase...

Maybe there is one.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Maybe there is one.

It is. You can check your balance. I used to do that before buying food to avoid embrassment at checkout.

And you can ask it at any foodstall, they zip the card trough the reader and you can see the credits.

Last bill shows credits too, did you found yours ? That one that says 13 baht? ????

It is. You can check your balance. I used to do that before buying food to avoid embrassment at checkout.

And you can ask it at any foodstall, they zip the card trough the reader and you can see the credits.

Last bill shows credits too, did you found yours ? That one that says 13 baht? ????
I know you can ask a clerk to check.
Where exactly is the self swipe machine to check it yourself?
No I have not found a 13 baht receipt.

I would complain to the head office. Show them the receipt and if its really 30 days you have a solid case.

As a foreigner they might even take your complaint seriously. Could be a computer problem.

Sent from my SM-J610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not for that amount of money!

I've assumed that the food courts with cards are 30 days and the ones with paper chits are same calendar day.   In the past when cards were more rare many food courts used the same-day paper chits.  Now most food courts I go to now use cards.  Main exception being the Magic Food Court at Suvarnabhumi on the ground level where they still use same-day paper chits.

We never ever leave a food court without cashing out as we know this is what happens.  We're quite big spenders and usually top up 250 baht each on two cards but never manage to spend more than about 60 baht each.  If I'm feeling extravagant then I might add an egg to my stir fried chicken with basil then it'll be 70 baht. 

We love to see the cashiers face when we cash out and feel smug knowing that we won't be had over.

It seems as if I lost about 65 baht. Must adjust budget. What shall I cut?  

Try walking back to your abode without splashing out 10 baht on the baht bus !!
A week from now you will be in profit, healthier and generally have a good sense of achievement . [emoji51]

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Try walking back to your abode without splashing out 10 baht on the baht bus !!
A week from now you will be in profit, healthier and generally have a good sense of achievement . [emoji51]

That's unreasonably far from Jomtien.

I think I can reuse coffee grounds three times for a year and that should cover the 65 baht loss.

7 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

We love to see the cashiers face when we cash out and feel smug knowing that we won't be had over.

Do you honestly think the cashier gives a rats whether or not you cash out?

This is what delusion looks like...

9 hours ago, Happystance said:

Do you honestly think the cashier gives a rats whether or not you cash out?

This is what delusion looks like...

This is what an abject lack of sense of humour looks like.  ????

On 4/26/2019 at 5:11 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Yes, me too...found out the hard way that those food court cards have an expiration date...another scam in my opinion...

Really? Having an expiration date on such a card is a scam?

Archived