How to type Thai symbols in google translate?

skraach

I really like using google translate for typing Thai script using an English keyboard. However, I can't work out how to get other symbols such as " ๆ " (ไม้ยมก mai ya-mok) like in " บ่อยๆ " and " ฯ " (ไปยาลน้อย pai-yan noi) like in " กรุงเทพฯ ". Has anyone worked out a shortcut to type these symbols using an English keyboard?

And there is also handwriting option in google translate. With your mouse/trackpad draw the letter, it doesn't need to be preciese and you will then given a few options that you can click.

So there's no way to type these symbols without changing the input method? That's a pity. The problem would be solved if the symbols were included in the predictive text list. For example, for "boiboi" it should list "บ่อยๆ" instead of "บ่อยบ่อย" because that's the way it is normally written. I'll send a request to Google.

image.png.947e5d6d90878cd42cfda8616faad46f.png

First write the one word 'boi' , then change the input to pen (at the green arrow) and draw something that looks like a 7, pick it , then you can get the writing that you want.

I tried and succeed.

boiboi.jpg.6282c0e356f6997736142995c939cb45.jpg

1 hour ago, skraach said:

I'll send a request to Google.

A fair point, and not impossible. They could add the algorithm when using two the same words seperated with a space to have the second word and space replaced with an payannoi symbol.

They use payanoi in the reverse translation, when you enter children it is translated as 'dek7'   (in thai script, forum rules.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 12:58 PM, donim said:

boiboi.jpg.6282c0e356f6997736142995c939cb45.jpg

This week the language input selector (indicated by green arrow above) is missing from Google translate? Has anyone else noticed this and/or know the reason why?

ss1.png.6254dcbf35dd864df6813209cedfb11c.png

On 5/21/2019 at 10:46 AM, skraach said:

This week the language input selector (indicated by green arrow above) is missing from Google translate? Has anyone else noticed this and/or know the reason why?

ss1.png.6254dcbf35dd864df6813209cedfb11c.png

Today the input selector is back.

Archived