Yabaa

nausea

Always wondered what the attraction was, as it seems ubiquitous here. Now I've found out, so I thought I'd share:

"You become more sociable… You enjoy music, cigarettes and sex more. In Bangladesh there's a very unhealthy association between yaba and sex - you're awake longer, you've got more energy, you feel more confident. If you stop using yaba, there are no withdrawal symptoms, it's not like alcohol or heroin. But it's the effects of yaba that are really addictive. It's a very, very dangerous drug."

As for me, I'll stick to cigarettes, and whiskey, and wild, wild, women - old stick-in-the-mud, me. Still, interesting I thought, worth sharing.

Maybe you should have quoted the link to your quote...

https://www.bbc.com/news/stories-48041414

20 hours ago, nausea said:

"You become more sociable… You enjoy music, cigarettes and sex more. In Bangladesh there's a very unhealthy association between yaba and sex - you're awake longer, you've got more energy, you feel more confident. If you stop using yaba, there are no withdrawal symptoms, it's not like alcohol or heroin. But it's the effects of yaba that are really addictive. It's a very, very dangerous drug."

22 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Good you lived to tell your story...you many not be so fortunate next time...don't be stupid...you already have enough bad habits to shorten your life expectancy...☠

What age are you going to live too....?

And why did Thailand get the title of " Land of Smiles" all those years ago ?

Here an extract from Wiki;

"Ya ba tablets were formerly sold at gas stations and were commonly used by long-haul drivers to stay awake. After many horrific long-distance bus accidents, they were outlawed by the Thai government in 1970"

However to digress from the subject matter slightly it is of note that the reason it was outlawed was due to the horrific bus accidents.   That must have been before the buses had brakes that failed ????

Archived