Where to do serious mechanical work on Suzuki Caribian

Hi all,

I am located in Phuket, I have a Suzuki Caribian which needs a VERY extensive work, alot of welding is required due to water damage, change all seats, engine swap to 1.6-2.2l, painting etc...

I am doing all the work in Phuket but as there's alot of work here, the local prices are insane (as with anything else in Phuket) and do not make any sense to me, I am interested to drive my car anywhere in Thailand where the prices are normal and make sense.

I'll leave the car in the shop  for as long as needed, fly back to take it after its done and drive it back to Phuket.

Where is the best place to do this? I am open to anywhere in Thailand (north to south), long distances mean nothing to me as I've been traveling north to south many times, I love it.

shops which are specialized in Caribian would be the best and extremely helpful!

Thank you all.

I don't think that anybody here could come up with an offer you would consider okay, looking at all the work that has to be done.

How much is just an engine swap of your choice back home, only to compare what's really expensive...

Why don't you check at certain websites and buy a second hand one? I know that a friend's wife has got a Suzuki cheep they wanted to sell, but it's not a Caribbean. Interested to see photos?  

Thx for your comments.

I am not saying that the work is expensive in Thailand, it is just expensive in Phuket.

No problem paying more for everything here, got used to it but when doing such work on the car, why not do it in a much cheaper location? seems very logical to me.

If there isn't a specific shop, how about the area I should focus on? i.e. Bangkok, Udon, Chiang Mai etc.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived