US man and wife commit suicide with gas canister in Chiang Mai hotel

webfact

Nearing the end of a long life can be difficult enough, compounded with an illness etc can be enough for some to call it a day... go abroad, visit somewhere you've been before, got fond memories & say goodbye...

R.I.P

How selfish. The poor maid has to live with this all her life.

Why can't people just jump off a cliff or feed themselves to sharks?

Came to Thailand so their own family would not have to deal with the mess.

Bullshit, sorry.

Another typical suicidal farang. I wonder why these Western guys think dying in this country will make their souls stay here forever with no Visa or Immigration worries. If that's true then they are wrong. Big Joke's soul will haunt them in afterlife too.

1 hour ago, Bipolar said:

RIP to the two. Really sad........but on the other note: Well at least the So Called "Cheap"  Chinese Tourists or expats, Indian Groups etc,  do not jump from buildings or commit suicide in their rooms etc or get drunk and walk around in the early morning hours alone waiting to get mugged or raped. Guess maybe thats why better to have more Asian tourists than the so called "Rich, Money Spending Farangs".

Just to set the record straight, the Chinese will never commit suicide outside their own country because of their belief that their spirit would not be able to return home since they are unable to travel across water ( only ships in olden days no airplanes) and also they are afraid of being reincarnated into the wrong country other than their own country .

Terrified guest to hotel manager: this room is haunted.! I smell gas. Obnoxious gas! And this hotel is definitely situated near Tha Phae gate.

hotel manager: I took offense of your insinuations , sir! You called me up to your room to smell gas. I would have you know that no doubt there is a smell but I think it comes from your dinner of spicy tom yam Kung . ????

They went peacefully and I give them my sincere final respects.

Suicide, done peacefully and painlessly, isn't a bad thing.

(No, I am not interested in doing that, ????, but it is a viable option for those who choose to be "done with it".)

I always thought Dr. Kevorkian had the right idea.

Also, they did their part for the ultimate global objective:

FB_IMG_1550565321892.jpg

On 4/26/2019 at 4:17 PM, 55Jay said:
On 4/26/2019 at 4:02 PM, howbri said:

No one has mentioned the consequences of killing yourself. A seat at Satan's table is awaiting them.

If he was terminally ill, then I would rather wind up there ^ than with the creep who "designed" the illness in the first place.  To add insult to injury, the creepy designer had the power to intervene with a miracle, but didn't.   

life always ends in death. Few of us will get to choose how we depart this experience. These people made a choice and took action to leave. Is that good or bad? Who am I to judge? But, why would you curse the Gods/God/The Giver of life/etc for this? The same incredible source that, gave life, and as you've said, "designed the illness" this unknown entity has also,  provided some with a limited intelligence to accept that this experience is temporary. The idea that someone would rather choose to be with the construct that is Satan because of death, than to be with their creator for giving them life is a response fit for a child.  

On 4/26/2019 at 9:02 AM, howbri said:

No one has mentioned the consequences of killing yourself. A seat at Satan's table is awaiting them.

I wouldn't be too worried about Good 'ol chap Satan if i were you, I actually heard he is quite a nice guy. The real evil scum of the earth you should be worried about is all flash and blood, might even be your smiling next door neighbor..

RIP to the old couple, hope they found peace.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:36 AM, Bipolar said:

RIP to the two. Really sad........but on the other note: Well at least the So Called "Cheap"  Chinese Tourists or expats, Indian Groups etc,  do not jump from buildings or commit suicide in their rooms etc or get drunk and walk around in the early morning hours alone waiting to get mugged or raped. Guess maybe thats why better to have more Asian tourists than the so called "Rich, Money Spending Farangs".

Its nice to know the locals have some Empathy for us foreigners here..

I mean why would one want to invest in the safety of its guests.. Its all just about grabbing our money right? Ahh, you forgot 'killed' as well, I think it was raped & killed.. ????

P.S - If you search for suicides+thailand you will find enough unfortunate suicides of Asians here as well.

I’m at that age and mentality that if my younger wife were to come to undue harm or whatever then I might decide to check out of this life.

Twenty years ago would be another story, but now I’m settled and happy after a tumultuous life then I reckon that would be me.

My life and my decision.

I'm sad to say that if it was that easy to buy a canister of toxic gas in the UK, there have been a couple of times in my life when I could well have done the same. Having a crap job, no money, mental/physical illness and an abusive partner can make you feel trapped and desperate.

I hope these two have found the peace that they were looking for.

Suicide is no joke and I hope any posts making light of it are deleted.

I read that suicide of old people are most common. if the people was an old medical doctor or a nurce. because they know when health is not going to get any better and it can only end in one way .

Archived