TM30 about to get serious in Bangkok?

When I thought I had to file a TM30 I would do it by mail sometimes a week late and would get a receipt from them and never a problem. I later stop sending them and never a problem. Mail is the way to go as understandably its not going to arrive in 24 hours. !st choice is internet rego but that would have to be 24 hours

11 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

It was actually a law brought in as a knee jerk reaction to the Erawan bombing. It is supposed to stop terrorism. 

But because the “system” was already a thai designed system, and the order came from the top as usual without consulting the immigration officers on the ground who actually had to implement it, the whole system is a mess that actually doesn’t do what it was designed to do.

Thais are reluctant to complain up the hierarchy out of fear of causing or having face loss, so this is the ineffective sh1tfight that we are left with.

The law always existed, it was just enforced more after the Shrine bombings. Hotels have been reporting long before the Erwan thing.

I recall moving into GFs house 5-6 years ago and 1st trip to the new immigration office they wanted a TM30 filled in by the GF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

The law always existed, it was just enforced more after the Shrine bombings. Hotels have been reporting long before the Erwan thing.

I recall moving into GFs house 5-6 years ago and 1st trip to the new immigration office they wanted a TM30 filled in by the GF.

At imm. the very nice lady said the fine is nothing to do with you, I am fining your wife and told her what SHE must do. A new TM30 form was given to Mrs.Trans to fill in when I get my next visa....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Ok, I got it wrong.

15 minutes ago, transam said:

At imm. the very nice lady said the fine is nothing to do with you, I am fining your wife and told her what SHE must do. A new TM30 form was given to Mrs.Trans to fill in when I get my next visa....

Can't you just say you slept in the pick-up, or a tent, or on the beach or at a fishing resort?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Exactly, but that was not the original idea. Hotels etc are required to report who is staying and they can do it on-line. Printing it on a 90 day report slips does not make it a law. And by the way, it is not printed on my 90 day report slip, which I did on-line. 

Why do some tourists not have to do a TM30 and others do, simply based on where they are living? 

"Printing it on a 90 day report slips does not make it a law."

The current rules have been law of the land since 2522 (1979) as specified in the Immigration Act, B.E. 2522. Google, read sections 37, 38, 39.  They have always enforced it for tourists (hotels, etc) and condominiums. Now, they are enforcing it to the letter of the law. What's crazy is TM30 is separate and redundant to 90 day reporting. On entry to Thailand, the 90-day system records your entry date, address, and passport number. TM30 gives you 24 hours to go immigration and report again.

Many say this is all about corruption. It's not, it is Thai style. I have a house that was built Thai style, I know very well.

I've been living in the same apt. for almost 20 yrs.  In '14 I went to Myanmar to cancel my NON-B, returned and then changed to a NON-O to retire.

When I went to imm. for my first extension, (Ratchaburi) I brought a TM30 from my landlord.  The IO stapled the receipt into my passport (I thought I should give it to my landlord).  When I asked about it, she said, if I don't move or leave the country, I could use it next year.   So its been in there 5 years.  No request for an update.

So my questions are these...  Anyone else have this happen? and if you don't move or leave the country, is the one receipt still good?

~

22 minutes ago, transam said:

No, the officer fined Mrs.Trans after consulting the info on her PC...

To be honest Trans, I don't really know what a TM30 actually is. I might have filled one in but I can't recall. What does 'T' and 'M' stand for? And why 30? Why not TM 69?

Guess i'm lucky that all this doesn't apply to me.

Edited by owl sees all
Took out little 't' and put in big 'T' for Trans.
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

To be honest trans, I don't really know what a TM30 actually is. I might have filled one in but I can't recall. What does 'T' and 'M' stand for? And why 30? Why not TM 69?

Guess i'm lucky that all this doesn't apply to me.

Tor Mor...

to the best of my knowledge, the TM30 form is not an "address reporting form" but rather notification from owner/hotel etc.. to immigration that they give "permission" for said foreigner to stay at that address.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lupin said:

Tor Mor...

to the best of my knowledge, the TM30 form is not an "address reporting form" but rather notification from owner/hotel etc.. to immigration that they give "permission" for said foreigner to stay at that address.

Well that's cleared it up for me. I've lived at the same address for 11 tears, but I did spend a couple of months travelling Thailand in 2007/08. Should I be worried? Or the wife even?

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well that's cleared it up for me. I've lived at the same address for 11 tears, but I did spend a couple of months travelling Thailand in 2007/08. Should I be worried? Or the wife even?

"11 tears"-is that some sort of Freudian slip,ol'boy?????

What with Trans having to sell his wife into slavery to pay for the fines and all ...

Edited by Odysseus123
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, lupin said:

Tor Mor...

If so why do they stamp on the 90 day slip 'you' must report within 24 hours to immigration?

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

"11 tears"-is that some sort of Freudian slip,ol'boy?????

Recall that great thread "Poison B in L" Ody? Great camaraderie amongst many TVF members. Made one realise that it was not only you in LOS misery.

Not all 11 years have been been traumatic and challenging. I can remember a couple of days when I was really content. One, in particular, springs to mind. I was feeding the fish and a koi carp that I'd not seen for 12 months or so came nonchalantly to the surface and sucked down some grub. It had grown considerably and I couldn't contain my joy. Other occasions too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orton Rd said:

If so why do they stamp on the 90 day slip 'you' must report within 24 hours to immigration?

the TM28 form is the one where "you" have to report within 24hrs.

The TM30 is the from that is meant to be the responsibility of hotel/condo/house owners (which we all know still means "you")

Although I'm sure the translation is terrible, the TM30 form actually says:

"... notify the address where alien received permission to stay temporarily in the kingdom...."

• Like 1

when we got fined it was made clear I had to report but it was the Mrs as home owner who was fined and who signed the form. You can send anyone to report for you though, I sent somebody else last time. it's all as clear as mud, as usual.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Recall that great thread "Poison B in L" Ody? Great camaraderie amongst many TVF members. Made one realise that it was not only you in LOS misery.

Not all 11 years have been been traumatic and challenging. I can remember a couple of days when I was really content. One, in particular, springs to mind. I was feeding the fish and a koi carp that I'd not seen for 12 months or so came nonchalantly to the surface and sucked down some grub. It had grown considerably and I couldn't contain my joy. Other occasions too.

I agree it was a great thread and it was where I first met you and Trans and Colin-good comrades all.

I have a pair of wattle birds here to whom I have grown greatly attached.They clack-clack outside my front door until I holla "$#&# off you noisy birds!"..and they do...

After 12 years living in my house in Ubon, and having a yellow book, we went to imm. for a 60 day extension on my Non-O visa. Mrs.Trans was fined 800bht for not filling out a TM 30 and handing it in. Never happened before, they said every time I get a new Non-O outside the country she must give them a TM 30....

Who is them?? The consulate?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

FWIW, there have been many reports this week that in-person 90 day reports at CW now require a TM30. 

Counter B is raking in the cash. Plan 3 hours is what some people are recommending.

Not sure how an online 90 day report is impacted?

Never done a 90 day report as I travel weekly out of the country so su ch report not applying

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

FWIW, there have been many reports this week that in-person 90 day reports at CW now require a TM30. 

Counter B is raking in the cash. Plan 3 hours is what some people are recommending.

When I paid my fine, she told me to always bring the receipts for both the TM30 and the payment of the fine whenever I came to immigration, in case future immigration officers asked for them. 

I got the impression that immigration officers now routinely ask for them, in the hopes that you (a) don't have one, (b) are not in the system as ever having had one, or (c) you have one but you can't prove that you paid the fine last time so they'll soak you for another 800 baht.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Germany, Austria, the UK.... 

Many places in Europe, some have laws for reporting like Italy ???????? because of their mafia problems tho. 

In Italy you have to have your id on you at all times, it,s law, and we all abide.

If you change your address you have to report the new address, by going to the new town hall and registering yourself and all your documents will be updated. A little sticker arrives at home to put on the car,s documents.

There is no real panic to get this done, and no-one gets fined, you do it because you have to for the doctor, taxes etc.

However, it is law that you report people staying over 24hrs at your house, and no-one does that. (You do it once when you buy a house and move in as all the house paperwork has to tie up and in theory you could be fined)

Other than that it,s an ignored law. 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:16 PM, LongTang said:

Let me tell you a small secret, But shhhh.. There are many eyes watching these forums, and not just foreign eyes NA..

Other than that,  They can be extremely vigilant and perceptive when it comes to extracting fines out of foreigners.

Wow.

When you arrive into the country you hand over your immigration form upon which you’ve written your address in Thailand. So they know where you can be found. Beyond scamming us the TM30 has no purpose because they already have the information 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lupin said:

Agree... its quite mad.

I'm still trying to workout why an application for a  1 year O-A visa requires your passport to have an EXP date not less than 18 months

whereas a 10 year O-X requires only 6 months....

Not on the London website they don't. Both types of visa similar.

Passport (validity over 1 year) and at least 2 blank pages (OA)

Passport must be valid for at least 1 year from the date of travel and at least 2 blank pages.  (OX) Although the next line, is

-passport (validity over 6 months) and at least 2 blank pages is redundant and a copy and paste error. 

Edited by jacko45k