Cannot turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10

hml367

This problem just happened all of a sudden.  It happened about 1 year ago and I had the bluetooth readio replaced (Dell Inspiron 7700, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit).  It worked until today.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and drivers.

Besides not being able to turn on, it causes the Device Manager to go into a refresh loop.

I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter and it says it FIXED turning on the Bluetooth radio.

In Settings, Bluetooth, Add a Bluetooth device, it says I have to turn on Bluetooth.

Has anyone had this problem and solved it without replacing the Bluetooth radio?

Perhaps Windows 10 has installed a new Driver following a Feature Update. Uninstall the Windows Driver and install the Driver from DELL or the manufacturer if you have replaced the original Bluetooth module with another.

If that fails, you can again uninstall any Bluetooth Drivers and instead install the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack.

1 hour ago, hml367 said:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and drivers.

You may get results by trying to 'roll back' the driver... especially if this problem has suddenly cropped up aftter a period of normalcy!

First, turn OFF Bluetooth so that it doesn't interfere with Device Manager, then...

...well, you know the next bit!

roll.png

9 minutes ago, killerbeez said:

You may get results by trying to 'roll back' the driver... especially if this problem has suddenly cropped up aftter a period of normalcy!

First, turn OFF Bluetooth so that it doesn't interfere with Device Manager, then...

...well, you know the next bit!

roll.png

Thank you, Killerbees....

I am on a different computer but I turned on the one with the problem so I could try your suggestion and the bluetooth is back and working. I will see how long it keeps working

I don't think I disabled bluetooth before I turned that computer off, yet when I turned it on bluetooth was disabled.  With it disabled the rollback button was grayed out.  When I enabled bluetooth, device manager refreshed on its own a couple times, then everything was back.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will keep it in my notes incase bluetooth quits again. It seems I remember similar activity in the past just before I replaced the radio.

Archived