Reporting after returning from out of country..

Once again, which form do I need to file within 24 hours after I return from Cambodia?  I made a note of some posts on that subject but had a hard drive crash and no longer have the info. I've never reported anything after the previous two trips and nothing was ever said. Now I hear they expect you to report within 24 hours. Just need to know what form to use.

• Confused 1

Good question

Must admit i (or rather wife) have never reported after return and i will be back again in a few weeks.

I assume as i have had no problems before it will be same this time.

90 day reporting will take me to my visa renewal

whats a TM30? is it your arrival card they log at the airport .

yes i have lived a long time but regular travelling has always helped me avoid immigration office apart from the odd 90 day and yearly retirement renewal which  is handled by an agent

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Fred, how long have you lived in Thailand and been a member of Thai Visa?

Three years in Thailand but I still can't remember the various TM numbers. The search function on this forum is nearly useless or I would have looked it up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, KhunFred said:

That would have told me nothing since the title of the form  does not indicate that it is to be filed when returning to my usual residence from a visit to another country. The form also mentions "Houseowner".  I would have to be psychic to figure out which form to file if I didn't ask. Also, the fact that I never filed one before (only my landlord) somewhat muddies the water. The first i've heard of this requirement was VERY recently on this forum.

I thought the number of the form would jog your memory.

The title of the form states.

image.png.5a3d2e47f2142db3e67749be16571d67.png

You are the possessor of the residence which allows you to do it yourself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Three years in Thailand but I still can't remember the various TM numbers. The search function on this forum is nearly useless or I would have looked it up.

could have tried GOOGLE ref immigration rules/requirements !!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poohy said:

retirement renewal which  is handled by an agent

When an agent does the job, there is no need for TM30, TM28 or other nonsense. May be the agent pays the fine. It is called buying privilege. Now scores of of people will start posting what is legal and illegal in an authoritarian country. 

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Best to do nothing IMHO unless you expect to have business with your local immigration.

I would refine that to say unless they require you to, or more accurately until they require you to. I have not had TM30 requirement mentioned to me on any of my visits to Jomtiem, but I am expecting it to rear it's head one day. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I know the fine for not doing a TM-30 on time is ฿800 (or sometimes ฿1600) but is that the maximum fine?

The maximum fine is 2,000 baht for an individual. For a business it 2,000 baht to a max of 10,000 baht.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, essox essox said:

could have tried GOOGLE ref immigration rules/requirements !!!

Absolutely useless, all the different Immigration offices and officers have their own rules or interpretation of them, and will sometimes change from one day to the next. ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I know the fine for not doing a TM-30 on time is ฿800 (or sometimes ฿1600) but is that the maximum fine?  I ask because it might mean that you could never do a TM-30 and get caught years later and only have to pay ฿800.  That would seem worth it to me.

At my 90 day report without notifying my change of address, the IO told me to return the following day with my wife, my local IO is about 60 Ks from my house and my wife works. I then got a bit aggressive and told him no, and reached for my passport saying I will just go to my previous IO.

He then went and brought his boss to me, he asked for my wifes phone number, I have to say he was very well mannered about this, he spoke to my wife, then he said I have to pay him 800 Bt, I asked him why, he told me to ask my wife. I paid him the money.

The last time I did this, the exact same thing, I was not charged anything, just another example of different rules at different IOs.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

He then went and brought his boss to me, he asked for my wifes phone number, I have to say he was very well mannered about this, he spoke to my wife, then he said I have to pay him 800 Bt, I asked him why, he told me to ask my wife. I paid him the money.

Should have said no.

Then told him if he wanted 800bht to ask your wife.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

On 4/27/2019 at 8:21 AM, onera1961 said:

When an agent does the job, there is no need for TM30, TM28 or other nonsense. May be the agent pays the fine. It is called buying privilege. Now scores of of people will start posting what is legal and illegal in an authoritarian country. 

Buying privilege is CERTAINLY not illegal in Thailand.  It is the NORM rather than the exception.

• Like 1