Big bike insurance options?

I know we had threads like that before but I don't find them with the search function...

My KTM Duke 390 is now almost a year old and soon I need to renew my insurance.

For the first year I had a first class insurance paid by the dealer for about 12,000 THB per year.

Now I am looking at the options.

I am still confused what I really need.

a) I want that if I have an accident and I injure others and their property that that is paid by my insurance.

b) I have a good medical insurance so I don't need another one for myself just for bike accidents.

c) Optionally I am interested in insurance payments if my bike gets stolen. But I park 99% in security controlled parking areas so there is no big risk.

d) Optionally I am interested that the insurance pays damages for my own bike if I crash it.

e) Will any insurance pay for my bike if I have an accident and the other party is responsible for the damage? Maybe they can't pay or have no insurance.

Which insurance do you recommend?

If I crash i.e. a luxury car would my insurance pay everything? Or would an owner of such a car have their own insurance which covers their damage?

If I collide with a poor guy on the street who has no money and no job. Would my insurance cover all his cost?

Thanks for any tips and links

https://misterprakan.com/en/car/car-insurance-thailand

Scroll a bit down, there the different types of insurances 1/2/3 are explained, it's about the same for motorbikes or cars.

Compared to western standards the covered amount is always quite low, but that's normal for Thailand. So if you should crash in somebody's 40 million baht Ferrari the insurance is probably not enough to cover it.

Have a look in your current policy, if you should decide to make a new contract the coverage sums will be quite similar to this one also with other insurance companies.

I'm currently with Viriyah, which is afaik the biggest vehicle insurance company in Thailand https://www.viriyah.co.th/ you can walk in any of their offices which you can find about everywhere to get a quote.

When i chose an insurance company i also contacted AA insurance brokers which are afaik a Thaivisa sponsor, and also got a quote through them from some smaller insurance company. I forgot the exact numbers, it was about 10% cheaper with similar coverage, but i chose Viriyah because i read some negative reviews about the company which they showed me.

My apologies, not wanting to hijack this thread, my question is basically the same with the difference that my bike's over 20 years old, a bigger bike with 1100 cc in an excellent condition. When we renewed the insurance, I'm also with Viriyah, the lady just said no, mai mee when I wanted first-class insurance that covers all points the OP has mentioned. 

Parts for my bike are extremely expensive and very difficult to get. Does such insurance exist for classic bikes? Any ideas, links, etc would be deeply appreciated. 

Archived