Changing jobs, 30 day tourist visa

I think I am correct in my thinking, I would just appreciate a 2nd option to make sure I haven't misunderstood anything.

I am changing jobs, so my current employer will cancel my visa and work permit.

I then need to fly out of Thailand and re enter getting a 30 day tourist visa at the airport immigration.

My new employer will then obtain my new non B and work permit.

I just want to check, will I automatically get 30 days? (UK passport, do I need to show evidence of anything? I obviously won't re enter Thailand with an onward ticket as I won't be leaving again once I get my new non B).

Secondly, can I leave and come back on the same day, or does this arouse some sort of suspicion?  Any place that is recommended for this? 

Fairly basic, but I just want to check I have things clear in my mind.

Thanks in advance...

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You will have to apply for a new non-B yourself at embassy/consulate abroad, with paperwork from the new company.

Correct.

The OP said he plans on getting a visa-exempt entry at the airport. Since that means he will have no visa of any sort, at best he would need to depart the country again to get a visa that supports/enables him to get the WP for the new job. Worst case is that nobody will even start the WP application since there's no visa. They can't hire Tourists even less visa-less visitors and AFAIK the correct visa cannot be acquired inside Thailand, it has to be obtained outside Thailand. A visa can be converted to the right sort once in Thailand but that really depends if the employer is willing and able to do the legwork.

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The OP said he plans on getting a visa-exempt entry at the airport.

Actually it is possible to apply for a work permit with a visa exempt entry but it will not be issued until he has a non immigrant visa entry (category B). When the application is accepted and approved they will do a work permit application approval letter.

Then it is possible to a apply for a 90 day non immigrant visa (category B) entry at a immigration office.

That is what his new employer seems to be implying he should do.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

You will have to apply for a new non-B yourself at embassy/consulate abroad, with paperwork from the new company.

Not until a work permit has been applied for and a approval letter for it is issued. That is required to apply for a non-b visa unless teaching.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not until a work permit has been applied for and a approval letter for it is issued. That is required to apply for a non-b visa unless teaching.

Yes, correct.

Another option is on the same day your old company cancels your WP and visa, you can get a 7 day extension of stay otherwise you have 24 hours to leave. Yes for UK passport you get 30 days on arrival for tourist purpose. Be sure you have your ducks in a row (where you will stay, proof you have money)