Foreigners/ Thai owner fined for not reporting change of address within 24 hours

webfact

5 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Can anyone explain to me why the Govt are so paranoid about foreigners? What are they afraid of? How long before they require us all to have microchips implanted? When I do the 90 day report or TM 30 I already feel like I am reporting to my parole officer.

Juntas are by definition fascist and xenophobic. 

It's just this one has been in power a lot longer than others and has had chance to ram it's agenda down foreigner's throats.

Looking back the Erawan bombing seemed to be a tipping point. 

After that things changed forever. 

14 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

All countries require or use address registration,  the USA  Europe, The UK, Australia. 

When my wife, a Thai, travels to Finland with me no questions are asked about any address and she's fully free to move within the Schengen area without any reporting whatsoever. Been there, done that. Nor did the IO at Kennedy airport ask me anything about where I'll stay last time I visited NYC. UK? Nada, been to London a few times. Oz is till the big mystery, but I doubt they'll want to do Thai style anal probe every 24h.

It's a BS regulation originating from ancient former military dictatorships when there was maybe two farangs in the entire kingdom and should be scrapped.

If I stay out late at night, maybe even all night on occasion.

At what time should I report my new temporary address to the police station?

Can I force them to accept this report and then return a few hours later to let them know I've moved back to my previous address?

I would of course like to adhere to the very letter of the law and piss them off at the same time.

On 4/26/2019 at 1:13 PM, DrTuner said:

They should change 24h to 15mins to drive home the message: you're on parole, every movement, including bowel movements, must be reported to the authoritaaah immediately!

Don't give the administration any bright ideas.

It is not unreasonable for any government to know who lives where...

I do not know the full facts behind the OP story, but was only 24hrs or a lot longer? maybe harsh on the Chinese guys, but there again were they just tourists or working under the radar earning an untaxed income? 

Recall a few years ago, went native with then GF, spent 4 days up country with her mum in their village, they did not register me as far as I know, most of my stuff was in my condo back in Jomtien, nether thought anything wrong...

So say you have a "lady" join you in your apartment, how many hours do they have to stay before you have to report them??? 

Archived