Defiant Thanathorn returns, to submit defence with EC next week

webfact

Defiant Thanathorn returns, to submit defence with EC next week

Thanathorn.jpg

Firebrand leader of Future Forward Party Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit expressed confidence tonight that he would not be penalized by the Election Commission in connection with the allegation that he breached the Constitution and the election by holding shares in a media firm while registering for the March-24 election.

Speaking to reporters at Suvarnabhumi airport, Thanathorn said he will submit his defence with the commission on April 29 and insisted on his innocence.

Thanathorn was greeted by an army of supporters upon his return from a week-long trip to Europe during which the Election Commission announced it had pressed charge against the 41-year-old politician for his alleged holding of shares in V Luck Media Co Ltd.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/defiant-thanathorn-returns-to-submit-defence-with-ec-next-week/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-04-26

I have heard that a friend of a friend of a friend was arrested for drug possession...thereby implicating Thanathorn by association...he has yet to be charged...officials are waiting to first see if anything else can disqualify him before filing formal charges...????

Channel 7 just showed a clip of his supporters welcoming him back at the airport. I couldn't help thinking that I'd never seen those currently in power ever get a welcome like that.

Different political agenda, but clearly capable of becoming as much a nuisance to the Thai elite as Tommy Robinson is proving to the UK establishment.

Tenacious Tommy - a villain to some and a working class hero to millions - has bounced back from a jail sentence and another imminent court appearance by announcing he'll fight for a seat in the upcoming EU parliamentary elections.

For Thanathorn's sake, one can only hope he's as tough and persistent as the much-maligned lad from Luton.

Why do they keep calling him a 'firebrand'? This silly appellation is totally inappropriate. If one watches Thanathorn in interviews or on public platforms, he is not a demagogic rabble rouser, spitting fire, flames and hellfire. No. He is sensible, reasonable, passionate - yes - and above all TRUTHFUL.

That does not make him some hothead 'firebrand'.

These reporters really should choose their terms a little more judiciously (and without such evident negative bias!). 

22 minutes ago, Whip said:

This guy is a billionaire- I wonder about his background

What is there to wonder, ain't nobody squeaky clean in that club.

Maybe, He believes he can do something positive for the country, it's people and make a little on the side as well, without the wholesale theft of public money.

4 hours ago, Eligius said:

Why do they keep calling him a 'firebrand'? This silly appellation is totally inappropriate. If one watches Thanathorn in interviews or on public platforms, he is not a demagogic rabble rouser, spitting fire, flames and hellfire. No. He is sensible, reasonable, passionate - yes - and above all TRUTHFUL.

That does not make him some hothead 'firebrand'.

These reporters really should choose their terms a little more judiciously (and without such evident negative bias!). 

Yes..but they must represent him thusly-hence a threat to public order.

Apart from one sea dwelling the size of a dog kennel Thailand's external enemies are few and far between.The hunt for internal enemies must continue.

Thanathorn an intelligent, successful international businessman along with being busy raising a family must really love Thailand and want the best for it. If I had his millions and was always being tormented by the junta government, I’d say it wasn’t worth the headache. ????????????

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I have heard that a friend of a friend of a friend was arrested for drug possession...thereby implicating Thanathorn by association...he has yet to be charged...officials are waiting to first see if anything else can disqualify him before filing formal charges...????

He was at Suvarnabhumi airport. It is highly likely that at some point he exposed his penis and was found to be urinating in a so called 'Men's toilet'.

But some seek to defend this pervert? Thank God there are those who are prepared to file charges against these monsters...

Archived