BANGKOK 25 May 2019 19:55
webfact

U.S. judge blocks Trump's cutoff of family planning subsidies: plaintiffs

7 hours ago, simple1 said:

Also trump Admin watered down UN legislation against sexual violence in War in support of Christian evangelists objection to abortion. The Administration should hang it's head in shame, but No, continues on it's path of undermining international Rule of Law in its self absorption for domestic political gain from its base.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/04/24/un-wanted-end-sexual-violence-war-then-trump-administration-had-objections/?utm_term=.5396b4e468c5

Trying to save the lives of unborn children is NOT for "domestic gain", it's called fighting barbarism.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Planned Parenthood, an organization that provides abortions and other health services for women under Title X.

It does not provide abortions under Title X.

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The funding is already prohibited from being used for abortions

• Thanks 1

How can one judge in one state block a federal mandate?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, otherstuff1957 said:

This is a Federal Judge, not a local one. 

The Administration can, and probably will, appeal, which means that it will go up to the next level, which I think would be the Circuit court or maybe an Appeals court.  If they keep fighting this decision, it could go up to the Supreme Court.

If the Administration's lawyers think that they won't win, they may just drop it as they have already made a show for their voting base.

I think that is probably the most likely outcome of this, but with Trump we are in uncharted water!

• Like 1

I have no problem with abortion per the Roe V. Wade ruling. I am starting to question whether the advocacy of "very" late term abortion or after birth infanticide is something that should be taking place. Late term is generally considered about 24 weeks (6 months). I'm not really clear on what people on the left are advocating at this point. Lots of confusion over this. If a women can't make up her mind in 24 weeks they have a serious problem. However, I am not so sure that the taxpayers should be funding anything but birth control. I'm all for government funded birth control but think it is a bit odd to see the taxpayers being forced to fund abortion which may be against their beliefs. Personally I think Planned Parenthood is a racket taking millions from the government and in business basically to make those that run it quite wealthy.  Like so many contracted "social services" that local, state, and federal government fund, little money is spent on the services and lots of money spent on those that run the organizations.  It is like everything else the government involves itself in, it is never well run and never goes as intended. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1