TM30 about to get serious in Bangkok?

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I was down at Pattaya immigration and hadn’t bothered to do the TM 30 since being back in the country for 45 days. 

The immigration woman asked me, and I told her I had been staying in a pHuket hotel the whole time (I lied) and I had just got back to Pattaya that morning. They can’t check it.

So my suggestion to anyone in the same boat is simply lie and say you were staying in a hotel in a different province. 

Too easy.

This kind of behavior will lead them to ask for proof of staying in a hotel, show receipts or call the place... Will just hurt us even more.

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

I did a TM-30, signing as "POSSESSOR", 6 months ago in BKK. Look at the SIGNATURE line on the form, strike out the 2 other titles.  Saying why  the landlord is unavailable and you can't contact him, I have signed the TM-30 as "POSSESSOR" because I just moved to the property, and am here to COMPLY with the regulations - DON'T LIE about anything!!!!!  Do within 24 hours.

If you plan your move in advance ( I try to do 30 days in advance ), you can get utility bills / deposit receipts / instillation paperwork to add proof to your legal "POSSESSION" of the property.

Have ORIGINAL Lease and 2 copies, complete a TM-28 ( Some offices USE a TM-47 instead - I have heard ) , complete a 90 day report ( TM-47 ), copy of PP photo page, copy of extension stamp page, copy of Departure Card ( TM-6 ), copy of entry stamp ( and re-entry stamps if you have ) page. Hand the " package" to the IO within 24 hours ( open IO days - best to move after 6PM on a Friday ) of moving ...... Its overkill ....., but I was done in 7 minutes at the IO's desk in BKK, the IO looked at me and said "Good". I also keep copies of filed paperwork and the numbered ticket.

[ The above was suggested to me by a Immigration Officer ]

"YES, Its the landlords responsibility to do a TM-30", but, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE keeping the NECESSARY paperwork to stay in the Kingdom UP TO DATE, If missing paperwork, YOU PAY the fine, and the infraction is ADDED to YOUR immigration computer file. QUIT bit¢¢ing about paperwork, I hate doing it also.

YOUR LOCAL IO SETS THE RULES / POLICY, learn what THEY want!!

I keep 3-5 ( or more ) blank copies of TM Forms of all of the above.  Also I keep copies of related PP pages and copies of my 2 issued Thai ID cards.

Related.,..Another headache, somewhat enforced. If you are hosting a foreigner on your property, you need to inform immigration of their presence by FILING a TM-30.  Any private home owner who fails to report a foreigner staying with them "within 24 hours of their arrival," could be fined 1,600 to 10,000 baht for EACH unreported person ......per the regulations......
So, if your foreign buddy "Joe the drunk" passes out drunk at your house, and sleeps on you floor overnight, you should do a TM-30 on Joe .... That's what the regs say, UGH!

Being respectful, period, when dealing with ANY government office or officer is the KEY.

Hey I got a better Idea....

How about just shitcan the TM30 and 28 and forget the whole thing...

I have never filed one in 15 years and have no plans to ever start...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henricus said:

When you have a Landlord, you pay rent, next payment take of the fine plus your trouble  easy

How about, Hay you pesky alien, you are too much of a headache for me, Its now three times the former rent or get out... easy

Hey I got a better Idea....
How about just shitcan the TM30 and 28 and forget the whole thing...
I have never filed one in 15 years and have no plans to ever start...
Me too. Not just me, but all the other foreign teachers I work with.

The idea of having to make the trek to CW on my first day back after a trip abroad for this nonsense, when I should be back at work, is a "shitcan".

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I was down at Pattaya immigration and hadn’t bothered to do the TM 30 since being back in the country for 45 days. 

The immigration woman asked me, and I told her I had been staying in a pHuket hotel the whole time (I lied) and I had just got back to Pattaya that morning. They can’t check it.

So my suggestion to anyone in the same boat is simply lie and say you were staying in a hotel in a different province. 

Too easy.

what if they demand details, and check with the hotel if you had a booking ... royally screwed.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LongTang said:

This kind of behavior will lead them to ask for proof of staying in a hotel, show receipts or call the place... Will just hurt us even more.

Actually it got me out of hassle and having to pay a fine.

They didn’t know I lied to them, which amused me, because the whole idea behind this form was to be able to keep tabs on us. 

Obviously it ain’t working as intended. So all this time and paperwork is actually for zilch.

When you stay in a hotel they don’t mark your passport and you are not even required to fill in a form.

So immigration has no idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

what if they demand details, and check with the hotel if you had a booking ... royally screwed.

How much time do you think they have? They are flat out just checking the forms.

Thais are not that good communicating between provinces with laws that are enforced and regulated differently.

Royally screwed? Nah, just smile and say sorry and pay the fine. 

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

why it's double the 800 baht mentioned in this thread is beyond me).

Since they are lenient on the 24 hours, they are saying "if you can't even get it done withing 4 or 5 days we will double the fine". 

35 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Actually it got me out of hassle and having to pay a fine.

They didn’t know I lied to them, which amused me, because the whole idea behind this form was to be able to keep tabs on us. 

Obviously it ain’t working as intended. So all this time and paperwork is actually for zilch.

When you stay in a hotel they don’t mark your passport and you are not even required to fill in a form.

Well, enjoy your behavior till it will come to screw you and the rest of us.. Its always people like you that make it in the end harder for everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongTang said:

Well, enjoy your behavior till it will come to screw you and the rest of us.. Its always people like you that make it in the end harder for everyone else.

You just can’t comprehend it can you.

They don’t even bloody know mate. 

If you want to make special trips to Immigration and pay them for no reason then go ahead. 

I am actually making it better for everyone by not clogging up the queues at immigration.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Rotten said:

I would think that Embassies should take up the cudgel and complain before it is enforced rigorously in Bangkok. In fact, I have not heard or seen so much paperwork for visa checks anywhere in the world.

Yes, complaints from embassies were certainly effective when they pulled the rug out from under us as regards "letters of income" or "stat decs" or whatever you call that thing we can longer get.

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

Ive rented out a condo on air bnb Bangkok and never did a TM30 and never been pulled up on it. Ive been told its not necessary for Bangkok

Yes, thousands of hotels in Bangkok are scanning your passport when you check in just for fun.

I have been reading about this TM30 for awhile. I live in the UK, but married to a Thai. When we visit Thailand we, me and two sons stay with her parents for a week or two. Do they have to register us? According to Thai law our two sons are Thai, as one of their parents (mother) is Thai. Do they need to be registered (they only have British passports)?

Edited by Too young to be old

5 hours ago, R123 said:

I know this has been asked many times before but:

If living in Thailand on a retirement visa with re-entry permit (CW office) then I take a trip outside Thailand...on return to Thailand , do I need to go to Immigration to file a TM 30 within 24 hours?

Even though address etc not changed? 

Yes, definitely. And worse, it seems that some offices, such as Phuket, would require you file a TM30 every time you leave your residence more than 24 hours.

• Sad 1

Ive rented out a condo on air bnb Bangkok and never did a TM30 and never been pulled up on it. Ive been told its not necessary for Bangkok
Currently it's not being uniformly enforced in Bangkok but it seems that may change.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, madmen said:

Dont know anywhere in the world where you can check in to a hotel without Id.

Never been asked for ID at any of the Thai short-time hotels I've used, Hotel in Hua Hin never asked.

Philippines generally don't ask for any ID, anywhere.

Cambodia, some do, some don't (Siam reap didn't, Phnom Penh did).

Vietnam, some do, some don't (2x Saigon did, 2x Vung Tau didn't)

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, Thailand Outcast said:

This will make a lot of work for all the short time hotels across the country.  ????

"Unless you’re at a hotel that charges hourly rates via cash and expects payment up front (you know the kind of place I’m talking about), just about every hotel out there nowadays requests I.D. when you check in."

https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2019/04/18/why-do-hotels-ask-for-i-d-when-you-check-in/

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Never been asked for ID at any of the short-time hotels I've used.

Philippines generally don't ask for any ID, anywhere.

Cambodia, some do, some don't.

Vietnam, some do, some don't

You must visit some dodgy 1 star "guest houses". I have never walked into a hotel and wasn't asked for ID in both Vietnam and the Philippines

• Like 1

5 hours ago, R123 said:

I know this has been asked many times before but:

If living in Thailand on a retirement visa with re-entry permit (CW office) then I take a trip outside Thailand...on return to Thailand , do I need to go to Immigration to file a TM 30 within 24 hours?

Even though address etc not changed? 

If they want you to it is printed on your 90 day report slip

8 hours ago, yokat said:

On the matter of reporting the address of a foreigner,  does filing a tm28 myself make it unnecessary for my landlord to file a tm30 or are they both needed ?

I usually found my landlords to be slow and unaware of the requirements. It usually needed my official moving date to be 'flexible'.

Check with your local office.  Some offices will allow you to use the online system (normally reserved for hotels etc.) to register - mine did.  You may need the owner/landlord to visit with you to set it up or they may accept a signed copy of their tabien baan.  If you do get it set up, take screenshots of each stage of the reporting process - its in Thai and you'll be doing it on your own next time.

11 minutes ago, madmen said:

You must visit some dodgy 1 star "guest houses". I have never walked into a hotel and wasn't asked for ID in both Vietnam and the Philippines

I tend to book online and pay in advance.

Maybe that's why they don't always want ID.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Incorrect! The hotel SHOULD have looked at and noted your PP details when you checked in, and then reported you as a guest to Immigration - see my #29

Edited by VBF