Phuket taxi wipes out en route from airport to Patong

snoop1130

Phuket taxi wipes out en route from airport to Patong

1556270443_1-org.jpg

The taxi was taking two Chinese tourists from the airport to Patong when it struck the power pole. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET:-- One Chinese tourist was injured when the taxi he was travelling struck a roadside power pole then spun into a passing garbage truck on Thepkrasattri Rd in Koh Kaew early this morning early this morning (Apr 26).

Thalang Police were called to the scene, on the curve south of the Heroines Monument about 50 metres from the Jeeteng mansion (more commonly pronounced as “Yee Teng”), at 4:30am.

Police and Srisoonthorn Municipality rescue workers arrived to find a white Toyota Altis taxi with green licence plates that had sustained heavy damage in the accident.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-tourist-injured-as-phuket-taxi-wipes-out-en-en-route-from-airport-to-patong-71233.php#demo

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-04-26

"The accident came les than 48 hours after Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana welcomed the Chinese Consul General in Songkhla, Ma Fengchun, at Phuket Provincial Hall to discuss the safety and promotion of Chinese tourism on the island"

Does that mean 48 hours without any other accident involving Chinese? Isn't that some kind of record?

Reading the Phuket news story on this, I couldn't help but notice a list of related stories.

So many stories of incidents involving injury and death to Chinese tourists, no wonder the Chinese Consul General has to pay Phuket officials a visit on a semi regular basis to talk safety for his country men.

9 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Reading the Phuket news story on this, I couldn't help but notice a list of related stories.

So many stories of incidents involving injury and death to Chinese tourists, no wonder the Chinese Consul General has to pay Phuket officials a visit on a semi regular basis to talk safety for his country men.

And his visits help exactly NOTHING as long as these maniacs operate our taxis, buses, jetskis and boats. I have navigated that bend 100s of times without any problem. The problem is total ack of discipline and the laughable punishments for violating traffic laws. These crims should be imprisoned, and then banned for life from driving any vehicles for life as they clearly a danger to the general public.

12 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

If one hears, reads and views Chinese traffic related issues, I guess the Chinese visitors feel very safe in Thailand.

28 minutes ago, stevenl said:

An accident happens, no deaths, one injured, but treatment at a minor hospital so apparently nothing serious.

But look at Thai Visa comments, and it looks like hell came down.

The description of the accident would indicate gross negligence and no fatigue management by the driver, surely something worth commenting on.

6 hours ago, stevenl said:

An accident happens, no deaths, one injured, but treatment at a minor hospital so apparently nothing serious.

But look at Thai Visa comments, and it looks like hell came down.

Quite right.

The only thing that can explain these accidents that happen just about al the time is that 'hell came down' in this part of the world.

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

Quite right.

The only thing that can explain these accidents that happen just about al the time is that 'hell came down' in this part of the world.

So far as I am concerned, Phuket IS hell.

Certainly on the roads.

On 4/27/2019 at 1:10 AM, meinphuket said:

I have navigated that bend 100s of times without any problem. The problem is total ack of discipline and the laughable punishments for violating traffic laws.

No, the problem is that a large part of Thai drivers are not suitable to drive a motorized vehicle, your first sentence confirms this.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:36 PM, hansnl said:

If one hears, reads and views Chinese traffic related issues, I guess the Chinese visitors feel very safe in Thailand.

8 years ago, that was true.  But China has progressed in the past 8 years, due to traffic enforcement more than anything else.  Thailand has not progressed at all in terms of traffic safety.

When I moved from China to Thailand in 2011, Thai traffic was like a breath of fresh air.  In 2018- the last time I visited China from BKK, traffic in China was like a breath of fresh air.  At least in the cities.

Archived