Pattaya: Lady of the Night steals Indian businessman's expensive gold necklace

webfact

Pattaya: Lady of the Night steals Indian businessman's expensive gold necklace

3pm.jpg

Picture: The Pattaya News

An Indian businessman told the Pattaya police last night that while he was walking on Naklua Soi 29/1 a woman with long hair came up to him offering sex. 

He said that he refused her advances and that after this meeting she left on a motorbike. 

However, on checking his personal belongings he was shocked to discover that his gold necklace worth 98,000 rupees (or 48,000 baht) was missing. 

He was sure it must have been that woman that accosted him. 

Ashish Bajpai, 37, went immediately to report the matter to Pol Capt Chanan Katebua and a patrol was dispatched to the area but nothing could be found. 

Investigators are studying CCTV in the area and the possible escape route of the thief to try and get a lead in the case. 

Police are looking for a Thai woman with long hair who rides a motorcycle. 

Source: The Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-04-26

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me translate . He was negotiating down to 300-500 baht while she was hanging on his neck. 

Unless pf course it was a miracle and she managed to remove his chain without even touching him as he refused her offer of service 

Sniff sniff!  Smells like early morning in the corral.  Or maybe brother Ashish here has some sacred cow waste product on his shoe from back home.  Or it's his story that just plain stinks.

What is he doing walking around at night in a foreign country wearing an expensive necklace?  Got travel insurance?  I've seen vacationers try to pull this before.  One punter in San Jose, Costa RIca told me he got mugged by a bunch of ladyboys and robbed him of $3,000 in jewelry. 

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Let me translate . He was negotiating down to 300-500 baht while she was hanging on his neck. 

Unless pf course it was a miracle and she managed to remove his chain without even touching him as he refused her offer of service 

Let me re-translate for you.

Yet another Indian making a false insurance claim to fund his holiday in Thailand.

Does the video show "lady of night on motorbike"? Any evidence whatsoever that the woman ever existed?

False insurance claims are a daily occurrence, in Pattaya, by Indians. part of Indian culture.

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Let me re-translate for you.

Yet another Indian making a false insurance claim to fund his holiday in Thailand.

Does the video show "lady of night on motorbike"? Any evidence whatsoever that the woman ever existed?

False insurance claims are a daily occurrence, in Pattaya, by Indians. part of Indian culture.

This would be the first Indian to have insurance ????

19 minutes ago, BestB said:

This would be the first Indian to have insurance ????

So wrong. many take out insurance with the specific aim of making a false claim, once they are here.

British holidaymakers in Spain were legendary for it until British insurance companies clamped down hard on the practice.

27 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Plenty do.

A false racist comment.

And another.

So Pattaya hookers don’t speak to Indian people, Indian people couldn’t possibly own any gold (because they are black) and only take out insurance if they are going to defraud the company (because they are black.)

Very derogatory comments.

i am tipping this Indian tourist had his gold chain nicked by a prostitute. A fairly common occurrence in Pattaya. But simply because he is an Indian you can’t accept this. For no other reason apart from that you read Indian.

Let me guess. You three are British?

Try researching the amount of times Indians in Thailand claim to be robbed, and always seem to have expensive gold chains, watches or large amounts of cash.

Indians do have a love for gold. And seemingly a love for Thai hookers, male, female and third gender. As do other nationalities who also get robbed occasionally.

But there seems rather a lot of gold chains stolen from Indians without the perps ever being caught or on CCTV.

7 hours ago, RobMuir said:

i am tipping this Indian tourist had his gold chain nicked by a prostitute. A fairly common occurrence in Pattaya. But simply because he is an Indian you can’t accept this. For no other reason apart from that you read Indian.

It,s amazing how many Indian gentlemen still walk the streets of Pattaya at night proudly displaying their "gold" jewelry despite the many warnings and previous similar thefts that have blighted their fellow countrymens visits here ????

52 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Plenty do.

A false racist comment.

And another.

So Pattaya hookers don’t speak to Indian people, Indian people couldn’t possibly own any gold (because they are black) and only take out insurance if they are going to defraud the company (because they are black.)

Very derogatory comments.

No chance, not a Pattel, Muhammad or Abdul among them.

I love to see all these white folks in the comments get all fired up when they see someone more wealthy than them. More if that person is Asian or worse Indian. It's part of the culture to wear gold or silver Jewelry around the neck. You wouldn't say the same to a women.

The fact that "only white people can be wealthy or flaunt wealth and people of color are meant to be poor" is ingrained in their genetics because colonialism still runs in the family I guess. Wherever they go they think that place belongs to them and they can do whatever they want.

Unlike in most Western cultures Indians with new “wealth” or want to pretend they are financially successful will parade around with their gold on to make a statement. Sad this bloke didn’t realize this ritual wasn't’ smart in Pattaya. Tomorrow he’ll have another misadventure with the jet ski mafia vendors. ( stay tuned)

Its the old  Indian on a holiday trick, now how can I get it for free ? I know, claim it was stolen without 100% evidence so nobody gets picked up and he gets a police report so he can claim of his insurance. Indian and Nigerians have being vying for the title of World Champion Scammers for years.

5 hours ago, RobMuir said:

You lose. Indians having their gold chains robbed in Pattaya is not a fairly common occurrence.

Indians claiming that they have had their gold chains robbed is a very common occurrence.

Yes, I read Indian and was immediately aware of the scam.

I have yet to see an Indian walking down Beach Road at night wearing a chunky gold chain at night, yet I hear of many that get them robbed.

Don't be so naïve.

4 hours ago, petermik said:

It,s amazing how many Indian gentlemen still walk the streets of Pattaya at night proudly displaying their "gold" jewelry despite the many warnings and previous similar thefts that have blighted their fellow countrymens visits here ????

Maybe this time they get around that by wearing really thick gold chains that would take their heads off if the robbers ever try pulling the chains off. That would put off potential would be robbers. Can’t fault that kind of logic.

Archived