Bangkok Bank income confirming letter for Extension

I have only seen reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting it. It seems only the branch there does them. I just read a post where other branches would not do one even though they were shown a sample of one given to them by immigration at CW.

Others have accepted a bank statement and the standard bank letter used for the money in the bank option.

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have only seen reports of Chaeng Wattana immigration wanting it. It seems only the branch there does them. I just read a post where other branches would not do one even though they were shown a sample of one given to them by immigration at CW.

Others have accepted a bank statement and the standard bank letter used for the money in the bank option.

Why would you want a standard letter if you were using the income option?  Or are you saying that one does not need a bank letter and only a bank statement if using the income option?

Edited by marcusarelus

14 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why would you want a standard letter if you were using the income option?  Or are you saying that one does not need a bank letter and only a bank statement if using the income option?

I wrote both of them are needed.

The letter does what immigration generally wants. It confirms it is your account and that it is a real account. Plus the balance on the day it was written.

The bank statement confirms all your transfers and that they came from abroad. Some offices may a accept a bank book if it shows all the transfers and a easily understandable code to prove they came from abroad (FTT for Bangkok Bank).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I see a number of posts with Bank of Bangkok refusing to write that letter. 

It's not that they are refusing, they can't.

Local branches can only issue bank statements up to 6 months old.

Annual bank statements, or a letter of International Funds transfers for the previous 12 months can only be obtained from the HQ, but can be order from branch.

If you have online banking you can print of your own statements at 6 month intervals and ask your branch to stamp and sign them, or alternatively obtain them from your branch every 6 months or less.

8 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

It's not that they are refusing, they can't.

Local branches can only issue bank statements up to 6 months old.

Annual bank statements, or a letter of International Funds transfers for the previous 12 months can only be obtained from the HQ, but can be order from branch.

If you have online banking you can print of your own statements at 6 month intervals and ask your branch to stamp and sign them, or alternatively obtain them from your branch every 6 months or less.

It takes a week for the 12 month statement. 

I think that this one is acceptable. Whether your branch can produce this on the spot, along with the supporting Credit Advice/Receipts for periods greater than six months is unknown.

Along with a same-day ownership certification letter, perhaps best obtained at a branch at CW?

BBL_FTT.jpg

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think that this one is acceptable. Whether your branch can produce this on the spot, along with the supporting Credit Advice/Receipts for periods greater than six months is unknown.

Along with a same-day ownership certification letter, perhaps best obtained at a branch at CW?

BBL_FTT.jpg

My branch confirmed to me yesterday that for next year they can again produce the above ...at branch.

For the statement we agreed that I will ask for one every six months ... easy to set a reminder in this computer age ... 

My IO at nonthaburi told me next year show Thirteen months of monthly transfers ......

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, report from Div. 1/CW this week, ext stay/ret (65k)... IO told applicant that bank letter certifying monthly qualifying transfers must be dated with seven (7) calendar days of the date of application.

One data point, one IO, one office, not meant to be canon. YMMV.

• Like 1

I was told at my immigration office that I will need the letter of all international transfers.  They come from the main office and my Bangkok Bank told me to apply for it 5 days prior.  My IO also said that I need a printed copy of the bank statement along with the confirmation letter that the bank account is real.   This is for the 65,000 baht a month method.

Edited by Mango Bob