Jump to content
BANGKOK 20 May 2019 03:20
tonymontana32

Obtaining a Multiple Entry Non-O Thai Visa Based on Thai Child

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I need info on obtaining a non-o based on having a Thai child, if anyone has any experience that would be great.

 

I'm English with a 6 year old son but his mother is no longer in the picture. I currently work for a company in Bangkok with BOI extension of stay which i've had for years. I'm now looking to get a non-o shortly and would like a 1 year multiple entry if thats possible to get anywhere.

 

I have birth certificate but probably wont be able to get copy of his mothers id, i do have tabien baan though.

 

My question is, which embassies would grant a 1 year non-o based on having a Thai child and what other documents will i need apart from passport, birth certificate, photos etc.?

 

P.S. We were never married.

 

Thanks 

Edited by tonymontana32
extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penang will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai if you can show 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of his tamien ban registry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai if you can show 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of his tamien ban registry.

Thanks Joe, will i need copies of his mothers ID? Also does the 400K have to have sat in the account for a certain period of time or is that just for extensions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang will do a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai if you can show 400k baht in a bank.

You will need your child's birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of his tamien ban registry.

Just checked and I do actually have his mothers tabien baan/id card copy but my sons name isnt in the tabien baan, does that matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tonymontana32 said:

Thanks Joe, will i need copies of his mothers ID? Also does the 400K have to have sat in the account for a certain period of time or is that just for extensions?

Mothers ID card copy is not needed.

The 400k baht only needs to be shown in your account on the day you appy.

 

7 minutes ago, tonymontana32 said:

Just checked and I do actually have his mothers tabien baan/id card copy but my sons name isnt in the tabien baan, does that matter? 

You child's name must appear in the tambien ban. That is normally done when the birth certificate is done.

You could go to a Amphoe and show your child's birth certificate to get a print out of the his registry that will be accepted. Your name appearing on the birth certificate allows you to get the printout of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Mothers ID card copy is not needed.

The 400k baht only needs to be shown in your account on the day you appy.

 

You child's name must appear in the tambien ban. That is normally done when the birth certificate is done.

You could go to a Amphoe and show your child's birth certificate to get a print out of the his registry that will be accepted. Your name appearing on the birth certificate allows you to get the printout of it.

Perfect! Thanks for your help Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...