Five metre king cobra caught in Trang – VIDEO

webfact

Five metre king cobra caught in Trang – VIDEO

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS/VIDEO: Trang DDPM (Kantang) / Rak Trang News / Maetee Mueangkaew

58378319_1928752810567769_79449332397585

A five metre king cobra has been caught in Trang, in southern Thailand, yesterday.

74 year old Amphon Srisombat, a resident at a house in Kantang district, Trang, called staff at the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation to explain that the king cobra was inside her house.

A DDPM crew took a short time to catch the king cobra saying that it wasn’t ‘fierce’ and was easily caught. The king cobra weighed about 10 kilograms. The cobra will be released back to a forest away from suburban areas.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/five-metre-king-cobra-caught-in-trang-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-04-26

From the National Geographic article:

"King cobras can reach 18 feet in length, making them the longest of all venomous snakes" ... thus making the 'Trang King Cobra' (almost) a world record breaker. 

"They emit a bone-chilling hiss that sounds almost like a growling dog"

Good Grief!!!

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/reptiles/k/king-cobra/

The link contains a great National Geographic video - alas too short.

52 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

I could be wrong, in fact I usually am, but I once heard that King Cobras only eat other snakes ????

Umm ..., casll me stupid ..., lots of people do haha ... but I wouldn't want to test that theory ????

7 hours ago, oldrunner said:

The King Cobra will not eat you but if provoked it will strike and you better get to a good Hospital that has anti-venom as quick as you can.

Sounds just like my missus............:whistling:

3 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I could be wrong, in fact I usually am, but I once heard that King Cobras only eat other snakes ????

I too could be wrong but you might be confused with the King snake, a non-venomous snake, native to N. America, that predates on other snakes, mostly rattle-snakes.

5 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:
11 hours ago, jmd8800 said:

As the cat in the picture breaths a sigh of relief.......

Cats don't know that.

Sure hope the guy on the far right ate his Wheaties this morning...  Yanks will get the reference.

Archived