Problems With Dog. Please Help.

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2019 at 9:19 AM, possum1931 said:

1 The blood is bright red. 2 very slowly. 3 If there was any cuts I would think the vet would have told us, so I would say no. 4 She was given tablets, but I do not know, my wife takes care of it. 5 Has good appetite, and drank a lot of water, does not appear to be in any distress.

its key, especially if your dogs are kept outside, to have meds for fleas, ticks and heartworm--that usually requires 2 meds per month--there are a vareity of them that work well--all those meds are basically a pesticide, and have new label warnings in the US because so many dogs were having bad side effects or even diing from the meds--its a balance to put enough "poison" in the dog's bloodstream, so that it kills the fleas and ticks and heartworm eggs (left by mosquito bites), and not hurt the dog.  however, if dogs stay outside in thailand, they really must have something,

I now use, at the advice of my vet--and i researched it online, Nextguard Spectra, it is one of the few that protects against all three--fleas, ticks and heartworm--most other meds protect against either fleas and ticks, or just heartworm.  It is not cheap, but has worked well for my three dogs.

Archived