How to get deposit money back from resort

gkudaka

i know a Thai lady who conned another Thai lady out of 12 million baht that women has now been sent to jail for 12 years. the woman who worked the con has given the money to her mom to to hide the woman who got conned can get the lady out of jail if she returns 5m they never even came back with a counter offer, the family said no way and have left there daughter to rot in jail. family come first right ? after money !

Your examame clearly proves the case against all Thais.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

How did you pay? Seems an important detail left out. Next time pay with a credit cars and chargeback. Works everytime i know because i have been on the other end of a couple people who completely scammed me and got away with it.

On 4/26/2019 at 11:02 AM, gkudaka said:

I realized it was not a rehab facility but a care facility.

I'm trying to decipher whether you want the fee returned and / or the deposit.  Could you please succinctly clarify what your potential claim entails.

If it's the fee then you're on very shaky ground indeed.  If the contract was to take your husband on two laps of the garden everyday, for example, and the care home didn't then it's your husband's word against theirs.  They could also argue in defense that he appeared weak and fragile.  They could spice up their defense and insist that he was prone to violence when trying to be moved and they did their best under the circumstances.

If you're trying to claw back the deposit then what did the deposit actually cover?  

After three pages there doesn't appear to be much substance as seems to have been sidetracked so merely trying to help you get the topic back on track.  

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, One Eyed Pie. I gave up trying to post on this forum because of the replies I initially rec'd. Basically, the deposit money was 3 months paid in advance when I placed him in the facility last fall. After placing him, with a certain amount of doubts, I had to go back to the US to work -- someone has to keep the ship running. I was suppose to receive reports via line, etc. The plan was to leave him through the winter so he could walk outside 2x a day. We're from the frozen East Coast USA, and he won't walk there, nor use the treadmill or bowflex in the house. He will walk in CM with a carer.

The plan was I'd come back in the spring to take him back to US to see his drs, but after 6 months of inactivity, he could not get up out of a chair and had difficulty walking. His personal doctor back home was concerned about him being able to travel. Took him to see CM doctor here who thought he was too weak to travel. so I moved him to another CM care facility. This is now several weeks later, and I think he has improved quite a bit. 

I've talked to one atty, and at his new facility, met someone whose son does business in CM and may be able to provide another atty's name. This site has some very useful info on life in thailand, and thank you for bringing civility to the conversation.

STOP payment on any current charges if possible.

Hope you didn’t pay in cash.

If there is any pending charges contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.

If you used a credit card, call them, even if they have been paid you can dispute the charges...........

I had to do this 4-5 times.

Book a place online........looks great but when u get there......absolute rubbish and they refuse refund.

Immediately call credit card and dispute it.........EVERY TIME.......got my money back......easily

Archived