Guys who have to leave every 90 days is there a preferred destination

To reiterate @MJCM you just use the nearest crossing, with perhaps the exception being Aranyaprathet / Poipet.  In Chumphon, either pier in Ranong is popular.   Some borders like Danok (Sadao) might require you stay overnight (no same day out-in, this may have changed)

But you must post where you are crossing from to get specifics on that area.   I assume you are referring to the border hopper having a ME non-immigrant visa as you said "every 90 days"

Edited by 4evermaat

I used to go by bus to the Burmese border, about 4 hours from Chiang Mai and in and out in a few minutes.  The duty free liquor store between Immigration posts has a good range, and tho some say most is fake, the ones I bought sure seemed the same ol' brew the airports sell at twice the price.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, scavenger said:

Next winter, I'd like to spend some time by the sea, without being harassed by touts and all that crap, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Vietnam, Da nang?

No problem avoiding touts if you stay within the resort or hotel facilities in Bali, on the street they will chew your ears off. Penang. Langkawi.

11 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Safest place to go right now.. Always is after a bomb as the streets are swamped with police and Soldiers.

Breaking news. There has just been, described as, a major gun battle with a few more bodies added to the total.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Vietnam, Da nang?

No problem avoiding touts if you stay within the resort or hotel facilities in Bali, on the street they will chew your ears off. Penang. Langkawi.

Thanks. I've been thinking of trying Langkawi. I much preferred Kuching to Penang  I have travelled around Vietnam 3 years ago, and I found the Vietnamese very unpleasant. The further north I went the worse it got. 

3 minutes ago, scavenger said:

Thanks. I've been thinking of trying Langkawi. I much preferred Kuching to Penang  I have travelled around Vietnam 3 years ago, and I found the Vietnamese very unpleasant. The further north I went the worse it got. 

People very nice in Bali but they are aggravating on the streets with the touts etc. It is also a crowded place (lots of Australian tourists and backpackers) and horrendously busy traffic wise. But a fancy resort, on the Beach, would be pleasant. Singapore, which you mentioned I like. HK, again too crowded. 

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

People very nice in Bali but they are aggravating on the streets with the touts etc. It is also a crowded place (lots of Australian tourists and backpackers) and horrendously busy traffic wise. But a fancy resort, on the Beach, would be pleasant. Singapore, which you mentioned I like. HK, again too crowded. 

I visited Bali 4 years ago. Some areas were more relaxing than others. I am not exactly the resort type, I like normal city life among locals who recognize Westerners as fellow human beings, as is easily done in Singapore, Kuching and Yangon. 

Also, has anyone here tried the online visa for Cambidia? With an evisa, do they still paste a full-page sticker in your passport? 

Edited by scavenger

Just now, jobsworth said:

What's wrong with Sri Lanka?

Haven't been there for a very long time but loved it.

The small fact that a few days ago bombs were used in churches and hotels to kill a few hundred people including people from EU etc is enough to remove it from my 'favourite holiday destinations' list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scavenger said:

Also, has anyone here tried the online visa for Cambidia? With an evisa, do they still paste a full-page sticker in your passport?  

mfac.gov.kh for online visa for Cambodia was the good web site.

but now it seems to be https://www.evisa.gov.kh/.

many other scam web sites that take your money

but my credit card company refunded the money.

It works great. No sticker in your passport.

expensive though at $40.

Edited by jobsworth
spelling and misinformation

3 hours ago, scavenger said:

I visited Bali 4 years ago. Some areas were more relaxing than others. I am not exactly the resort type, I like normal city life among locals who recognize Westerners as fellow human beings, as is easily done in Singapore, Kuching and Yangon. 

You print it when they send their reply. Better to print two copies and keep one for return as it saves them searching through your PP looking for the big sticker.

Depends if you are looking for cheap booze, hotties for good boum-boum and good cheap quality food that won't give you the trickles immediately culture, nice temples to send back selfies to the Missus and a cosy climate for health reasons...Cambodia or Vietnam definately...????

Edited by observer90210

On 4/26/2019 at 1:52 PM, MJCM said:

If you go just for the out-in, just use the closest border available (except aranyaprathet ???? they don’t like that )

I went to the Aranyaprathet crossing once a long time ago and never again.

Now the railways have been linked one would hope that there is a new border post established which may make life a bit easier.

https://www.railwaygazette.com/news/news/asia/single-view/view/cambodia-thailand-rail-link-inaugurated-by-prime-ministers.html